Cannot login - Screen freezes on loading screen

Same issue here as well, played fine last season. Just did a clean reinstall and still same issue… PC windows 10 pro AMD 3900x dual 2080ti 32 gigs DDR4

Yep deff not a Mac issue only, Win10 64 here same thing since yesterday. Turned off all malware scanners and antivirus stuff firewall and other programs at startup. Did the 64 bit to 32 bit change. Still freezing up.

1 Like

I played yesterday with no issues. Today I finished a game session and when I tried to Exit the game it froze up. After a few seconds I got the “not responding” error message. (See image below).

I’m playing on a PC, Win10 Pro 64-bit.

Edit: CPU = Intel I7 6700K

Same boat.
Win10 Pro 64-bit (1909 ver), i5-9600k/rtx 2060.
Normal D3 loads OK, PTR version hangs after showing D3:RoS logo.
Tried:

• reinstalling;
  • reinstalling to dir without spaces in name;
  • 32 client option;
  • “-launcher” command line option;
  • check & recovery.
    Didn’t work out.

Same issue
iMac
macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
4.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32gb ram
4gb Radeon Pro 575 4gb graphics
D3 plays great in non-PTR - hangs at PTR game loading screen

Hi, same problem here windows 10 rx 580 card, as soon as i start any rift, game just stuck on loading screen.

Same here. PTR freezes while loading. Reg game is fine.
I did get into PTR once and got a character to lvl 8 before it froze.

on MacBook Pro

PTR not working on Mac is a known issue, see blue post here

Anyone else having issues, be sure to list your GPU also.

It appears its issues with AMD GPUs though.

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB on the 2019 Macbook Pro here.

Read the post directly above yours

I have the following problem. I can log in to PTR, but when I start, my screen freezes when the map is generated. I can’t do anything to his computer other than restart it.
I5-4690k
AMD RX 570 ITX 4gb 256bit
32gb RAM
Windows 10 PRO 64
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing. I can’t play.
He walked for a few minutes at one point. I left the game and then I couldn’t go in to play anymore.

Windows 10 Pro 64, nvidia 1060 gtx.

Specifically, I tried to play the adventure mode and I didn’t succeed. I haven’t tried the campaign mode

I managed to enter the campaign but also in adventure mode, sometimes it leaves me sometimes it doesn’t let me start the game.
When I enter the game and want to go to another ACT (for example to take the CUBE), everything freezes when the map is generated and I have to restart the computer.

I can start up the game and create a game but after that anything I try to do like start a GR/switch ACT it hangs my game.
CTRL+ALT+Del then sign out then back is the only thing I can do.

Last night when I tried the PTR briefly it worked, well at least I could start GRs.

Win 10 pro/R5 1600x/RX 570 4gb/16gb ram.

This PTR is a hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck.

1 Like

I can’t create or join games due to the game freezing when trying to load in.

Win 10
I7-6700k
NVIDIA GTX 1070
32gb RAM

Second day, still not able to create a game, I hope we can test the PTR before it’s down ?

Would be nice to have some news from the dev team

2 Likes

Same. PTR game launch results in application freeze. PTR copy works, new character creation works. Non-PTR game launches fine. Have to force quit the application. macOS Mojave.

1 Like

Same here. Last nite and tonite. Can’t get into game…it just freezes. Task mgr says game is not responding. PC Win10 Pro, I7 , nvidia geforce 940mx, 12GB Ram.