Captain Crimson Plans Wont Drop

I honestly think the Captain Crimson plans for me are bugged. Ive ran a ton of bounties and killed a bunch of collectors and none of them drop a single plan. This is the last one I need, I honestly dont know if its just that low of drop chance or what but with this season being so buggy Im starting to think something is wrong.

6 Likes

Same here. i’ve played every Season, but this has never happened before…seems buggy

I received the plans through bounties.

Im farming T16 bounties and this is the last one i need, Ive probably ran 20 full sets of t16 and still haven’t gotten it.

1 Like

Same here the plans don’t drop after like 30 bounties

Yep, finished Guardian, no Capt. Crim plans.
This plan drop needs to be looked into so at least they could be available and used during the Journey, maybe…

The plans will eventually drop. It may take a while. Just keep doing bounties.

Well yeah for some of us its simply not DROPPING - the bug is this is meant to be a guaranteed drop - its crucial for a lot of builds and for a small % of people it seems its just not dropping - and the waste of time is very frustrating - almost feel like pulling the plug! The sage set is now learnt at lvl 12 - please hot fix this drop rate!

1 Like

Ok - Dropped for me - I put the tier down to Expert - away from Torments - did Bounty V and hey presto it dropped!!!

I like you were doing high lvl torments to try and get it - try and do a Hard or expert lvl and see how you go

I got mine from a Goblin pack on T13.

RNG is RNG

last season i got it after 200+ bounties. this season i’ve done 90 without the plans. i’m being punished by the rng gods.

Done like 216 bounty and got no Captain Crimson , nothing drops from bounties or odius collectors no books since the guardian set dropped , its bugged or ?

The plans have a really low drop chance, just keep at it. Took me a long time get them too, didn’t see them till over paragon 800 this season. My buddy got them first round of T16 bounties, RNG is RNG.

Except that items and Properties of items are weighted. So, D3’s “RNG” is unacceptable, if you ask me.

Not only that, but Blizzard stated that Blacksmith Plans and Jeweler Designs would drop from Bounty Caches and Odious Collectors (green Goblins), guaranteed, until you had them all.

So, it’s NOT RNG and it’s NOT working as intended.

It’s also one of the reasons Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns the Sage’s Journey Set when you Train him to Level 12.

Where did you get that information? It’s a Level 70 Plan for a Level 70 Set. So yeah, if you’re not Level 70 (or at least Level 65) they’re probably not going to drop for you. But, once you hit Level 70 they should be a guaranteed drop if you don’t have them already.

5 Likes

So everyone really needs to stop saying it has a low RNG, it is supposed to be a guaranteed drop. Blizzard has stated many moons ago that you will always get plans nonstop until you have them all at which point and only at that point will you stop getting plans. This is 1000000000% fact until Blizzard comes out of the closet and says otherwise.

Same problem. It still exists and it ruins my season,

Correction: got it after leaving a group and going on master solo for act V bounty.

Did same here. It seems to get it you need lower difficulty to MASTER. Got from the first bounty, after running 100+ bounty’s on torment.

I got mine off a T13 goblin Pack.

Seems a lot of people seem to think that you are guaranteed to have them drop until you have all the plans, although I have never seen any evidence of this myself, and it seems clear that I’m not the only one judging by all the threads about them.

Patch 2.3.0 Now Live

Adventure Mode

• Bounties
    • Horadric Caches now contain two guaranteed Legendary or Set recipes (if available at your level range)

This is an excerpt from comments I just posted in another thread:

Congratulations to those who’ve found theirs.