Bring back proper ultrawide support in D2 Resurrected

It was there in the Alpha, why would you add black bars in the beta? If pvp balance is your reason then I hate to break it to you but Diablo 2 was never about PVP. If you want to cater to the PVP players then add the black bars in PVP mode only. 32:9 and 21:9 were fully supported in the Alpha!

112 Likes

I would just like an answer so I can ask for my refund now if it’s not supported.

D2R is simply not a competitive game.

34 Likes

remove black bars for singleplayer, for multi It’s a big nono to enable widescreen, It gives too much advantage…

8 Likes

it should not matter in PVE even if its in multiplayer.

19 Likes

No they should not activate ultra wide screen support… it is game breaking with Diablo 2…

9 Likes

Oh how is it game breaking please inform us.

8 Likes

Read the forum and inform yourself…

4 Likes

even 16:9 is “game breaking”. do you even know what are you talking about? do you realize which format is 800x600?

7 Likes

Of course it’s not. What a silly thing to say.

Keep malding it wont change the facts.

1 Like

Yep. No ultrawide is a deal breaker. Either bring it back or clarify whether it was removed for the online beta for PVP reasons.

30 Likes

im sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. it does not break the game in any way otherwise multiple games of the same genre that were NOT made to support ultrawide at the time would be broken such as titan quest. Seeing more of the map would not break anything since the game still has fog of war. When it comes to PVP if you bothered reading the original post thats the only situation where ultrawide has an advantage so add black bars there ONLY.

4 Likes

I think they did the right thing. Ultrawide support will really change PvP.

4 Likes

Read the original post please before posting comments like that.

I did, but that’s not really possible as anyone could hostile you and then your game would revert to the PvP mode with black bars.

1 Like

Well, how about for the 2 people that actually PVP in the game they set a flag on servers. If this PVP flag is set then ultrawide won’t be allowed and everybody wins.

14 Likes

Exactly which would be easy to implement since hostile mode is a game state. Once the game session enters hostile mode implement black bars. By the way even with the black bars now people can click in them and activate spells and stuff.

2 Likes

I guess if you’d be fine with that, but my point was that people could just join your games and hostile you and you’d be forced into the PvP mode with black bars. Spells etc. shouldn’t be working in those areas though if the black bars are there, so that’s bad.

2 Likes

Diablo 2 is a very competitive game, if it wasn’t there would be no ladder, no bots, and no one selling anything. Skyrim is a non competitive game. All you are saying is you want a unfair advantage in multiplayer cause you have a monitor. I’m sure they will leave it in single player for you.

4 Likes

Compared to StarCraft it’s not competitive, compared even to WoW it’s not competitive, out of all blizz games it’s the least competitive with Diablo 3, sure some people are competitive on it, but that’s such a small part of the player base.

Anyhow I’d just like an answer so I can get my refund.

4 Likes