Played last night, logged in this evening and clicked the large “Update” button. Said it was waiting for other updates, but there was no other updates. Waited, restarted and same thing. Have done the following thus far:
- Was able to update games in my other two game launchers/browsers just fine
- Ended several tasks (agent, battle.net processes)
- Restarted PC
- Updated virus protection (CCleaner, Malwarebytes & AVG). Ran scans, nothing found.
- Uninstalled said virus scanners
- Updated graphics drivers. No updates available for Windows
- Disconnected wireless and now directly connected to router (hooray for 50 foot Ethernet cable)
- Cleaned up several caches (browsers)
- Uninstalled Diablo 3 and battle net app. Looked for several folders that were not deleted and deleted those as well.
- Re-installed the app and attempting to install Diablo 3.
Stuck at ‘Diablo III Installation’. Been like this for well over 30 minutes. The Diablo III folder’s size is not changing, so I know it isn’t downloading anything. Only some ~92 mb’s were downloaded.
What can I try next? Thank you
Update 1: Allowed it to sit there for over an hour. D3 folder is at 16 GB’s now. However, opening the battle net app yields with “Blizzard Agent went to sleep…” Thus, still unable to play.
Update 2: Turns out I had some Windows Update. However, I am still receiving the same message upon starting up the launcher. “Blizzard Agent went to sleep.”
Update 3: Deleted the battle net apps again, re-installed the battle net app, was able to get into the launcher. Located the D3 folder, clicked ‘UPDATE’, but same “Waiting…” as before. Closed out of the launcher, re-launched it and getting “Blizzard agent went to sleep.”