Bug/problem list for Devs: what to fix for D2R

What about the invencible merc bug in inner cloister? Will that be fixed? :thinking:

1 Like

Hello, I made big update and added together 32 new bugs to first post which i edited. Many of them I gathered from several different sources(even from users of this forum so big thanks to you guys). I hope moderators are able to notify the devs about this topic as it can help them to fix broken stuff. I would like to thank anyone participating in effort to inform about bugs in Diablo 2 which could be fixed. I would like to also say that some bugs might be already fixed by newer patches after 1.10 version but I think most of them is still present. Some bugs I wrote down are definitely not known by general public so its possible that you never experienced them. But that doesnt mean certain skills or other stuff is not bugged in the code itself.

I added these bugs (maybe some of them doesnt have proper names, i know, sorry for that :slight_smile:

Manaburn bug
Charge bug
Strafe/Fend bug
Druid Fury bug
Invisible Mercenary bug
Ethereal bugged armors
Deadly strike bug
Enhanced damage/+Max damage jewels Bug
Amazon Farcasting Bug
Charged strike skill exploit
Poison Vipers bug
Sound lag bug
Hirelings damage bug
Physic hammer bugs
Sand Leapers bug
Conversion skill bug
Inferno skill bug
Day/night cycles bug
Will’O’Wisps bug
Arcane Tower and Desert Turret bug
Courtyard/outer Cloister doors bug
Shifting corpse bug
Armageddon bug
Throwing mastery bug
Quantity bug
Holy bolt bug
Siege beast stomp bug
Assassin traps bug
Blade shield skill bug
Str/dex Items bug
Open grave bug

1 Like

Another annoyance that needs fixed: Barbarian Whirlwind lock/red gear bug. When it happens, you are permanently stuck in this state, you can’t do anything except run around, die or leave the game. It doesn’t happen very often. The last time I created a frenzy/WW Barb, I got up to about level 50 before it happened.

You forgot to add the vanishing iron golem issue.

1 Like

Cool list of D2 features didn’t know half of them.

1 Like

I believe this is feature, not a bug. It is even mentioned at arreat summit under effects of skill:

FROM ARREAT SUMMIT

You cannot use potions or any inventory items while using Whirlwind.

No, that’s not what I meant. I mean that the red gear/lock persists after whirlwind stops. You’re standing there doing nothing, you can run around like normal, you just cant use any skills, move items, drink potions, cast town portal or anything. The only thing you can do is move around, die or leave the game.

1 Like

My reply is give it a rest.

If half of your “bugs” are fixed then the game is ruined.

You think taking away Babe Ruth’s alcoholism will make a Time Machine visit of one of his games better.
All you’re doing is ruining the moment.

Eth bugged armor is a part of the game that is beautiful.

The devs are not going to contact you because your list is not important.

I’ll bet you’re that guy in classic Diablo runs that screams at people that take the XP shrine.
“That’s my shrine!” Man those guys were such a pain in the butt!

1 Like

Or actualy fixed, not ruined.

That would be ‘your’ game.

Not the game of Diablo II.

1 Like

Most of the bugs is annoying and making skills working wrong, some abilities are broken because of it. Yes people would cry about few bugs fixed out of many bad ones which would make game better.

But dev team is already thinking about fixing some bugs, go watch MrLamaSC video after the blizzcon where he talkes about stuff he and other were asking, devs team is actualy thiinking about fixing bugs which create problems, but they might let some bugs stay because community like these bugs.

I am simply doing list of all known bugs, I am not doing any decisions. I am just trying to help to have it all together.

1 Like

I mean…when I was level 91-93 doing taxi runs in classic…it was really annoying seeing a level 80 taking xp shrines from chaos…lol!

God, I love classic.

3 Likes

I hear you, or how about the low lvl takes shrine and then gets close to large mob and loses it after 10 seconds, or dies.

I mean this guy thinks its important, really important to make a list of bugs to help Blizzard fix the game???

I see ppl as such as having a hand in ruining the game.

Classic is Great!
The community is smaller than LoD’s, but a good bunch of guys for most part.

2 Likes

This guy plays alot of Single Player.
He is not really my kind of D2 player.

D2 streamers are a funny bunch of guys.
Not real sexy!

I will stream the D2R alpha if I get in.
This will be a short time thing.

2 Likes

I would watch this stream. Let us know if you get in!

2 Likes

Thanks, I doubt I’ll get in but if I do I will make a post here during alpha/beta time!

2 Likes

Hi there, can you please talk about smite that hits 100% of time. That’s making the paladin overpowered again.
At least could it be blocked !?
tornado or war cry can be blocked !

So OP wants to nerf the Javazon and you want to nerf the Smiter.

Question:
Who is going to do Ubers and take down DClone?
And all the other possibilities will make this hours long to get it done.
As exciting as a great 7 or 8 man battle is, I don’t think it’s worth it.
Only one anni or torch.

1 Like

Another 24 bugs or problems to fix added to first post. 37 are new ones +

Mercernary bug in code
Immortal sand maggot eggs
Vultures bug
Items charges charges price
Telekinesis targeting bug
Taunt skill bugs
Exploding and poison potion shrine
Diablo AI problems
Duriel AI bug
Asassin trap damage dipley bug
Intentory exchange function
Item breaking bug
Last skill charge bug
Unbreakeable items
Socketed sets bug
Picking up gold in groups
Jerhyn wrong message line
Jamella opening inventory bug
Hireling damage bug
Hireling skill bug
Experience when being dead bug
Experience related bug
Items not dropping from kills
Accessible places outside of map

As stated before, some bugs might be already fix as I am looking for bugs on different places to put this together and some might be only in older versions. Also some stuff is related to problems in code so its kind of technical and only people who know how to mod diablo will udnerstand it.

That being said, I would like to react to few things from replies:

Thank you for reply, I will add this bug in next update

No thank, bugs should be fixed and game should work as it was intended. Not as you want it to work when its broken.

Its up to them, I only wrote down that option. I think its important to them if game will be fixed or not, because they will be releaseing remaster and I think they dont want to ship game with so many bugs as original game. I only talk about contancting me because I didnt want to describe glith here directly as many people would start using it.

I understand , but I am not trying to balance stuff here, this is only list of bugs and problems in game which is caused by problems in code. Smite skill is supposed to hit 100% of time. It is feature of skill.

I dont want to nerf amazon, Fixing the glitch i descibed has no effect on her damage at all so ther eis no nerf. Only exploit/glitch is being fixed which is cause skill being used as it was not intented, not to mention that there is hack outhere abusing it. Fixing it would render that hack useless but not anyhow affect normal usage of skill.

I’m sure it was already mentioned here, but facets need to be fixed to actually work with traps. They show a damage increase on the character sheet, but they currently don’t actually increase the damage or lower the enemy’s resistance.

Edit: yep just saw it in the list.

1 Like

Its not issue with facets. I dont think it was intended to be used for traps because traps are not missiles, they are basicly summoned monsters who shoot missiles so they cannot be affected by it. There is only bug with displaying your damage.