Captain Crimson's plans won't drop for me

I got my Captain Crimson’s plans on my first bounty run on act 1 bounty’s

15 complete runs later, still do not have sage set.
I have the other 3 sets and cosmic wings now, but still no sage set.

Not only have the plans NOT dropped for me, I still see (and can craft) the old Recipe on my characters…

Are you referring to the Sage’s Journey Set?

From the 2.6.6 Patch Notes:

• Sage's Journey
    • A Belt has been added to this set.
    • Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns how to forge this set at Rank 12.

You should already have the new Sage’s Journey Set since your Blacksmith is Level 12 on both Normal and Hardcore.

1 Like

I don’t have the belt.
Got the set now, it dropped in season.

Probably 30 bounties done and only Cains and Sage belt no Aughilds no Captain WTF

1 Like

I reckon its a glitch both my mates got Captains off the goblin I killed except me.

1 Like

Seems that some of us are being unnecessarily tortured over the new plans. If it is being controlled by RNG then that is just bad form on Blizz’s part. Several of us are never shown favor by the RNG gods and thus puts us at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

Just chiming in - No Crimson’s here. Did several sets of bounties yesterday, and no plans dropped at all.

I want this so bad, but I’ll just grind. Eventually - lots of time.

1 Like

Got mine OK, P280. Works well.

I got the lvl30 Crimson right away and can’t find the real one in season.
Looks like the game thinks “already have it”.
Never had this issue with plans in season, they drop like candy from caches until you have all of them. Except for the new ones. :frowning:

3 Likes

Maybe, yeah. I’ve got the crappy low level one as well.

2 Likes

I got Captain Crimson in my first ever bounty reward box this season.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh, also finding it really hard to get this plan for my seasonal sader. Have done quite a bit of bounties and in general plans have stopped dropping but still cappy’s eludes me. Frustrating to say the least.

2 Likes

i remade wiz and swapped all gear to other wiz and did bountys… Got it first attempt on my remade wiz… On my main i couldnt seem to get them

Off season it took about 5 bounty runs before an Odious Collector goblin dropped the plans for me when the new patch deployed. In season 18, it took almost 10 bounty runs before I found the plans in a cache. I too received the Augild’s and Cain’s plans before Crimson’s. I was beginning to wonder too, but got them before long.

Ok so i did 25 full bounty runs on T16 without Captain Crimson’s set to drop and i read all forums to see if there is a bug that considers the Set already learnt since my blacksmith already has it but it struck me that the level 31 Crimson and the level 70 have totally different names (I.E. level 31 Pants - Captain Crimson’s Bowsprit level 70 Pants - Captain Crimson’s Thrust) so there is nothing wrong with the game it’s just terrible RNG. I must be the unluckiest person alive… jeez…

2 Likes

Same here. No more plans are dropping from the odious collector and several bounty runs ranging from T10 - T16 have also failed to drop these new plans. I even leveled up another toon and tried to open up a set of bounty caches on it and still nothing. I did enjoy using that on the PTR but can’t seem to get them.

3 Likes

Same except i have lost count of how many bounties and collectors i have done. this is egregious levels of disrespect it should no be possible for me not to have the plan by now and yet it’s all working as intended.

3 Likes