Challenge Rift for Alter

Well it was fun for what i got to play of season 28. The Challenge Rift requirement killed the season for me. I dont think something outside the season should be a requirement for something inside the season. I dont care about the boo hoo poor you statements. I dont care about the GITGUD statements. I dont care about…oh who cares anymore. Ill get flamed either way because that what this community does. This is a bad design.

1 Like

If you don’t care, why did you post?

I mean… Honestly.

5 Likes

Well, okay then. Do you really think anyone cares whether or not you can do the Challenge Rift? Funny how you think this is bad design just because you cannot do it, despite a lot of other players managing it.

4 Likes

Soooooo, spending 5 minutes doing something you do not want to do destroys any chance of having fun for the other 3-6 months???

The only thing that is hard or time consuming that won’t come from a normal part of game play in order to complete the altar is the Gibbering Gemstone. If Blizz removed requirements for things because people just don’t wanna, they would have to set the game up to hit an instant win when you create a character.

4 Likes

That’s why you hold onto the first week Challenge Rift and don’t care about faster leveling to your first 70. If you failed this week’s CR, you can await just a day for it to reset and try again at monday.
At most, you will lose a week, but this is still plenty of time to array other requirements beyond the CR cache. You can find the list of required item sacrifices fully explained in the official blog or many different third party sites.

You should’ve run the CR at the first week and just get an easy run with Leap-Quake Barbarian. If this challenge got you for good, wait 'till you start hunting for ancient Hellfire Amulet, ancient Puzzle Ring and most importantly elusive Gibbering Gemstone for Staff of Herding.

Why have you posted it if you ain’t looking for getting flamed abit or at least a good advice? There are video guides aplenty out there at Youtube if you search for it. All you had to do is searching for the most recent video guide for the latest Challenge Rift.

Actually I have been getting a big fat goose egg for that, the plans and the liquid rainbow. LOL

Every game I start I hit all three areas. And not even to where I need it yet, but been looking since the season started. Just the way that one goes. Right now I’m looking for the Ancient Puzzle ring. But I’m betting more luck on that dropping…

Hardest part is getting Izual to drop the plans for Staff and Gemstone. Liquid Rainbow will be easy and you don’t exactly need to worry about it as sometimes a bounty at that area just leads you to right into it.
Gemstone have really low chance to drop from Chiltara, assumingly it’s around 1-3%. For context; even Petrified Scream has a better drop chance at 5% and you can stack them as long as you keep running Greater Rifts. No such thing apply for Gemstone ever. If it was easy, we wouldn’t have this many complaints anyway.

However, there’s a small trick you can use for Gemstone; run the Campaign mode. Start the campaign at Normal difficulty, get to Machines of War quest at Act 3. In Campaign mode, Chiltara will be a guaranteed spawn when Caverns of Frost appear. For plans, there’s no such trick but as always, you can keep trying. I was lucky on plans and Gemstone took me three days to loot it finally.

The alter has nothing to do with the season journey and is not required to complete the season

1 Like

You seem to care enough to tell us you don’t care.

3 Likes

Maybe not, but completing it gives you a cosmetic and lots of passives for this season only. Hell the double Primal drops are worth it. Once I get that far. lol

Yeah, I know about that. I figured till I actually need to have it, I can just look for the stuff during each game session. Then go do my bounties or rifts or whatever till the next session.

At least I’m looking. If I get serious about it, I will find them. I have crafted that staff a few times over the years and I still have an inferno version, which I don’t think you can craft anymore. (yes, we had to craft a higher version EACH difficulty in Vanilla)

You don’t do any bounties?
“Clear the Caverns of Frost level 2” bounty might require you to kill Chiltara.
“Kill Chiltara” bounty requires you to… you can guess it from name of bounty.

Believe me, I will call Blizzard out on bad design stuff, but seriously bruh? The challenge rifts are so easy. It takes 5 minutes if you are good, and like 20 minutes if you can’t figure out a build quickly.

You might as well quit now before you have to farm a Staff of Herding, or salvage 5 primals…

1 Like

The challenge rift was a bit pain for me , but two of my clan mates helped me do it, but i do agree that doing something out of character is a big distraction

Altar.

How do so many people not know how to spell this word?

I know I am not the only non-native English speaker on the forums but damn there are way too many for it to be the reason.

1 Like

Why didn’t you make a post asking for help in doing the CR for your Altar?
I know several people would have friended you and you would get your Altar node finished.

I doubt the average player does even remotely enough bounty runs to have the mats for the staff of herding drop by normal play.

Getting the gemstone took me 5 hours of dedicated farming, this season I’ve done maybe 30 bounty runs in total, and I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing any more.

1 Like

I think Siri and Google tend to hear it as Alter. LOL I tested that, had to backspace and fix it.

If I’m mobile and on the phone, I have evolved past tapping out messages, I just talk to the bloody thing, then cuss it out when it screws up my words. LOL

Only 30? I’ve done maybe 15 these last few days. Mostly with 1-2 other people, couple of times high paragon player joined but left as soon as they saw P1300+ GoD DH doing T16 bounties alone which resulted me finishing 4/5 in all acts alone and then I had to finish run.

1 Like

Honestly this is the best season to do bounties. I mean, farming at T16 yields 44 mats an act right now. That’s not too shabby. True, they have had this in the past when they would enable double bounty cache drops, but imagine if they did that toward the end of this season? LOL 88 mats a run, I could handle that. I’m already enjoying the quadruple DB drops. Got a rainbow portal yesterday, the DB drops were insane.

Now if we just had the other 3 regular mat drops be doubled as well, then we would be stylin’

Well, yeah. I don’t really see a point in running bounties after getting enough mats to extract all the powers you need and craft whatever crafted pieces you need.

1 Like