Can everyone at least agree that the characters really need some work?

It’s free speech and being a decent human being that have at least some respect to let the people who gave money for your product have free speech.

Have you been around the forums lately? Because a lot of posts that do not involve any “sexist/misogynistic/racist” slurs get deleted and censored.

6 Likes

Free speech does not allow you to break the rules on a restricted plattform.
Nice try though.

1 Like

You don’t have free speech on a private platform in the US. They can set their rules and remove anyone who violates them. Just like people can set rules in their own homes.

Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can’t arrest you for what you say - usually political content. This was done because back in some countries talking about the King or leaders got you arrested and killed.

Private companies having rules and showing you the door is consequences. Stop breaking the rules you agreed to.

Google “XKCD Free Speech comic”. Private companies don’t have to put up with your nonsense, don’t have to host it, and can show you the door.

4 Likes

And if you read it, do not forget about the tooltip:

I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.

Yeah - I can’t post the link though because it breaks the language rules for the forum.

What rules did I break exactly, Miss Cheetah?

And don’t worry, I don’t want to participate in your little circlej**k here anyway. Blizzard are the ones losing in the end, not me or the other people who got censored.

6 Likes

I don’t think anybody is suggesting Blizzard is breaking the law. This is an ethics conversation.

1 Like

I think the simplest and most worldly recognized alternate option is to change nothing about the faces. Instead, add a transmog option for the headpiece of “brown bag.”

7 Likes

All of your other points I agree with mostly, but this one is a bit skewed eh?
The first thing you see when making an Amazon is the campfire circle and even in 2001 she was never as you described her.

6 Likes

This is also wrong or skewed, and a bit intellectually dishonest. It supposes that the individual or group citing free speech is not adding additional merit or content to their point regarding the subject at hand.

Conceding a point is also difficult when it’s obvious they’re actively defending it.

That’s one of the cleverest sayings I’ve read, as it’s designed to put the individual on the defensive instead of adding additional supporting arguments to their cause. A fine debate strategy, a terribly toxic presumption for civility.

You need to take the quote in the context of the comic it goes with. It is about people who go onto forums, blogs, websites, etc - break all the rules, the scream free speech when nobody wants them around anymore. No, it is not a rights violation to show someone the door.

I haven’t spoken up about any of these thread issues because honestly this is what I see happening:

1. Main thread gets derailed and locked.

2. Starts up a new thread but uses Blizzard or Blue in the title. Thread gets deleted.

3. Starts up a new thread but OP personally derails it by bringing up the pruned thread.

4. Starts up a new thread about a locked or moderated thread. Again.

5. Does every single thing but just start up a new thread without breaking forum rules.

6. Blames freedom of speech being squelched.

And here we are in this space. I don’t blame the mods, the rule breaking was endless.

So I agree and concur with everything that’s being done. They should just start a new thread about character models WITHOUT breaking the incredibly simple forum rules.

That being said, that saying still doesn’t work, even in heavily moderated circumstances. I don’t believe anyone defends a position by citing the freedom of speech, they are citing their right to defend their position.

Anyway, guys try starting a new thread without breaking the rules. It may help.

1 Like

“Can everyone at least agree that the characters really need some work”

YES, YES, GOD, YES!
Ugly and non canonical characters in D2R - it’s the ONLY ONE problem on today!

And I absolutely don’t understand why the developers had to piss off the fans with this nonsense? So that we don’t forget about the game and discuss it??? All right! It’s worked! Your ugly characters are discussed every day, you happy?! Now make them normal design, in the spirit of D2LOD, so that later we will not regret about money spent on this REMASTER!

21 Likes

Bruh. You don’t even know what happened and yet here you are commenting. None of the points or rules above were broken and my posts were disappearing. The only thing I was commenting on was the models and I did not use any slurs or derail the thread. I only started talking about free speech and censor when they actually censored me. Kapish?

5 Likes

Lets for a moment keep away the fact the models resemble the legacy D2 chars:
they look amazingly good and perfectly detailed, and probably tremendous amount of work had already been put into these models! so lets give big credits for that to the developers, regarding the looks of the models itself: VV freaking nailed it.
Now that beeing said:
In my opinion all the models need rework, some more, some less. And thats really simply because they dont look even close to their previous versions.
Besides amazon and assassin for me the barb also needs to be changed alot. I had in mind the barbarians were a special race with a special culture. The new barb looks like a modern retired US wrestler who stopped weightlifting 10 years ago.
Probably we really should need to go more into comic stlye for all the characters. Photorealistic humen just dont fit into the world of D2. Its my opinion

6 Likes

I honestly haven’t read a single “models” thread that didn’t self destruct in any number of extremely obvious ways, with a few individuals being more at fault than others.

Sorry you’re having a rough time. I’m in your corner on the models.

1 Like

That was your first mistake pal… That doesnt exist here. KAPISH?

Isnt that Blizzard (Souths) Trademark?

Diablo 1/2 was designed by Blizzard North. I dont think they were hyperrealistic or whatever the term of that artstyle is.

Art style is fine I think - the characters just need to take a 5-minute dip in the Lazarus Pits or drink a glass of Fountain of Youth juice so they can lose 15-20 years. That is literally all that’s required. If artists just made em more youthful, itd be much more like Diablo 2.

17 Likes

I am not sure whether that would be a good idea.

The substance that fills each pit is a chemical blend of unknown composition, seemingly originating from somewhere within the Earth’s crust. For an unknown reason, it bubbles to the surface only at certain key points around the globe, typically at the junction of ley lines. The chemicals can rejuvenate the sick and the dying (and even the technically deceased as long as they have not yet truly died), but will typically kill a healthy user. In addition, it appears to act as a youth restorative sometimes, decreasing the age of a user depending how long they were in the pit, and in many cases, resurrect the dead.

But maybe you will get some strange ritualistic character in D4. My bet for the next character class is still some kind of reformed cultist (like an anti-paladin).