Yet another Captain Crimson's Trimmings Topic

I’m experiencing the exact same thing and it’s so frustrating. I don’t even receive Plans anymore from the bounties. I’d love some feedback on this issue before opening an “Wrong” ticket.

1 Like

When I start the season, I start doing bounties at level 1. This season I had almost all the plans for gear by the time I got to 70. Have not seen a plan drop since I got my first character to T4 or T5. I do play solo.

1 Like

You are describing exactly my situation.

Got the plans as my last plan drop, girlfriend still doesn’t have them after tons of caches opened (t16 ones ran by me, t8 ones ran by her).

We even tried opening caches on different characters, completing them on different characters, still nothing.

I would really appreciate at least a confirmation that states that the plans are just rare and not guaranteed so at least I know I’m not wasting time because of an unacknowledged bug.

1 Like

I also am experiencing this problem. I spent the ENTIRE day grinding T16 bounties and Captain Crimson’s did not drop. I have all of the other set plans unlocked. It really sucks because I’m running Crusader this season and the strongest builds use Captain Crimson’s belt and pants. It really limits my rifting.

EDIT: Is it possible it is dependent on what class you’re running? I have a friend running Witch Doctor and when I viewed his gear he had Captain’s Crimson equipment. Meanwhile no Crusader I know has Captain Crimson’s gear. Is it possible they are holding it back from Crusaders because the endgame build is so broken? That’s prejudice :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys, just providing some feedback: I just dropped the Plans from A1 - T13 Bounty Chest. It seems to me now that it is indeed supposed to be a “Rare” recipe.

Hope you all get it soon as well!

<3

I disagree. The following is a copy/paste from “…another Captain Crimson’s Trimmings Topic”:

Except that items and Properties of items are weighted. So, D3’s “RNG” is unacceptable, if you ask me.

Not only that, but Blizzard stated that Blacksmith Plans and Jeweler Designs would drop from Bounty Caches and Odious Collectors (green Goblins), guaranteed, until you had them all.

So, it’s NOT RNG and it’s NOT working as intended.

It’s also one of the reasons Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns the Sage’s Journey Set when you Train him to Level 12.

Where did you get that information? It’s a Level 70 Plan for a Level 70 Set. So yeah, if you’re not Level 70 (or at least Level 65) they’re probably not going to drop for you. But, once you hit Level 70 they should be a guaranteed drop if you don’t have them already.

In my opinion, with RNG + weighted items and Properties, that's like playing poker and your dealer is playing with a legitimate deck of cards. But, they've stacked the deck and are dealing off the bottom.

No disrespect to Blizzard Devs intended.

Just speculation and a guess here, I originally put this in general and it got moved to bug reports… is this Blizzard acknowledging without acknowledging that this acknowledged bug by the community is now acknowledged by them that this is a bug without them acknowledging of course?

Lol I just need to be clarified whether it’s suppose be guaranteed you get a plan every time you do bounties until you get them all or if this particular one is a “rare RNG drop” cause I’ve done so many bounties and haven’t gotten it yet

Clarification. I had Cap Crimson Plan before I hit level 70 playing solo. Bought the belt when I hit 70 and could start buying 70 level gear then realized that I could not equip Sage and Cap Crimson together and get the full set bonus on both without Ring of Royal Grandeur. Equipped Sage to get double DB. As far as I know, I have all plans that drop in bounty chests. Is it possible the bug is only in group play?

I also have this exact same issue. I want to try a certain build. I tried all different torments everything, even normal difficulty. Still no plan

I had the same issue and opened multiple bounty caches without any plans dropping at all. I just kept on grinding bounties and just got the plans from a T13 act 1 cache. seems to be just a rare drop

Yes, it does. But, it’s not suppose to be. And that’s the issue!

Sage’s Journey Set Plans used to be a “rare drop”. It wasn’t supposed to be either. Now, Haedrig learns it automatically when you train him to Level 12.

At Character Level 70, Blacksmith Plans and Jeweler Designs are suppose to drop, guaranteed, from Bounty Caches and Odious Collectors (green Goblins) until you have them all.

So… Blizzard… What’s the problem?! (Rhetorical question)

I have the same problem. I have run 75 solo bounties. I have all plans except Captain Crimson yet the last 25 bounties drop no plans at all. I just ran 5 bounties with my husband and he had plans drop I had no plans drop (he got Capt Crimsons yesterday running a T5 bounty solo - I run T13-T16 for nada). AS was stated, it was my understanding that plans always drop until you have them all. This is definitely a bug or Blizzard is lying about the guarantee. I am playing DH and need those plans badly. I am done running bounties. I am bountied out. I now believe that some bug has made it look as if I have all the patterns when I don’t and apparently from this thread I am not alone. Blizzard’s silence on this matter speaks volumes IMO. They don’t intend to do a F’n thing about it! Disrespect intended Blizzard.

1 Like

I have the same exact issue, and it’s quite frustrating… Tried everything like other people with no luck whatsoever…

I have exactly the same issue for days and more than 20 bounty runs, the plan just won’t drop!!!

I have 3 Season 19 Characters now. I still haven’t found Captain Crimson’s Trimmings Plans. I’ve been running mostly Bounties and Rifts.

I give up. I’m just going to play the builds had before I used Captain Crimson’s. And if they don’t drop for me this Season, it doesn’t matter. At least I have them in non-Season.  

I have the same issue. this league the ony plan that doesnt drop is captains… I never had that issue. And its sad that till now, none support came to fix this.

No - it has nothing to do with group play because most everyone here is talking about solo play. The damn plans just won’t drop for some people no matter if you’e playing solo or in a group.

The problem is Blizzard. They won’t respond to give any of us a reason for this issue. I was really looking forward to this season on my DH with the season 19 theme. Now, without captain crimson’s trimmings it changes the build strategy completely. I am bored and tired of doing bounties and of Blizzard’s disregard for our problem. It might be that they know there is nothing they can do about it this season because it is a bug. Still, at least they could say so because if it is just a RNG issue that can be easily fixed. If they would just SAY SOMETHING. I did message a developer about it and he said “Sounds like an RNG thing” - DUH!!!

Normally, they don’t respond in this Bug Report Forum. We’re just supposed to post a game bug, the QA Team reads it and tries to reproduce it. If they can, they will fix it. If they can’t reproduce it, there’s nothing they can do.

I hear ya. I haven’t found them yet either. I have 3 Seasonal Characters: Demon Hunter, Crusader and Barbarian. I haven’t even focused on the Season Journey except the first 4 Chapters for the free Set. All I’ve done, mostly, is alternate between Bounties, Rifts and Greater Rifts. But, no luck finding the Captain Crimson’s Trimmings Plans.

Except for one thing:

Patch 2.3.0 Now Live

Adventure Mode

• Bounties
    • Horadric Caches now contain two guaranteed Legendary or Set recipes (if available at your level range)

Which means, it’s not working as intended. Therefore, it is a bug and NOT RNG. :wink: