Called It: Fun Police Cry for DH Nerfs

Look at the criteria for obtaining and maintaining TL3. It’s got nothing to do with trust, and everything to do with participation. Months ago now, I went from TL3 to TL2 overnight, which coincided with a forum upgrade. I had received no system notifications at the time, so it wasn’t as a result of an infraction. I logged, and escalated tickets, without being told why.

Subsequent to that, it’s become moot due to a “holiday” so I’m prevented from ever re-obtaining it so I no longer bother to try and maintain thread/posts read and likes given.

Trouble is the criteria seems murky at best, but not really the point.

I got TL3 without even realising it. I gave it up intentionally running some tests in here, and because it basically wasn’t worth the effort to bother keeping it.

But you are a perfect example of how broken the TL system is.

It simply doesn’t work.

Nobody asked for a “new life” for this game. In addition, a nerf is much less than the implementation of a new set, or a new theme.

Nef a build is a simple Band-Aid, but buff several builds is not it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If 5 builds make 130 and we have a build that makes 150, wouldn’t it be easier to nerf the build that makes 150 to ~ 130?

According to the balance post, nerfs are now part of this game, and have even been implemented in some builds.

“Every build”? We’re talking about GoD …

Furthermore, that is part of their goal …

“” “Maintaining a cap, and even backing away from it a little, will allow us to focus on greater gameplay variety.” “”

These words above are from the Balance Blog. And as you can see, we’ve had a lot of nerfs over the past few seasons.

What you say there, has nothing to do with the meaning of my post …
I suggest going back a little and follow his beginning.

This is a direct quote from your previous post:

You must be a little confused there, “all builds”,is exactly what you typed. The GOD build is not even mentioned in your all build post. :upside_down_face:
This balancing, Nurf crap is driving everyone insane, in a 7+ year old game that was never balanced in the first place and if , a big fat if, they do even come close no one is going to be happy with that either. That my friend, is the nature of this game right from the beginning.
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

I am curious what you mean by this. What tests?

In a 7+ year old game that is broken at it’s core that generates no cash flow for blizzard bandaids are all you can hope for. D3 does not have the resources to hope for anything better. Expecting more will only lead to disappointment.

1 Like

Yep, it’s pretty amazing that we still get new sets, and even season themes (regardless of what you think of them) in and 8 year old game.

D3 RoS literaly gives me anxiety and is the only game I know of that punishes their players for being efficient and smart instead of rewarding them :man_facepalming:

By being smart I mean finding out the most effcient builds for clearing highiest GRs possible, not exploits and abusing them…

What a sad world we live in if we you can’t reach whatever goal we set for ourselfs, cause some salty players can’t stand anyone soloing GR140-150 with any build or unless we play the way we are told to…

That’s what you get when you ignore your playerbase suggestions and only listen to the “nerf bandwagon”, because you’re not allowed to solo 150 GR:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Um no. That’s what you get when you base a game on a single core system, in this case the rmah, and then remove it without rebuilding the way the game operates. Then compound it with stupid high power creep caused by horrible/non-existent testing on new gear and skill changes before they hit live and you end up here. The whole nerf everything to the ground because I just want to watch the world burn isn’t new and really can’t be blaimed for the current state of the game. That :poop: fully rests on the shoulders of the devs that made those choices and are no longer associated with blizzard.

The reason for the “stupid high power creep” is having trash mobs with BILLIONS of HP and Guardians with hundrets of billions HP

Lower it to 50m HP max on trash mobs, 75m HP for elites and 100m HP max for guardians on 150 GR and than you can easily balance all items without ridiculous high buffs like 10,000-75,000%.

Honestly even if trash mobs had 500m HP, Elites 1B HP, and guardians 2B HP on 150 GR it still would be much easier to balance all class sets and legendaries and just allow players to solo gr 150 with whatever build they desire…

There’s no sense at all in forbiding us to solo 150 GR. It’s like not letting anyone to level up to 99 playing solo in D2 LoD on CBNET…

1 Like

Um also no. The power creep stems from the sudden loss of the major way to get items aka the rmah. The game was designed for players to utilize that for filling in gaps in gear. With that gone blizzard had to find another route to get gear to players. But they went way to far with raining legendaries and making sets the be all end all of gearing options. Then they implemented smart drops. Now if they would have done smart loot first we would have been better off but live and learn.

Um also no. Just because legendaries rain from the sky, doesn’t mean they’re all usefull. In fact all normal legendaries and set items are instant Forgotten Souls. They’re only good at the beginning of the season until you find ancients or primals with rolls that you need and that still takes time, even though “legs rain from the sky”.

