Can you please increase the primal droprate

Heh, OK. This only begs the question: How many Kolbots are you running? :rofl:

1 Like

I agree with that to an extent. Since legendaries/ancients rarely dropped properly rolled with max stats , even high drop rates makes it difficult to get a GG item. But the difference is that primals always roll max stats so youā€™re only hoping it has the right affixes. If they up the drop rate to even double (~once ever 200 legendary drops) to what it is now, I think finding GG gear wonā€™t be that hard.

But Iā€™m curious as to whatā€™s the purpose of a Diablo game? If it isnā€™t about grinding for gear, Iā€™m not sure how most people would define a ā€œDiabloā€ game?

Trading?
PvP?
Both of which are missing in current version of D3, at least not available in a format that most folks would consider it trading/PVP.

I mostly hear Diablo is a grinding/farming game.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never botted. If someone were to put a gun to my head and tell me to run a bot, I would have to figure the damn thing from scratch and wouldnā€™t be able to do it fast enough to save my life.

Iā€™ve played throughout multiple seasons (there known as ladders) on D2 and I know how much time it takes me to assemble a character. Again, you have a roadmap if you know the game.
In D3 you can spend thousands of hours and not get what you want.

I guess it comes down to the definition of BiS gear in D3. You may think, that getting the first item for your build is BiS, just because it has the appropriate name.
I say you need specific rolls. If your profile is any indication, your gear is crap.

Unless this is an alt account, or youā€™ve been recently banned for cheating, you really have no idea as to the nightmare of getting proper rollsā€¦

Heh, Iā€™m being judged by the gear that I have on my current character. Classic.

1 Like

Let me put it like this.
Throughout the years Iā€™ve played this game I have grinded for gear. Hereā€™s the difference between D2 and D3 though.

In D2 I can assemble good gear for one build within a season no problem. Then, if I leave the character as is, it will stay readily available and I can make another character and gear him upā€¦ and in the process assemble a bunch of characters (and each will have some specific purpose), which I enjoy.

In D3 Iā€™ve farmed for literally thousands of hours, and every other patch ruins what Iā€™ve assembledā€¦ either some pseudo-balance change makes me re-farm pieces of gear (so the build is not readily available), or the build gets outdated to the point that itā€™s piss poor in terms of strength.
I got pissed off, I scrapped all I had. My current char is the only thing Iā€™ve got to show for more than 6k hours spent on the game.
I already canā€™t w8 for the next patch to ruin the Dreadlands set for me, so I have nothing to enjoyā€¦

I hope that illustrates nicely the difference between the two games.

1 Like

What else can I judge you on? If youā€™ve been banned, then the discussion is pointless.

If you have full BiS, why not show it?
Iā€™m sorry, but crap rolls on gear does not equal BiS. If youā€™re new to the game, you clearly have no idea as to the rarity of properly rolled items.

Yeah, I could dump hundreds of hours farming for better gearā€¦ However just to do endless greater rifts is not much of an incentive for me to spend that time.

Iā€™m already pushing GR100 with this junk gear. If better items come when I do play, Iā€™ll just push a little higher at my leisurely pace.

And yes I understand the frustration of finding the right rolls on an item. Iā€™ve dropped 5 flavor of time amulets all with garbage stats on them, so Iā€™m sticking with my halycons amulet for now. Plus itā€™s amusing to watch elite packs jump around like dummies. :rofl:

1 Like

Canā€™t really say much about the gearing process in D2 since neither me or my friends stuck long enough to get into details about it.

But if youā€™re talking about builds/gear being obsolete in D3 and having to regear and comparing that to current day D2ā€¦ could some of that be because D3 is sort of still actively being supported so there are still nerfs/buffs? D2 as far as I know, isnā€™t releasing anymore balance changes so yes, what you farm will be relevant it is today versus 10 years from now. And maybe the same will be true for D3 when D4 comes out and D3 will be left mostly untouched?

D2 had one major patch, that turned the game on itā€™s head and that was 1.10. it came like two after the expansion came out.

D3 has that crap like every other patch. Itā€™s stupid beyond belief.

So yeah, It could be, because the devs canā€™t balance the game 8 years after release, yes.

But even balance patches aside, that doesnā€™t change the fact, that good rolls are too rare, and you have no trading (or crafting that produces guaranteed results) to compensate for that rarity.

The result is, that youā€™re effectively watching a movie. Your actions have little to no outcome over what you get.

You definitely know your D2 but I wonder how many players actually got their gear legitly. Of all the people that I know who played D2, they eventually resorted to either using hero editors or buying gear from those 3rd party sites. To them, the gear grinding was just too tedious.

1 Like

It really isnā€™t that hard.
In D3 itā€™s harder to get the proper rollsā€¦ and again, you have less control over what you get.

The whole ā€œmost people cheat in D2, therefore most gear is not legitā€ (and Iā€™m not saying you said this precisely, but itā€™s what I often hear) is a myth perpetuated by people, who canā€™t navigate the game.

