Cant start game. Only party leader can do that

You might want to have another read of that End User License Agreement…

License Limitations . Blizzard may suspend or terminate your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Disruption / Harassment : Engage in any conduct disrupting or diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

So, yeah, they absolutely have the right to suspend, or revoke, your access to the service for chat transgressions.

1 Like

I am aware they have the right I never said that they didn’t??? Stop acting like I did.

The thing is, this is not what is happening. They are NOT suspending us, this is a bug not a suspension. Stop defending the bug?

I never said it was. I said the bug started in October 2019. That is factual. No, they did not fix it during that time period.

No, it does not impact many people. Only people who are silenced - and really only those with long silences which is rare.

1 Like

So they have had 8 months to fix it just like I said. Stop defending this

Which means you think they shouldn’t be allowed to do it…

Even though the EULA says they can, and you agreed to it…

So, you know that they’re allowed to do it…

I’m not defending the bug. They should absolutely fix the bug. What is being pointed out is that they could (and used to) suspend people’s accounts in the past. The silence penalty was intended to be a halfway house, i.e. it should stop you chatting without stopping you playing. The bug is incorrectly making it so it’s a suspension again.

That doesn’t alter the fact that the only people being affected by this are people that were reported for chat transgressions and a GM reviewed what they said and agreed that they deserved a penalty.

2 Likes

Clearly it’s a big issue. And No it is not just for long time silences, it’s for ANY silence at all

I will be honest here - I personally don’t really feel bad for people who have managed to get silenced so many times they have months long penalties. This is further reinforced by people who show up here using profanity, insulting others, generally being rude and angry. - which has happened many times. Pretty easy to see why those folks were Silenced to start with.

Should they fix it, sure. Should it be a high priority? :woman_shrugging:

You think it should be. Blizzard does not.

I am not so much defending it, as saying that it is what it is.

3 Likes

I don’t care if people are silenced/if a GM reviewed it. This should not occur at all. I should be able to play on my single player characters away from other players like normal. I was silenced, it says I am silenced NOT barred from playing. This is a huge issue

I don’t have a month long silence stop assuming things just because you think you know so much when clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about. misscheetah

Just out of interest, how long is your silence? (The email sent to your registered address that told you the penalty had been applied should tell you this)

Whatever, you can say what you want

I never said you did. You have a pattern here where you accuse people of saying things they clearly did not.

I can’t see any player information at all. I have never pretended to.

I am WELL aware any Silenced player can’t make a game in D3. For most, that is 24 hours.

For those who have repeated offenses, it is longer - those are the people most impacted by the bug.

Ookay , so there you go again, defending the bug for no reason. and repeating the same thing. It’s a problem whether you think so or not. You can stop repeating the same thing though

I imagine Blizzard’s position on this is that this has incredibly low priority to be fixed because it only affects people that are already known to be willing to break the End User License Agreement / Code of Conduct and, even then, usually only for very short periods unless they’ve broken the EULA / COC many, many times.

that is absolutely horrible if true meteorBlade. That makes blizzard look terrible as a company, who the heck would want to invest in a company that clearly doesn’t care about their own code of conduct/user agreements. That is abuse of their own user agreements. Sure they CAN ban us for whatever they want but that’s not what is happening here. This is a Bug and they clearly don’t care, which means people are being punished for NO reason or the wrong reasons, which means blizzard IS breaking their own code of conduct. This is NOT intentional and blizzard even said so, which means they’re breaking their own Code / Agreements

If they want to go back to banning people then change that in the agreements and Code of Conduct. But don’t just allow a bug that has been alive for 8-9 months to sit around as if it’s okay and give blizzard a pass just because it currently doesn’t affect you

The do care - the EULA does not say they will only mute you or silence you for language infractions. It says they can suspend or ban you from the game services. Period.

Some chat can skip you straight to a full out account ban - or even Bnet wide ban.

They are not violating their own rules. If I am wrong, feel free to point out where in the EULA it says that they have to only mute/silence you OR that the game is guaranteed to be bug free.

Investors actually like it when a game environment is welcoming and free of nasty people - it means more players will be likely to stick around and encourage friends to play.

Not really any different than when a store or restaurant bans a customer.

1 Like

Nah, it’s a bug would you quit defending it.

Like sereiously? they even said it themselves it’s a bug. I am not suspended would you stop suggesting that? Just beecause they can suspend me doesn’t mean that’s what happened. It says I have been muted/squelched.

Okay? Now you’re assuming that I am nasty lol… I can assume the same for you but I won’t because that’s evil

Of course it is a bug. I have said that many times. Stop acting like I did not.

The fact that the bug exists though does not mean Blizzard is breaking their own rules in any way.

The game is not promised to be bug free.
They can remove you at will.

You started this trying to say this bug is somehow illegal. It is not. That is the point I have been trying to make. I don’t expect you to like it.

Okay stop talking about that then?

They did not remove me I already said that. Please read what I typed before replying next time?

I was squelched. Now this bug has been in the game almost a year now. closer to a year than not. And you think that’s okay? Fine. it’s okay because it doesn’t affect MissCheetah I get it… mhmm…

When a bug affects you then you’ll see how much fun it is

just another reason always online is a mistake

Nobody said bugs are fun.

No, it does not. I have never been silenced, suspended, or otherwise penalized on any game or forum in my life.

One of the things that goes into determining priority on a Bug fix it the impact. If only a small subset of people are impacted then it lowers the priority for a fix.

Reality, most people are back in game in 24-48 hours and refrain from getting baited again. The small subset who have long Silences are just that - a small subset. A small subset they used to outright ban before. I don’t have direct insight into their bug lists or priorities, but I would suspect fixing things for that particular small subset of players is low priority.

For all we know, they may never fix it at all.

2 Likes