Charm Inventory

What can you possibly mean D2 has better balance than d3?

The very definition of balance should indicate you’re wrong on this point.

D3 is really, really well
Balanced at this point in time. Each class has a speedrunning build for t16, each has a movement skill or more, and each has a GRift speedbuild and at least 2 top tier builds, with only a few gr levels differentiating them.

This isn’t a balance issue, it’s a gameplay issue.

D2 is imbalanced as hell. It’s part of what makes it so great. I, too, want no balance changes.

I dont think its what making it great. Its making it not perfect :slight_smile: changes in skills can bring it closer to perfection.

3 Likes

No, adding a charm inventory at all would greatly affect balance, regardless of the size.

1 Like

Diablo 3 has no balance at all… Just look at the damage numbers and item values… thats stupid! And they should balance D2 skills ??? i am laughing my …head of. :slight_smile:
that would be almost funny if it were not about Diablo 2Res. -.-

no it doesn’t

i have played with a charm inventory for 2 years in path of diablo and without one for over 10 years.

if it DID affect balance i would be 100% against it… the entire point of it was to make it so u don’t get access to anything more than you would already normally get, while at the same have the basic QOL of being able to pick up items.

it does NOT affect balance

1 Like

D3 has entire teams dedicated to balance. They rebalance the game every 3 months lol. D3 is far more balanced than d2.

I have played with them too. They definitely affect the game, which is why you’re pushing so hard to add them.

Arpg’s are not very difficult to begin with, but a big part of them is grinding for loot efficiently and min/maxing.

It would be like saying increasing drop rates doesn’t make the game “harder” but less grindy, which is technically true but that’s not a good reason to buff drop rates. And this is not getting into how much a charm inventory would affect the early and midgame.

Feel free to disagree but I think it’s way too big of a change for a remaster. Unless they cut the charm inventory in half, but even I’m very strongly against it.

1 Like

Last Epoch has a charm inventory. They’re called idols though. It’s very good.

1 Like

of course they have an effect on the game its a MASSIVE quality of life improvement, to be able to freely pick up gear

but it had no balance effect, THAT’S the point

Yes it did, you trade power with the ability to pick up stuff freely. So you may be x percent more powerful than the other player, but the other guy will get most of the loot because he didn’t need to fill his inventory full of charms. While you lament for a dedicated charm inventory to compensate for your greedy desire for more power. The moment you charms worth taking up all your inventory space the cube becomes a no-brainer as you are geared to the brim already.

1 Like

LOL
insert micheal jackon eating popcorn meme

he thinks i “want more power” ROFLMAO
you haven’t read a single one of my threads have you.

there is soo much wrong with your statement im just speechless… are u trying to troll or do you HONESTLY believe what you’re saying???

i really hope your just trying to troll, i pity you if you’re not.

1 Like

Your arguments have been debunked several times over on these forums. It boils down to you wanting to have a charm inventory and then autopilot around picking up stuff left and right without any more consideration. The devs of D2 did not want to grant you your wish, now accept it and move on.

1 Like

Some of us want a limited charm inventory. Meaning a small zone, separate from the inventory, where charms only work. Which would make it look more like a charm equip zone, rather than two giant inventories.

Personally, I would like a 4x4 zone. This would limit how much power could be obtained, making the choices on which charms you use even harder to decide on. It would also be a quality of life improvement, because the equip zone is separate from the inventory. Much like how you equip weapons and armor, but nothing else works in that slot.

I can see what you mean by this, but then people would complain that their choices of charms would then be too restrictive if only a 4x4 grid was made avaliable for charms. You cannot please anyone it would seem, but I think that the original design is the overall best implemenation, you get something by giving up something, charms are a “free” increase in power, but balancing around this is what makes it fun.

True. You can’t please everyone.

Here would be a good example of a charm inventory :

It does look quite good, perhaps that is something the devs of D4 might want to consider doing.

But for D2R the game has its charm system baked into its DNA that it would be IMHO reckless to mess with it in any shape or form.

Many patches already changed the game overall, the game is no longer the same game it once was when it came out. After patch 1.09, the game completely changed into something else entirely. I’m for improving what exists to maintain balance and give customization options.

Purist are scared of change adding anything QOL , Balance , and perhaps an end game. They use the excuses “makes game to easy” “leachers can leach” “leave a great classic game alone its survived 20 years with 2000ish people and a billion bots”

They know how to farm a certain way they know how to play this game and relearning or changes anything bothers them to extreme levels. Forum gold is also a major reason why they do not want change. Imagine having tons of forum gold from the hacker site and everyone has instanced loot… Makes the forum gold worthless… they cant face the extreme lack of class balance. “I dont want leachers in my game” (thanks for picking broken classes at the start of ladder and forcing near everyone to do the same praise you) Blizzard is finding out that making the game for purist is not working out!

2 Likes

A charm inventory requires you to relearn the game?

Charm inventory people, how would you feel about this compromise using the cube? Expanded Cube Instead of Charm Inv. (Plus Auto Store Loot) - #29 by Zax-11538