Called It: Fun Police Cry for DH Nerfs

Was only part of the statement. There are enough people who fight for no reason that they are making it harder for those with reason.

Can you give me a specific example? I think that would help me better understand your point.

Nope. I’m starting to realize that posting anything on this site is just a bullseye on my back.

…actually, there’s your example. Since I started posting here, there has been at least one person arbitrarily challenging every letter typed on this keyboard. Not for or against any point, but specifically to automatically and pointlessly shoot down every thing said.

And they’re everywhere.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mean that literally, as in someone has been making real-life threats. If so, please report it to Blizzard and your local police.

I’m sorry you’ve had that experience, but if you’re talking about combative discourse, well, it helps to be more specific. :man_shrugging:t6:

Edit: I don’t mean to imply that you’ve been combative. My above posts are mainly refuting the notion that seems to float around in many threads, namely that just because someone has an opinion, that opinion is valid and should be taken seriously.

Well I guess that all depends on how easily one is mentally and emotionally manipulated.

Wow if you spend some time and think about it deepily and put them all in order you will figure it out I am sure.

But either way no one is perfect. So its only natural to have been toxic at one time or another.

But think what ever you like. It is your right.

This is more entertaining than the Presidential race…

Or we can call them knights of the balance table.

3 Likes

Defentily more so then the game is these days lol. Its the only reason to come here. With all teams using something else to talk to each other. We all come here for the lols. Nothing else.

just remember that ‘hate speech’ is just free speech that doesn’t agree with the current thought police.

3 Likes

This is false. Hate speech is speech that professes hatred toward a specific group or groups of people, often based on race, sexuality, or religion (to name a few). Hate speech often encourages violence or discrimination toward targeted groups of people.

Hate speech is categorically not speech that simply disagrees with a majority opinion. Saying otherwise isn’t just ignorant–it’s deliberately misleading.

1 Like

That is the fact of it. The opinion of it varies wildly from person to person, and many of them can’t tell the difference between the two. This is where we run into problems.

I remember a time when you could say something on the internet and not instantly have 400 people trying to bully you into retracting the statement. Disagreeing with someone is a crime against humanity, nowadays. You can’t even say what you had for dinner without a flame war.

The thing that really knocks the cheese of my cracker is how most people I’ve met demand to be heard, and their beliefs to be respected, but the instant you try the exact same thing…you’re instantly labeled a bigot, anti-vaxxer, etc, etc, whatever term they try to shoehorn you into. Doesn’t have to be true, accurate, whatever…it’s just whatever weapon they reach for.

There are legitimate hate groups out there that need to be challenged on every front, but people who are only voicing their own personal beliefs or life choices are getting grouped in right along with them. No one seems capable of taking the time to distinguish between the two.

Im kinda lost here if this nerf call is being done by the same person as with lamentation nerf?

This may go down as the term of the year.

He shall now be known as Queen Karen.

And it was hilarious, Queen Karen showed up posting all kinds of tables and making completely irrelevant comments, and pretty much got ignored by everyone. It was beautiful to watch.

But as for DH’s, it’s really sad to see them copping the same rubbish.

Although it kind of puts into perspective how ridiculous the arguments against Barb were, when Barb still hasn’t cleared 150, yet the same suspects are still complaining that Barb is OP :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

^ predictably spoken as an example of the truly intolerant, who will take it upon themselves to define what is and what is not appropriate. required uniformity of thought and reflexive labeling is a problem, feeding the mechanism to perpetuating the false narrative of victim-hood. sorry free, no amount of leftist bullying will disguise the intolerance of the mob.

3 Likes

No my dear that is not what hate speech is. If that is what you think then you have my pity.

You don’t get to define what words mean, and it’s not “leftist bullying” to look something up in a dictionary.

I love it. Bunch of them milling about lately, asking to speak to the devs about “Should these Demon Hunters do 150 and use the pool? Do they have any ID?”

Right? Once upon a time, the Karen Squad kept saying it was all about “balance” and how that was the Golden Path to fun. I guess DHs who are enjoying their strong new set must not be having fun, right? I guess a DH who can clear 145+ somehow makes the game less fun for Barbs? Utter rubbish. Their MO has always been about trolling and bending the terms “balance” and “fun” to fit their vision for the game.

1 Like

Bingo.

It’s the same general Karen Squad complaining about nothing. Considering what’s going on in the world, you would think they have something more important to occupy their time.

1 Like

This is a hyper generlization. Generally speaking, being anti vax isn’t a benign belief, but something that has demonstrated an actual harm to society. That garbage can be deplatformed all day, and should be.

That said, these forums are cancer. There are even people in this thread who shout down things like the idea of a SSF mode. I can provide a bunch of data, and I did, to support the idea, but they will just concern troll you and spam report you just in case something infringes on the rules.

There are some people here (Meteorblade) you just want D3 to be a worse game, it’s boggling. Meanwhile, people out here like Free who have dedicated who knows how long trying to do the work of devs and improve things. The fact that D4 feedback takes place on D3 forums should be an insanely good idea, but I think it might actually be the worst idea ever because of idiots who want to keep d3 trash. I hope people like Free rise to the top of those discussions instead of people like meteorblade.

You missed my point entirely, which is more proof of statements I’ve made on other threads. They’re not relevant here, so I won’t go into detail there.

Instead of catching on to the point that disagreeing with people who say stronger drug testing guidelines are not necessary before release is being weaponized against others to falsely label them as anti-vaxxers, you seem pretty eager to jump on the irrelevant (and never-stated or claimed) statement that anti-vax itself should be encouraged or allowed to go unchallenged.

Another example might be the current run of roadside drug tests in Michigan, which have been proven to produce false positives days after the substance is used. Pointing that out to a person of the same type as described above would immediately cause them to label me a stoner who does nothing but get high all day, despite 1) Having absolutely zero reason to believe that, as they know nothing about me or how I live, and 2) Having zero support against the false positives argument and making no attempt to debunk it with any kind of facts whatsoever.

The entire point behind that post was to point out that there are people who will attempt to make a term fit you, even when they know it doesn’t. Intentionally missing the point should be an Olympic sport.

Disagreeing with how to handle something does not instantly make you against that thing, and cannot possibly equate to some kind of automatic hatred. Every second spent on attacking the people who only disagree is a second stolen from a just and righteous defense against the people we know are conducting themselves with objectively hateful acts and policies. It is just as ignorant a belief, it is just as damaging to society, and it deserves to be given a brick-wall defense just as much.

As if you didn’t do it yourself. You know, people are allowed to have different visions for things. I do believe the crusader nerf was warranted, and I do believe DH should be nerfed next patch. I do believe barbs should be nerfed as well. Actually, I think crusaders should be nerfed even more - at least the ivory tower build.
If your vision of the game is “gr 150 for everybody”, mine is “140 for those worthy”. I guess nowadays, 140 is even doable for casuals like you, so 145 is a more reasonnable target for balancing. Not that I’m happy about it.

3 Likes