Without “real” trading it was an obvious choice that legendaries will end more available for us, cause no one wants to spend hundrets of hours farming for specific items anymore.

We get so much power creep especially for class sets and supporting items, so we can actually be able to clear highier GRs. I know that it hurts all other legendaries, but that’s how it is when you have to deal with monster having billions of HP to kill.

Without the constant power creep no one would even dream of clearing a 130 GR yet alone 150 GR. Say what you want, but unless they lower the scalling of monsters HP in GRs we will get more power creep with each season and than some people will come to the forums cry about some build being too OP and ask for nerfs, which won’t change anything anyway, cause in next season another class gets an OP build and the cycle will continue…

1 Like

Ok blame what you wish it’s no skin off my hide. Mob hp has no impact on power creep that just makes no sense. Lowering mob hp will have no impact on power creep. The only effect it will have is alerting players clearing 120 to suddenly clear 140 with no change in gear or skill. How does that stop or prevent power creep?

1 Like

The Auction House closed before the release of Reaper of Souls. It is incredibly unlikely to have caused the power creep that we have seen thereafter as the level cap was raised to 70 and new gear was released.

I think it is fine that all players can not solo clear GR 150. Moreover, no player in the entire world soloed GR 150 in non-season prior to Era 12 crusaders (patch 2.6.7).

I maintain that it is perfectly acceptable if multiplayer teams clear 150 more easily or efficiently than solo, but that a specific effort to deliberately make solo 150 mathematically impossible is cheating the players. I see it as a deliberate attempt to force multiplayer. Some players simply do not wish to interact with others, and after seeing how much bickering and mud-slinging goes on here…I don’t blame them.

Make it hard as hell to achieve, sure. Make solo-clearing 150 the hardest thing in the game to do. I’m fine with that. Just don’t make it literally impossible. That’s moving the goalposts.

1 Like

just not. here are customers who could also buy d4. that is an investment in the future. and honestly, how much is this waste from 7-8 years worth? that can easily be programmed by two or three people in very few months (or even in one ?!). the effort is a joke!
so who should buy the d4? especially when everything looks like gray / mold green there and gameplay is so lame? I can’t even watch 1 video from 2019. i want to sleep right away.
if they reveal end-content, it will surely be even better joke than with d: immortal and 1st april. the guys don’t learn anything from their brutal mistakes.

D4 will likely sell very well. Blizzard is a lot of things (greedy, often shady, and unwilling to fess up when they’ve pandered to questionable foreign interests), but one thing they are not is bad at marketing. They’re incredibly good at making flashy products and moving them off shelves, digital or otherwise. Much of the ire and vitriol you see on these forums, the posts from long-time Diablo die-hards who claim they’ll never buy D4 because of this or that, represents a very vocal minority, one that is incredibly unlikely to account for the even a fraction of the game’s potential sales.

That said, I have no interest in buying Diablo 4 unless the game starts to look more appealing. I have no interest in playing a game akin to D2–slow, grindy, old-school ARPGs–and I have no interest in a game like D3. To be honest, I have almost no interest in ARPGs going forward. Games that hook you with the thrill of pulling the slot in the hopes of getting an incrementally better new toy have long lost their luster for me.

Wondering if anyone else feels the same?

2 Likes

There are at least some who do, Free.

Side Note: Your argument sounds very similar to the “Freemium” episode of South Park. Using the fundamentals of addiction to manipulate players in order to separate them from their money sounds very possible for the new Blizzard. I remember a time when it wouldn’t have fit them. That time has passed.

But…I guess that’s just the way gaming is going now. People just give up and accept it as unavoidable when they should realize that they can force game companies to change their policies by refusing to buy their products.

I plan on buying D4 (and Bethesda’s next Elder Scrolls game). I think that you have to weigh personally whether or not you want to contribute financially to Blizzard, directly or indirectly, and the quality of the purchase. A direct contribution is buying their products, while indirect are things that are reported to investors such as MAU and player engagement.

As you have stated, you now enjoy Doom far more. Player’s preferences change and it is ok.

Personally, I still like playing D3; however, I view D3 as a game to play with half focus while doing something else such as watching TV and some stretches of game focus (e.g., GR pushing). This season I just passed paragon 1000.

1 Like

I will buy and play d4 if only for the lore and story and nothing more. I absolutely love the story behind the Diablo franchise. After clearing the story continuing to play will be dependent on the game play.