Bug/problem list for Devs: what to fix for D2R

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if they feel they should get rid of quest bug in general since this was fixed… guess we’ll see.

I think they ought to just make the quest drop standard. The drop rates are better, but not by much.

I mean there is the glitch quest drop, groups are going to do it anyway. Why not?

I would like to post this here. Its a progress or recording diablo 2 by great diablo 2 modder nefarius. If devs are watching forum, it can maybe help them as there is so much stuff whats wrong in the code and nefarius fixed incredibly amount of bugs.

ht tps://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=51604

For example one part from it :slight_smile:

BUILD 80108

8th Jan. 2008 (ca. 1500 lines of code added)

• Major improvements to combat events (see below, note 3)
  • Re-written skill functions for Vengeance, Strafe and GuidedArrow/BoneSpirit
  • Re-written skill functions for Lightning Strike (see note)
  • These functions are completely fubar in vanilla. They add the radius as ED% to the melee attack, have hardcoded lightning damage added to the melee attack and a strange target picking routine.
    ** With this update, all of the Amazon skill functions have been fully re-written, without the bugs.

*** Fixed the long time bug that allowed the player to move/attack/cast while dodging an attack, which resulted in a “walking in place” anim, other improvements done to uninterruptable skills, last-block-frame now also applies to DEA

1 Like

That is not a bug. It is one of the formulas. You could even upgrade it to the Elite version in Single Player or Ladder
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

2 Likes

I believe they intentionally left it on the single-player.

I’m very confused tbh, as I’ve found many threads confirming Andy bug still working on bnet as of 2 years ago…

And I could have sworn running Andy a few ladders ago… I can’t confirm until later tonight, I haven’t ran Andy on bnet on my current char.

Are you sure Andy bug doesn’t work on bnet?

I’ve tried bugging her in the past on bnet… I’d still get crap drops from her, sometimes nothing at all.

no stealing away my horadric tomahawk… u meany!!!

in reality though there are a bunch of bugs that actaully need fixing, iirc i made a post about them pretty early on

EDIT: OH LOL cruel found it for me

If you can’t bug her, I’ve been leaving games on bnet for no reason to bug her, lol.

I just never run her anymore, since most of my chars are pit-capable

i mean it is a bug, becuase it not supposed to use the hand axe upgrade table but the “staff” one, and it wasnt “intended” to work with that formula… but its fun showing players it, many new players dont know of it to this day. and it’s quite a good starting druid weapon XD even if the staff has better breakpoints, it wont dissapear from completing the quest and u can pick up another staff like normal.

so its kinda “useful”
although the act 3 flail is better imo

1 Like

Keep the stupid handaxe who cares. Not really a bug of consequence.

For others reading this thread, I have confirmed that perm-Andy Qbug is still working on the realms as of today.

It is possible that there was a different bug with andy, but as far as Quest bug- it still works.

2 Likes

Hmm, kill Andy, take portal, talk to Warriv, go east, save and quit. That’s what I did, still got crap drops afterwards. Maybe the game hates me. :man_shrugging:

Not really worried about it, I don’t run her much anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not about crap drops. If you get bolts or arrows, then you haven’t done it right, but other than that there’s really only one way to know for sure.

Run andy after questbugging her, then run her until you find a magical item.
If that magical item has double the normal durability for the item type-
Congratulations! you’ve Qbugged andy. :smiley:

Edit: Yeah I don’t run her much either…she can’t drop Arach’s or a bunch of other stuff I always want at reset so…I go pits or meph early.

Hmm, maybe that was a different variation of the bug then. Sorry for the mislead.

No bigs, there are a lot of nuances in this game. I think there is a separate bug that effects Andy’s TCs that was fixed, but that’s separate from Qbug…you weren’t really “wrong” just…a different bug was fixed.

Edited posts to reflect your findings. Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

Well I’ll be darned… I just ran Andy and checked a magic item, double durability, she’s bugged. I normally just talk to Warriv and go straight to act 2 anyway.

Hahah…I always do the same. That’s why I was so confused thinking “I know I don’t run andy much on bnet but I’m preeeeetty sure I did a bit”…

But yeah, I almost always bugged andy accidently even before I knew andy bug was a thing.

Edit: Duriel bugging is amazing too, but I use no cheats so it’s useless to me. For people with clairvoyance and know where duriel is every game, he’s the best place to farm facets if you need em.

If Andy drops gold then she is not bugged.

3 Likes