Charm Inventory

It’s a choice like you said. You can always TP back to your stash and get your MF charms for boss/elite kills. When you have a 90+ with good gear you will kill bosses/elites regardless, maybe it will take a bit longer to kill them due to damage drop. Your logic only applies to intermittent characters, and levelers maybe.

You don’t get to use more charms. Charms would only be useable in the charm inventory.

Yeah, but if everyone has a 4x10 inventory for charms, everyone’s able to use 4x10 charms no matter what else they’re holding.

In Diablo II, we can only use as many charms as fit beside the other items in our 4x10 inventory.

So… you see why people would get to use more charms? They’d have an entire 4x10 space instead of a fraction of a 4x10 space.

1 Like

No because most people just filled their inventory up with charms, especially in PvP. So, it’s not more charms than normal. I don’t know why you guys act like people didn’t usually just fill their inventory with charms.

3 Likes

I think the argument is you had to decide, can I add damage, can I add poison, can I add mf without loosing too much damage, they were a part of the inventory you had to decide how much you wanted to give up for. The fact we filled our inventories to the point we could hold one 3x3 or had a 1x4 spot open is our faults :slight_smile:

In this thought process I would be happier with the portals/scrolls and cube to be separate but charms still have a consequences as they are staple inventory items.

I dunno again I’m meh but how do you choose the size of the charm slot, you couldn’t just do a full inventory size, almost no one ran around like that, the cube was used, do you add those minus the cube size. I dunno I am just typing words now wanting D2R.

Yeah, but it just shows having a separate inventory isn’t going to be game breaking or anything. It will just be more convenient. I’ve played PoD and PD2 and it’s just a nice feature.

3 Likes

Well, this is the argument that’s repeated again and again in this thread…

Of course it’s more than normal, because it’s an entire 4x10 space. Right away that’s more than even high level farmers now.

But it’s not about just high level farmers. It’s also about every other level. They suddenly have an entire 4x10 inventory of charms to utilize. And what are you saying, that it’s expected for every player to fill up their entire inventory with charms and have no room for items in current D2? All the time, throughout every level? That’s ridiculous and lame to expect from every player.

You’re arguing that a charm inventory is going to drastically change the game by allowing people to use maybe 2 more gcs throughout the game and not have to depend on putting items in their cube? That isn’t a good hill to die on.

Everybody knows that pretty much everyone fills their inventory aside for maybe a cube to hold items. In PvP, most people fill their inventory with charms entirely.

QoL features are wonderful and by the amount of upvotes the OP got, many would like this feature.

6 Likes

Well I’m definitely not “dying on a hill” over this issue. I think it’d be pretty lame to give every leveling character a power boost via extra charms, so if it must be done, I’d hope it’d be gated at a high lvl, like 93 or something. It’d be weird to have a big power jump from 92 to 93, and it’d mess with PvP balance for 92s and 93s - so the charm inv would probably have to be disabled during pvp. If it must be done for the highest lvl farmers, fine. But why give every other character a boost? That’s lame.

1 Like

What kind of boost do you think 2 gcs are going to provide that will be game altering? :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Huh? I’m talking about mid lvl characters using many more than 2 gcs… you know the part of the game where you’re running around picking stuff up because we don’t have a lot? We’re not filling our inventory with charms then so we can have space, but we would be if we had a charm inv. How do you say this won’t increase mid lvlers power?

Anyway, I gtg –

Who stays at mid level for long though? Most people do nm baal runs and chug along. The point still stands that a charm inventory isn’t going to change the game drastically.

3 Likes

the only thing it would get rid of is not having to spend an extra five minutes going back to town selling then going back to pick up more if not the rest of the loot. has nothing to do with balancing imo. itd actually help the economy thats already gonna be lacking due to the really short ladders they plan on. less time spent identifiying loot and selling trash= more time farming for loot

7 Likes

Charm inventory is a huge no. It affects actual game play. Being selective of gear, charms and inventory space is core to diablo 2 game play. Arguing a work around is irrelevant.

Shared stash only effects storing items. It is something you do in between playing the game, it does not affect how the game is actually played.

3 Likes

People just like the idea of a charm inventory and don’t like the way the charm system works in the game. They keep saying it affects nothing despite being told exactly what it affects. Their actual argument is they want to remove charms from the game but retain the power that was given to characters by being able to access charms.

Its an odd argument to at the same time be saying the change is not a big deal and explaining just how annoying it is to work around it. Literally, working around its intended consequence. This would imply charms are doing what they were created to do, be super annoying if you carry a lot of them but with a power trade off you have to consider.

Someone who has gotten used to, or swears by a charm inventory just wont see it that way from what I have gathered in all these threads.

7 Likes

Exactly! People who want a charm inventory have removed themselves away from D2 implementation of the system by idealizing these features in other games or mods. They only see the option now to have their cake and eat it without any consequence.

But these people forget that D2 was tuned for charms being a trade off and that it was the entire point of the inventory micromanagement system.

4 Likes

I guess you never really played D1 or D2 classic for a bit then?

The inventory system quite literally plays like tetris there.
It was never designed with charms in mind and the fundamental design flaw of the charm system is, that it encourages and rewards the player to play the game in a way that makes it impossible to use the inventory in the way it was initially meant to be used.

5 Likes

I thought about the very same thing as the creator of the topic. It is simply just tedious with the way the inventory currently works… it allows you to stack charms to improve your character and farming speed… but at the same time punishes you for improving your char? Punishing you with additonal time invest for moving items back and forth so you can pick up an armor here for selling or a unique there for identifying etc. At the end of the day we all want to get the best we can out of the time we spent for the game… and the unflexible inventory hinders everyone at just that.
I agree with other post in the way that you should not gain an advantage in PvP here, allowing you to change items in a fight or the like… but then again… a true PvP player does not do that anyway! They play fair and square and with what they have on their character when starting the fight. They also don’t put 100% fire absorb against a fire sorc :stuck_out_tongue: or spam mass rev potions :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This argument doesn’t matter. Charms were introduced knowing how the inventory works and were introduced with a full understanding of how it would interact with inventory.

You don’t like that interaction and want it removed.

That is a fine opinion to hold and defend. However you’re using weird logic to turn that argument as if its fixing something that was broken.

8 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, I guess :woman_shrugging:

1 Like