Can we please get some justice on the Console Version of this game?

Why are cheaters seemingly going unpunished on the console versions of this game? If you open up the leader boards on the switch version, and presumably other consoles as well, every single top slot is filled with people having 3 sockets on EVERY equipable item in the game, even items that can never have sockets such as boots. This is extremely frustration, especially since at first I thought they Blizzard added something to the game that increased the possible sockets you could have on items. People are finishing GR150+ in less than a minute, and they’re doing it with armor that has 3 sockets with the highest diamonds, weapons with 3 of the highest Emeralds, and rings and ammys with 3 Leg gems EACH, making ungodly powerful combinations. I’m also assuming the items named like Test 763 (a ring with 3 sockets) are cheated items as I can not find any reference to these items in official sources. I am not seeing this happen on PC at all, but on the switch the leader boards are swamped with this kind of set up.

2 Likes

Hacking in seasons is only on the switch.

1 Like

Some comments and points I’d like to state and make.

Online cheating can definitely kill the situation, very few scenarios where cheats actually improve the online experience (the Nintendo console scene has had some really cool results from the use of cheats/hacks as well as its really crummy side of things). However for me I want to say that you should have expected this to happen knowing Diablo III on the consoles have been cheated/hacked for years, you had to have stumbled upon YouTube videos related to the matter at least once or twice. I am sure you have read some articles about it too. By all means, I am not saying it’s your fault either, no way, but what I will say is, stop following a silly board on the console version, follow your own strategies, follow your preferences, play with people you know won’t break the game, people you know you can trust. If you really want to follow the competitive scene then you should look into the builds people use on the PC version, they all work on the console version obviously.

This is partly why I feel the leaderboards is sort of irrelevant, maybe even a bit dumb. We’ve derailed from the point of playing for fun, customization, and leaned more towards the narrow minded concept known as the META. While Diablo III is still fun in my opinion, I still say it just wasn’t meant for that direction. People rely way too much on it rather than thinking up something on their own, while it’s true the game is forced to be more so in that aspect, doesn’t necessarily mean we have to morph ourselves into it, a position can definitely show hard work, but there is many different ways to represent that, whether it be finding the gear you have, your paragon levels, your playtime, your achievements, etc.

I can understand your struggle though as a fellow player, I have been in the console scene for years, I have dealt with issues on many different titles, some really aggressive situations (far worse than even Diablo III on the console), some just plain dumb, some that weren’t so bad but ended up annoying later on in time. For me personally, I don’t care if people cheat or hack, as long as it’s in an offline environment, people can do whatever they want, it’s the online part that I don’t like. One thing to note is, I also have a bit of experience on the other end as a cheat code developer too, no maybe not on the Switch, I am mostly working with older systems (not Xbox or PlayStation systems though, mostly Nintendo), however stuff like the Nintendo DS I do a lot of work for, my goal when making codes is purely to give a better, fun, maybe even different experience for those playing their games, I personally do it for fun, merely for offline usage of course. However even I know that some people out there will be scummy and use it someway they can against others, no matter how many times I tell people not to use my work online in an abusive way, and I know some innocent people will be impacted by it, people have used my own work against me in online matches too, however the thing is, why let it get to you, that’s what they want, you let them win when you fuss about it. You know you can’t do anything about it, I sure as heck couldn’t lol. The problem is sometimes in order to have something different, you end up risking some factors in the process, I risked some scummy individuals using my work online against others, sad case, but there is ways to manage it.

The risk Blizzard made when making the game playable offline on console versions, they made it easy for scummy individuals to abuse that privilege, one not even available on the PC version has. It’s not Blizzard’s fault, I can’t blame the main companies of the consoles either, it’s really the hackers fault for the abusive behavior they have. We can do the best we can to stop them with updates and what not, but they find workarounds, it’s an inevitable process. The best we can do as fellow players, is not let their behavior rule over us, instead, just join a different match, or play with people you know won’t ruin the game. I like being able to play Diablo III without having to be online 24/7, and I like the fact that if one day Blizzard discontinues services for online functionality for Diablo III, sure the PC version would be completely dead, but I still have the console version because it has offline mode. There is pros and cons to all of this, in order to get something we have to give something.

Solutions:

• Leave the public group you are in if you spot a hacker and join a new one.
  • Join friends games.
  • Find people on Discord (there is literally a community of legitimate players) to play with.
  • Stop following a console board and follow a more reliable board (PC version) if you really want to play by the boards.

