Challenge Rift for Alter

Gibbering Gemstone is less than a 5% drop from Chiltara.
The “kill Chiltara” bounty comes up far, far less than 5% of the time a game is created.
This means the average player will need to run well over 400 bounty runs to get the Gemstone.

While some lottery winners might get one this way, 99% of the time it is going to have to be intentionally farmed.

1 Like

Precisely…Such categorical BS Fart that Bizzard has just passed on us… Two weeks straight I have NOT been able to succeed in the challenge rift…WHY? because the Hero I had to used did not have a full compliment set just for the particular hero… i.e. this week is Crusader…How the hell we are supposed to succeed if you do not place appropriate armor, weapons??? I have just wasted the past month…

Precisely… Before season 28, I was able to get the gimmering stone rather easily from chiltara…now its next to impossible… Leave it to Blizzard and its profit mongerers to spoil a good show…

Same here. Don’t care about doing them more than I need to for the altar/journey until maybe right at the end when I really can’t find upgrades anymore and it is final push time. But that is also quite a big maybe.

This week it’s Legacy of Nightmares build. That means only set bonus they’re allowed to have is 2 piece set bonus from LoN set.

How the F I was supposed to know I needed to hold on to that Week 1 challenge Rift Chest??? I spent it just like any other person would do. Now for the past three weeks. The challenge rift hero has been basically BS…not enough damage or toughness to really get another challenge chest… Blizzard can go suck on eggs.

I Have already tried it four times…FUk this…I will wait til next week…

If you don’t research and learn about the altar before season start then that is on you - no one else.

All weekly challenge rifts can be completed. Some more easily than others. If you can’t complete any then perhaps D3 isn’t the game for you.

1 Like

You could have read the patch notes, or at least glanced at the Altar requirements. Reading is cool.

1 Like

Asking kids to do something proactive today is just wasting your breath. “Give me this now!!!” QQQQQQ

Just the Challenge Rift portion.

It’s really easy though. You deserve all the GITGUD comments you get for this

The design is fine, even if you don’t like it.

Also, just run the challenge rift with a public group, super easy

1 Like

Yeah, that goes for adults as well. Of the 8 or so friends I have that play D3, I’m the youngest at 39, none of them have ever read a patch note. They can on occasion ask me if it was anything relevant in them, but read them themselves, not happening.

1 Like

Kargon, I would love to tell you “THAT’S NOT TRUE!” But sadly, my experience with players my age, they rarely do. :sob: :older_man:

1 Like

But I’m sure they won’t then come to the forums a bi$ch and moan like little toddlers that:

Not them, but I’m quite certain there are plenty their age that does.

Doesn’t have to be week 1 challenge rift. Just one of any week. I used the 1st to help me with leveling process but sacrificed the second to the altar. In the EU every Challenge was doable, not any crappy non - functional builds so far. There were at least 4 challenge rifts already. You could have saved any of them until you were ready to unlock the altar. You missed already 3 chances even before this week.

1 Like

I’m with you on this, but much of Diablo 3 seems to work against immersion in the world - seeing how fast you can kill all the bosses, completing rifts in super-fast times. It’s where it becomes more of a sport, or an arcade game.
For me, though, I don’t HAVE to play it like that, except if I want to get a pet or pair of wings at the end of a season (or I want to complete the Altar). I do those things, and they’re a bit of a pain but sometimes they’re worth it - I LOVE the little dragon pet.
Mostly though, my enjoyment in Diablo 3 is taking a bit more time, enjoying the scenery and the animations, and the lore.
Having to grit my teeth and do a bloody challenge rift in order to complete the altar isn’t a huge deal, but is a reminder that there are different ways to play Diablo 3.
It’s not my way though.

1 Like

Thats a false assumption…do not pretend to know me Darkness…You are obliged to give logical factual solutions, not give unsolicited commentary as to whether or not this game is for me or not…

To be fair the only thing anyone of us is obliged to do on this forum is to abide by the rules provided.

As for pertinent advice, if you can’t do the CR solo, try in group, generally they are easier then.