Cannot login - Screen freezes on loading screen

I am in the same situation here guys when loading the live game it works fine but when loading a game in the PTR just gets stuck on the loading screen. So I tried to restart my mac/Scan and Repair the battle net game client/Uninstall and Reinstall the PTR Client all doesn’t resolve the issue.

MacOS 10.15.7
1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB

Hangs on loading with macOS Catalina… :rage:

“MacOS Client Update: At the moment, PTR 2.6.10 currently does not support MacOS client users. We are looking into this issue and will provide updates to you as they come in. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.”

same

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 9 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.15.6

Same issue here.
16” MBP
Latest OS and patch.

Game starts, when joining or starting a game it freezes.

Exact situation for me, regular D3 works, I’m on Mac Mojave

From the stickied post…

MacOS Client Update : At the moment, PTR 2.6.10 currently does not support MacOS client users. We are looking into this issue and will provide updates to you as they come in. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Same issue Win 10 Pro
Can login and select hero, but can’t load a game. Just freezes on loading screen.
Windows 10 Pro x64
10.0.19041 Build 19041
Intel i7-6700K CPU
GeForce GTX 1080 - Driver 456.55 9/28/2020

3 Likes

Yeah this just sucks while all of my friends and clan mates are playing ptr and testing I can’t even start a game in ptr to test without the game freezing in the loading screen. C’mon blizzard get your **** together!

Well at least I know the MacOS 11 beta 9 works as well as anyone else’s scenario. Great QA before a PTR, eh! :laughing:

game started to get buggy and giving an error “your request timed out” or something and then logged me out and can’t log back in.
need to get some blues in here.

Windows 10 Pro, the same issue.

The Crash / Freeze issue that people are experiencing perhaps has something to do with the DDOS attack on the Blizzard Servers?

Or did no-one notice the Maintenance Alert message on the launcher app login screen that specifies this?

I have the same issue.
I’m on a Mac and reg game runs fine.
PTR gets stuck at loading screen

Yeah at this point I just wanted to help them fix things in PTR but since MacOS users like us are having trouble day 1 of PTR oh well guess I’ll be playing regular game for a while until they fix it. I just hope they get it fix by next week when actual PTR Season begins otherwise

Blizzard how can your players give feedback on the PTR if we can’t even get on the game and stuck on an infinite loading screen of death?

2 Likes

Same issue here as well, played fine last season. Just did a clean reinstall and still same issue… PC windows 10 pro AMD 3900x dual 2080ti 32 gigs DDR4

Yep deff not a Mac issue only, Win10 64 here same thing since yesterday. Turned off all malware scanners and antivirus stuff firewall and other programs at startup. Did the 64 bit to 32 bit change. Still freezing up.

1 Like

I played yesterday with no issues. Today I finished a game session and when I tried to Exit the game it froze up. After a few seconds I got the “not responding” error message. (See image below).

I’m playing on a PC, Win10 Pro 64-bit.

Edit: CPU = Intel I7 6700K

Same boat.
Win10 Pro 64-bit (1909 ver), i5-9600k/rtx 2060.
Normal D3 loads OK, PTR version hangs after showing D3:RoS logo.
Tried:

• reinstalling;
  • reinstalling to dir without spaces in name;
  • 32 client option;
  • “-launcher” command line option;
  • check & recovery.
    Didn’t work out.

Same issue
iMac
macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
4.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32gb ram
4gb Radeon Pro 575 4gb graphics
D3 plays great in non-PTR - hangs at PTR game loading screen

Hi, same problem here windows 10 rx 580 card, as soon as i start any rift, game just stuck on loading screen.