Can you please increase the primal droprate

They are way too low that by the time I get one, its both useless and I am burned out.

Also support Linux.

8 Likes

No. It will be just one more thing that makes the game even easier. Primals are supposed to be hard to find and even harder to find a good one. If anything, the drop rates need to be reduced across the board to keep the game interesting. There’s already too much instant gratification as it is, there’s no need for more.

Linux support would be great, I agree there!

9 Likes

Hard yes but why make it impossible?

3 Likes

Not impossible by any means. My GoD DH can run regular T16 rifts in 3 minutes on average. Killing everything on screen and hitting the chests, on average I’ll drop about 10 leg/set items drop per run, and that’s not counting finding a goblin pack. So lets say 4 minutes including the 30 second rift close counter, that’s 15 runs per hour, or 150 items. At the average ratio of 1 primal per 400 leg/set drops, I should average one primal every 2 hours 40 minutes.

The RNG gods are at play here, so your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

+1 (At least 20 characters)

2 Likes

Why is it such a bad thing that we can kit out more than 1 toon per season? I would like to kit out a toon, then move onto another toon with more than just normal legs or ancients. It would be super fun and give something players (not botters) can enjoy.

1 Like

I don’t think the drop rate should be increased but I would like to see them add a couple cube recipes related to Primals. For Example:

New Legendary crafting material “Primal soul” you get x1 for salvaging a primal.

New Recipe: Primal Soul + Primal item = Same Primal item rerolled.
New Recipe: 5x Primal Soul + Ancient item = Similar item upgraded to primal.

I think the first recipe is justified because they have made specific affixes way more useful than others. Finding a primal with the wrong affixes = trash. Let us reroll them a few times. They already admitted their intention was for primals to be the end game version of the iten. One thing they already did was made primal versions of amulets and rings much much more likely to have a socket but despite this change its still possible to get primals with 2 crap affixes and you can only fix one with the mystic.

The second recipe I think is justifiable as well. It would take 5 times the amount of time to forge a targeted primal than to find a single primal. This would actually make it possible for people to find 1 or 2 useful primals each new season before it ends. Normies could actually get a couple useful ones without having to bot. Last season I didn’t find a single useful one and had terrible RNG with reforging my legendaries. I spent over 15k DB’s reforging my main weapon and didn’t get it primal the entire season.

2 Likes

Back in vanilla, drop rates of legendaries were low. Then drop rates got increased as well as kill speed due to power creep. With the two combined we have raining legendaries like we do now. So they implemented Ancient lengedaries to keep the loot hunt going. Now even those aren’t rare so they gave us primal… Kind of see where this is headed?

8 Likes

That sounds like something a botter would say. You get to flex on us normies and that is where you find your moment of cathartic narcissistic happiness. We just want to enjoy the game and find the pieces we want to complete the character and move on.

2 Likes

Sounds like a player who wants things handed to them would say? But … okay. :slight_smile: Some of us enjoy the loot hunt and I wouldn’t flex since I don’t have gg gear.

4 Likes

Whatever botter nobody cares but botters. Things are handed out by playing. Games don’t need to be work.

2 Likes

Yep botting is bad, can’t disagree with you there. And yes, we gamers like to play and enjoy the loot hunt. Why people complained when ancients came down like rain and there was no more loot hunt.

1 Like

I never did I just made new toons. Those who complained were botters or nolifes.

1 Like

Nice, continue making new toons. More power to you.

Like you even know what you’re talking about.
I don’t know who told you, that video games have to be about masochism and everything else is “instant gratification”, but he lied to you.

Diablo was never about perpetual pointless grind, not prior to RoS anyways.
By the time I assemble a proper gear for a single build in D3, I can gear several characters in full BiS on D2.

Also, dark jedi are called sith lords…

I would say pre RoS was more about grinding since there weren’t even leaderboards back in the day. So what would you do but grind gear? Just beat the story? And as said, drop rates were abysmal back in vanilla unless you used the auction house to gear.

Don’t have much experience with D2, but read/heard some of those runes had very low drop rates. But unsure if they are required for “BIS” gear.

1 Like

that sounds terrible, and possibly the worst idea of all time

2 Likes

In Vanilla D3 drop rates were indeed abysmal and that was by design… to try and trick you into spending real money on the game. The gold AH was fine for the most part.

However, a lot of people seem to think, that in RoS drop rates are too high, and that by itself means, that good gear is easily available… only, it really isn’t.
Properly rolled ancient / primal pieces are extremely rare.

Low drop rates worked in D2, because there was trading, and because items dropped with more or less static stats. The ones where the variance mattered were pretty few.

And yes, I gearing up on D2 is faster. It’s not “instant gratification”, because it requires you to know how to farm specific things and how to trade. You are actually playing a game and you have a roadmap.

In RoS what you effectively do is, that you are watching a movie. You see things happening, you have no control. You either get good things, or you don’t.
I probably have 6k+ hours on this game, not a single proper amulet with elemental DMG, not a single proper Compass Rose (even though 2 primals dropped, rolled like crap).

If you want to increase your Primal drop rate just run 1.5 to 2 minute gr 70’s and watch the pri’s drop alot more for you.
Do 3 gr’s before you do town chores.

On the 2nd gr back to town, put gems in stash, and clear the white/blue/yellow out of backpack and quickly go to 3rd gr.

By running so many gr’s quickly in an hour you will be pleasantly surprised.

Tonight I got 4 primals within the same bounty game… all unusable, of course.

Yes, doing fast GRs is a good advice in general, but in no way guarantees, that you’ll be pleasantly surprised considering, that you can get unusable crap.