Character models haven't been fixed

Early when the character models were first shown they received a lot of criticism for censorship and toning down from original models.

There was an acknowledgement and response.

Diablo subReddit community manager (PezRadar) replied(https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/lod96f/need_this_amazon/go6bzav?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) to users requests for a more feminine looking Amazon. “The team has most definitely been seeing the feedback over the last day regarding some of the looks on the character models. There may be some changes in the future so we appreciate all the feedback on this. In the end, the game is a lot of ways your game and not just ours so we want to make sure we do get it right”

Since then nothing has been done. It feels like they are trying to ignore this away.

It’s both about maintaining a faithful version of the characters and also about not getting a censored version.

I don’t understand how it’s okay to have mutilated bodies lying in pools of blood around tristram, but seeing the amazons thighs and azz is a step too far. Also other models like the corrupted rouges do reveal. Seems inconsistent.

The Barbarian. He flat out doesn’t look epic like the original. The original was a tower, and looks like he could slap the new one to death. Please give him the proportions he had before.

If you didn’t play this for a long time, this might all seem petty to you. But for some of us who played this a long time it really stands out.

Please be constructive in any discussion.

148 Likes

While it does not bother me enough to get me to stop playing, I very much agree.

Barbarian looks like a wrestler way past his prime.

47 Likes

Here’s Andre the Giants hand versus the average sized hand.

Barbarian sized people do exist. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

They don’t need to be fixed because there is nothing to fix. Move on and grow up already about it.

14 Likes

Yes there is. They look like lesser versions of their previous selves.
Don’t be hostile, be constructive.

68 Likes

Lol, barbarian looking like Stone Chilly instead of Stone Cold :smiley:

17 Likes

Nothing is changing. Move on.

1 Like

The Sorceress looks great IMO. The best looking out of the group.

9 Likes

While the models don’t bother me, mostly because I don’t pay that much attention to it, I don’t understand the change for the sake of change.

They didn’t even reveal much. No more than what I’ve seen walking around town all summer (less, actually). Besides, the Amazon does become fully clothed depending on armor type.

19 Likes

I think she could use a little tweaking, but it’s the Barbarian and Amazon that stick out to me.

No

25 Likes

Do you understand this line at all?

May :
verb

1. expressing possibility.

“that may be true”

1. expressing permission.

“may I ask a few questions?”

1 Like

Where in his post did he claim the devs said they would definitely change them?

He said nothing was done because nothing was done, regardless of whether the devs said may change or definitely will change.

Is that so hard to understand?

7 Likes

They may change them. But what I’m getting at is it’s been 6 months and they haven’t really spoken on it.

Hence why I don’t want the topic to go silent.

17 Likes

Right here my guy…

I read that. I read it again.

Hell I read it 3 times.

I still don’t see where he claimed the devs stated they would definitely change the models.

10 Likes

You aren’t contributing. You’re flaming.

Trying to get a faithful representation of the original models.

25 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to having the option to choose between faithful models and the new reimagined versions.
I would prefer faithful ones, but for people that would rather see flabby post prime wrestlers and william defoe as Amazon, more power to em.

I don’t understand why people always try to misrepresent the argument so much.

24 Likes

It’s called gaslighting. They don’t really have an argument so they make it about something else.

18 Likes

Fix character models, ty q_q

22 Likes

Ya, some of the new models look a bit pudgy, Barb definitely looks like he’s been hanging around the campfire eating and drinking a bit to much! Reminded me of Thor in the last avengers movie :joy::joy:
What would be cool, is, as you used him and leveled him up, he gets back into shape :joy::joy:

20 Likes