Iā€™ve geared on Single Player as well. No character editors, only a mod, that enables Ladder Only rune words (if you donā€™t know D2, imagine there are items, which can only be crafted during a Season, you canā€™t craft them on NS or on Single player). In some regards itā€™s easier than playing with others over battle net.
Even that is easier than what we have here, especially with it comes to particularly hard items to roll, such as Flavor of Time.

Yea, Iā€™m not trying to give the perception that most people cheated. Just saying from my limited small experience thatā€™s how it was.

I tried getting into D2 again but the graphics are just too out dated for it to feel enjoyable along with the mechanics. That game really had limited storage and I remember having to find a friend to host a game just to move things around characters.

1 Like

My question is: Why do people have SUCH a hard time with increased drop rates? What you donā€™t enjoy a game unless it is borderline painful? By the time I get a gem leveled to 100 to affix to my gear my butt hurts and I feel like I might get a blood clot in my legs. The game is unhealthily difficult at this point that ONLY botters find enjoyable because ONLY a bot can play the game for the required amount of time to get the gear one would need. I donā€™t want it ā€œjust handed to meā€ and I am willing to play for a set amount of time. I also grasp that RNG is a thing, but at the point the game is currently, it is so unobtainable that it makes it literally unfun for 99% of players. Go over to twitch and everyone is paragon 4k already. They brag about botting as if it is the only way to get a toon geared enough to have fun with. The truth is simple. If you argue against increased drop rates you are a botter. Pure and simple. Even if you donā€™t run a bot and support this ludicrous mindset you might as well be, or you might be worse actually because you support something that is borderline dangerous.

I can say I have hit the LB on three toons this season and do not need primals to do such. Then again I do not shoot for the top 10 spots so to each their own.

I will say I am not a botter and have a life that fits me and my family and can successfully play my game without losing it.

On the D2 chat side of this threadā€¦good lord on getting bis on multiple characters so easily lol. Kudos to you, I spent yyyeeaaarss playing that game and many years an unhealthy amount with my brother pulling many all nighters and mountains of pop cansā€¦still never found a CoA drop, eth death cleaver, enough runes to make multiple high end runewords, eth headstriker,ā€¦can go on.

D2 had very very rare chances for some items and many were ā€œbisā€ā€¦I use this term loosely as many BIS gear for d2 differed from build to build (as my list of items I never found like eth death cleaver and headstriker were sought after by me for a zealot).

On the notion of its as easy as running fast GRā€™s for primalsā€¦yes statisticallyā€¦then again I have had seasons it works well (although like we all know 99% were useless) and others it did notā€¦like this season. Since my wifeā€™s career kicked off, mine changed and I got to be a mr mom and have spent more time on this season than I have for agesā€¦yet my primal drop rate has been very slim.

Higher drop rates are not wanted by many because they like playing the game for the rarity of finding itemsā€¦if that makes since.
They like the thrill of finding something and if everything just drops in their lapā€¦they will not be interested in continuing. This is my thought on this subject.

1 Like

This game is anything but difficult. Finding items that arenā€™t EXACTLY what you need is part of the fun, it forces you to think by finding alternate ways of playing the game, be it your set skills and/or strategy. Sure it may not be the most optimal build, but itā€™s still progress. Following some cookie cutter build that you found online that tells you what you need is not my idea of playing the game.

I enjoy difficult games that force you to think. To each their own I suppose.

2 Likes

Why does one have to be obsessed with getting perfect primals? Just enjoy the game for what it is.

I donā€™t bot and I donā€™t have GG primals. But thatā€™s okay because primal serves a purpose ā€¦ mainly items reserved for those dedicated to playing the game.

" PRIMAL ANCIENTS & DEVELOPER PHILOSOPHY

Primal Ancients are for players who have largely completed gearing for their build or finished their Season Journey but want to continue playing. Theyā€™re also for non-Seasonal players who have great gear and spend most of their time gaining Paragon Levels and upgrading Legendary Gems. We wanted to extend the excitement of seeing gear drop or spending Blood Shards at Kadala beyond obtaining Ancients in every slot. Primals provide an avenue for dedicated players to complete a build, without feeling like required upgrades."

4 Likes

I didnā€™t know that botters regular-ed the forums so much. When you create a system that ONLY rewards cheaters all you will have left are cheaters.

And with that comment, I can see that this conversation is pointless.

Have fun.

2 Likes

/shrug I would think botters would regular the forums more since they obviously have more time to chat here with their bots running for them. :wink:

3 Likes

I dont think increasing primal drop chance would fix the ā€œuseless primalsā€ issue. Sure it would slightly increase the chance of getting a primal item that you actually can use to improve your character but the chance of getting a useless primal would increase too. I think its better if they added a new recipe in Kanais cube where when salvaging a primal would give you a material which you can use to upgrade an ancient into a primal with an X amount of that material. This way we can actually set a better and achievable goal of getting a specifc item as a primal.

Now thereā€™s an argument that bots/cheaters would abuse these suggestions because they can run a program all day and farm end-game gear even faster. I dislike that this is a counter-argument to these suggestions because its a feature that I would like to enjoy in a game and it sucks that we have to limit our gameplay features because of those cheaters. But again to me it doesnt look like increasing primal drop rates would fix the issue. The primal drop rate seems fine for me, just need to make useless primals into a more useful thing.