Captain Crimson Bone Spear on Leaderboard

The Crimson builds I’ve seen will include Command Skeletons on NumLock to proc Obsidian Ring to keep 100% uptime on LotD. By that time you’ve given up a skill, 2 rings (ORotZ+RoRG), and a belt to get the uptime. And those builds still need a lot of CDR to reach 100%.

1 Like

Very interesting, 100% LoTD is an unlimited resource (assume you also need devour) & 100% Krysbin 300%Damage Multi uptime which is pretty big.

Yes, that’s the build I had in mind. Couldn’t seem to get Zodiac procs from the skeletons though (probably me doing something wrong).

Anyone has a link to a build guide? I am interested to try, for science.

Wudijo did a video about the build.

[Invincible Necro Bone Spear Build with 147 Total Vitality in GR125+ (Season 22 PTR Diablo 3) - YouTube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyBM08ump0&t=302s

1 Like

Ehm nope. Rank 1 Clear EU 150 used Aughilds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Option is always good
4th slot FTW

Nobody said otherwise :slight_smile:

Long time barb new Necro here. Just started my first Necro about a week ago after my barb is in a good shape this season. Figured I should use CC3 since it’s easy to put together. It turned out to be pretty optimal for what I can see. With 1300p and no augments I can solo 115-120s in about 4 mins. Here is my build.

d3planner/748877199

The link is for optimal gear not my gear. This is an extension to the core bone spear build unlike the LoTD build which sacrifices too much damage. Here is a few differences that facilitate speed farming.

• I have 60% CDR which translates to 60% increased damage. I can use blood rush every 2 seconds which greatly increases mobility. I can use bone armor every 4 seconds which also greatly increases damage.

• Both Fratility Aura and Devour (with numlock or button holding down) are automatic. Full essence at all time, and about 70% rcr and damage reduction from 25 stacks of voracious at all time too (except the beginning which you should be more careful). Tanky enough for 120 maybe even 130 so no need for any other defensive skills or gears. All gears (strongarm) and gems (powerful, swiftness, trapped) I am using now are for extra damage.

• Play style is kind of melee (like a barb). Teleport to pack, aura automatically pull mobs together through Brigg’s and trigger Strongarm. Bone armor then Shatter. Rinse and repeat, nonstop to RG.

• As a speed farm build, the limit is set by how long you need to kill the RG. Since your total essense is around 660 and each cast cost around 12-13, you need to be able to kill the RG in about 50 hits. So roughly the RG fight should take less than 30 secs. With good gear and high paragon one can probably use this build up to 130s for 3-min speed farming.

3 Likes

This thread is about captain crimson on the leaderboard :wink:

Skeletons on NumLock, or manually cast? I had trouble too and thought that maybe it has to do with the Skeletons only proc’ing Zodiac when they are commanded, and possibly only for a short time after they are commanded (thus the NumLock). (And I have a keyboard with no NumLock so I can’t try it.)

The other builds also use Jesseth which extends the time they are commanded.

You could…it would just require a roll of pennies.

1 Like

I’m doing a quite similar build with 19k INT but with poison BS. Same speed 120-125s at 4 to 5mins. With the right group, we do 3mins for the 125. I often see 1,000+ Trillion damage during CoE Cycle + zDH buffs, so elites usually need only 2-3 hits to die.

I use physical for lower

Didn’t try numlock (if you have a gaming keyboard there are other possibilities, you know). But I’ll have to retry the build again to see if you can get the zodiac procs from skeletons (using Jesseth’s set).

Sme here, I’m using Crimsons + Nems + Cold BS Necro with 15k INT I’m speeding GR120 in 4 mins…albeit solo…the trick is to put Paragon points into VIT as you don’t need all mainstat in INT for speed GR120’s.

quite impossible to do in 3-4 with any build because a spear is slow and it flies in one small direction.
It doesn’t matter if I play GR10 or GR90, I need 5-6 min for both runs (p850) because everything is one shot.
a DH GoD is very different because its attacks are flying in all directions, so here is possible to do speedruns in 2-3 mins.

You’re not supposed to kill everything in your sight. Use cold spear and Lost Time phylactery for movement speed and hunt for elites and high progression monsters.

https://i.imgur.com/Yg5czFL.jpg

2:15 min on perfect maps I guess? I am talking about avg times.
Then I definitely need to see a video how to do a GR speedrun.
I played with a “elite hunteing” gameplay and 6min at GR105 solo. No difference at all. Movement speed of time phylactery is so slow, I felt like that “elite hunting” gameplay isn’t faster than any other gameplay.

Yes that GR was pretty good, but the average GR115 clear time when I took that screenshot was around 3 min. (it was taken almost two weeks ago)

There are some other good farming builds if you think Bone Spear doesn’t work well with your playstyle, like LoD mage.

Wujidijo made a good video breaking down Briggs, CC, and Aughilds. My biggest issue is how hard it is to find a Krysbins to wear.

3 Likes