Calamity and Momentum

So there’s a bug it seems where Calamity hand crossbow doesn’t proc Momentum stacks if it hits an enemy, if you shoot in the air as latest patch updated you will get a stack but not if it hits an enemy.

6 Likes

I have noticed this bug, too (as have several people based on discussion in General chat). Additionally, I see when I do hit an enemy, Momentum will only begin stacking again once it has ticked down one tick. So, if Momentum is at 12 and I am hitting an enemy, it won’t begin stacking again until it ticks down to 11, then it begins stacking normally. This has only occurred when using Calamity (I use it in the cube).
Edit - I just ran another GR to check (I didn’t notice prior) on the starting from 0 stacks issue, and I see that as well. It takes a number of hits on enemies to begin stacking Momentum when starting from 0 stacks, but shooting into the air stacks as expected.

I can confirm this.
When I switched from Echoing Fury to Calamity in the cube I noticed that I didn’t gain any momentum stacks no mather how much I attacked an enemy, but shooting into nothingness still gave me stacks. However in my case compared to Darkokorin above me, my stacks ticked down to 0 and I could shoot a primary in the face of my enemy with 0 stacks of momentum and still not gain any stacks.

Important information to add here is that I DO gain stacks the first time I hit an enemy (an enemy unaffected by Marked for Death).

Previous vanila calamity is ok.

I’ve had this issue too. Did not know it was the Calamity interaction causing it. It definitely caused a couple deaths in testing as I’d have to either full clear an area or fire point blank into a wall to get momentum back.

i have the same bug, when i use Calamity and Marked for Death (Mortal enemy rune). I attack the enemy with primary skill, but Momentum won’t stack…

Came here to post this bug, but looks like I’m not the first.

Switched from Echoing Fury to Calamity in cube. Immediate problems with Momentum stacks. Not clear when Momentum buff would stack and would not, just noticed it often falling off even when standing and shooting HA. It definitely worked part of the time, even when firing at enemies.

Please fix.

1 Like

I have this problem too. It doesn’t matter if calamity is equipped or cubed, also it doesn’t matter if marked for death is on your skill bar or no-rune. Calamity somehow makes it to where when you manually hit things with your gen, it doesn’t gain stacks.

Me too. If i use calamity on the cubed, in many times I don´t get momentum stacks.