Change is not always a good thing

for for example pros and cons of the shared stash.

pro
your playing late at night and no one online u can just move your loot over saves time

cons
games has less of a community feeling. back in the day u would build up trusted friends who would mule for u and u for them. it built up a strong community feeling between the players. so much so 15 years+ on I still speak to my d2 friends and play games with them.

D2R will not have this.

so be careful what changes u ask for and what is don’t such a little chnage might have a bigger impact then u can see.

6 Likes

Not always, occasionally, so what do we do? :slight_smile:

At the end of day, I think it is up to developers to decide.

For example, they say they want authentic experience, so they will make very little change at launch.

On the contrary, controller brings massive OPTIONAL gameplay experience change and they don’t need to ask the community.

All I’m saying is be careful what u ask for coz u could lose the essence of what made d2 such a legendary game.

7 Likes

Right now they are careful. They don’t even want to give more stash space because they don’t want to make the game easier, from latest interview.

1 Like

That is a stupid argument against shared stash. More like the con is against the original design of limited space. Besides, I never mules that way. Most people that I knew and myself had multiple copies of the game and multiple computers in the household to use for self muling.

8 Likes

I think you’re missing the point.

Sorry but this argument is flawed. You really dont want to build up trusted friends with trying to use people to mule your stuff with people who already arent your friends. You actualy want to use already trusted friends for that.

5 Likes

The point has gone over your head. U was incentivised to find people u could trust. Now u are not

1 Like

Doesnt matter how many times you say to others how they missed their point. It does change nothing, try to present new better argument instead as your initial argument against shared stash is still seriously flawed. But what ever dude, you can keep repeating same over and over again without aknowledging being wrong :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How is it flawed? People are not incentivised to build trust with others now. With mules u are

Mules u have to get to know other players build up trust ect and build up a community. With your own stash u don’t really need to get to know other players.

You logic is kind of twisted and doesnt really make much sense.

It would be same as giving my money to random people on street to pick it up later and see who i can build up trust with and then be friends with them.

5 Likes

Brutalness is very clear here – obviously his example is meant to illustrate a larger point, but even in his specific example you keep criticizing, we obviously would need to build up some trust by playing and talking with people before asking them to mule for us. Brutalness is not just handing his items to people he has no rapport with. When he trusts them enough, they’ll mule for him, their trust deepens, and some become friends.

Anyway, his original point is very important for D2 especially. Altering how the game plays – even stackables, loot filters, etc – will change the way the game feels in subtle, branching ways. That’s his only point, and I’m relieved the devs seem to be considering that point very sensitively. Thank Tyrael. Hope it lasts.

2 Likes

Mule characters are a game design error

2 Likes

You could also end up getting your good gear ganked by one of those friends. Lol. Shared stash is definitely better.

6 Likes

Youre reaching… I havnt relied on others to mule since 2009… 2 CD keys, laptop beside me.

I am looking forward to a new player base and experience, build comradery, but the primary reason wont be to mule, it will be to enjoy playing the game with real people en mass again.

6 Likes

Definitely flawed logic.
Shared stash is definitely the greatest solution to that problem.

2 Likes

The many times you got stolen from these so called trusted friends is not worth it to be honest. Than game crashes or server lags and all your items are gone. And don’t forget a lot of people mule alone while staying 5 minutes in the game or using multiple accounts. I made the most friends while doing baal runs or while getting rushed or while rushing someone lol, or just by helping someone killing a boss or doing ancients or anya.

PS: I think I get the thing with the trust you are talking about. I somehow gain trust the more I play with someone like doing baal runs together or rushing each other and helping each others, I personally don’t feel like I needed the mule aspect for this to be able to trust someone.

Anyway, I am going to play cross progression singlepalyer lmao. I am too old for playing battlenet ^^

2 Likes

people just got scammed all the time, sticking to old bad habbits is not healthy either.

4 Likes

I never trusted anyone w/ anything. I sandboxed in another character or did the 5 min perm method. I didn’t trust people.

3 Likes