Conclusion:
I understand how you feel, Blizzard understands how you feel, other people also understand how you feel. It’s not your fault that hackers/cheaters exist, no you shouldn’t have to put up with it, but instead of fussing about it and letting them win, why not just find other alternatives to get to the same results?

Look on the bright side, hackers don’t follow you 24/7, so your experience isn’t completely destroyed.

4 Likes

sadly…between the mods, hackers and cheaters…Diablo III has been infected across all platforms and tarnished for legit players; HC & SC alike. It’s in a state where it’s not fixable that for the most part has hurt the game and players…

I posted a link or at least the address of a video…Aris Exposes Diablo 3 Hackers On Switch Leaderboards…where right there you see their insane equipment & loadouts. It’s basically the Cheaters now trying to out-cheat each other…a very sad time for this or any other game.

We can only hope that Blizzard makes D4 tougher along with some of the harsh penalties like they deal out to cheaters on Overwatch where they’ve banned a lot. If they can do it there…they can do it here. It’s just D3 was made long, long ago not to mention those that made Switch really don’t care since the bulk of these cheaters on the boards are over in Asia which happened to be the bulk of cheaters banned in Overwatch….for now, play for yourself and say bye to The Leaderboards…

2 Likes

Why even play the game using the hacked items, I just don’t see how that’s fun honestly. I play primarily solo, the “competition” on the leaderboards promote META play. There are only a handful of builds one can use, and usually only 1-2 per class. But if you have a build you like to play, you can just challenge yourself to see how high a GR you can clear and forget the boards.

To a large degree, your spot on the leaderboards near the top comes down to time investment and a bit of luck getting the rift with the right maps, mobs, etc. You still have to know how to play your build for extreme pushing. But ultimately it comes down to who has the most time to push and gets lucky with the right GR IMO.

I’ll likely never challenge for the top because I hate the extreme pushing gameplay and I don’t have the time or the group to farm for 3-4k paragon.

No hacked gear on seadons ps4 or xbox. No botters either so quite a level playing field. Still some very hood clears early in season saw a 138 few days ago crusader and 130 barb. I play solo so fall vehind on paragon and gear but still a good experiance

1 Like

If were gonna talk about justice on console how about the Neph Glory issue… So many high solo GR pushes ive failed over the years cuz of that stupid mechanic.

Granted at this point sometimes it our fault for not watching our kill count, but sometimes it aint our fault… Sometimes its cuz of density, or our build its impossible to stop the kill streak unless we kill ourselves mid GR, or have to completly pass everything up and go to the next.

And if ur really pushing high sometimes u completely lose momentum when the Double D’s wear off and u lose too much progression… Whether i takes forever skipping everything, or after u revive it takes too long to get ur first 10 kills, or it takes too long teleporting to town and going to Festering Woods way point and getting some double d’s.

1 Like

Uummm… What are double D’s and neph

Nephalim Glory are tje yellow globes that drop and gives us Double Damage. Dont know if that mechanic is on Switch or not but it is on PS4/XB1.

Torments and Nephalim Rifts its not a problem but when ur pushing GR115+ it becomes a hassle.

i like double D’s…

3 Likes

As do we all… I even had some triple d’s for a brief time but i screwed that up lmao

1 Like

No doubt lol, I kinda just hate the whole concept of extreme pushing / fishing, I don’t think it’s very engaging at all. It seems like the NG mechanic is a holdover from the PS3/XBox 360 versions of vanilla used to compensate for the density differences and don’t really apply to the PS4/XB1 generation. The console version is just not a priority for them, that much is abundantly clear.

1 Like

Oh. So how exactly does neph glory work? Like how long do they last and stuff. Feel like I’m missing out on some pushing power… Sorry I’m new

Nephalim glory lasts 20 seconds per globe picked up. The maximum you can accumulate is 2 minutes (120 seconds). They come at kill streaks of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500, etc. After a while they don’t come fast enough to maintain, so you need to stop your kill streak and start it over to keep the double damage going. I usually try to end it when it gets past 200.

As said earlier it can be a real pain because you want to keep going. Plus the fact that they usually land behind you so you have to back up to pick them up. Just a real pain all around and why console players can rarely push the same levels of GR as the PC players.

That’s good to know. I’ll have to pay attention to them when I try to do 120+. And yeah sometimes it’s a pain to reset kill streaks

1 Like

The max is three minutes.

1 Like

Tell me more! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s getting beyond stupid. Gotta love how not even 5 mins into the season being launched you come across players that are already at paragon lvl 3k+

Stupid question but how do you see someones paragon on console leader boards

You can’t, it is not captured.

Only way is to be their friend on the console network.