Bring back e-bugging armor

It was so much fun. I dont see it as a bug, its a feature.

16 Likes

Devs promised they would leave things like this in. There was absolutely zero benefit to removing ebug. It did make the itemization shallower though.

3 Likes

Ditto. Absolutely.

I almost refunded over this TBH. Was asking myself “If they are willing to change this while claiming its ONLY a remaster? What else are they willing to change?”

1 - i should be able to get a lot of enjoyment out of it before it rears its ugly head. it takes a long time to even get to the point of getting an ebugged armor and round up the needed runes for a fortitude
2 - it WAS such a small part of my game experience previously.
3 - it really WAS a bug initially

All I know though… I will be pretty livid if come launch… they only fixed WSG and ebugging and maybe a couple other old bugs while leaving MANY MANY from the long list.

1 Like

Eth armor can be found in hell cow level with 0 mf character. Doesn’t have to be fortitude, you can make other armors. After you find an eth armor you have to use tal thul ptopaz in cube and hope for 4 sokets. 50% of the time the eth armors end up with 1 soket lol and I end you junking the eth armor.

I thought the concept was cool, actually. An incentive to conduct a tailored treasure/scavenger hunt.

Only thing I can think of is devs are “tightening up” the game design, fixing known bugs - even if they’re popular (e.g. WSG). But, for all the popular bugs they’re fixing, they’re also fixing other errors like the the trapsin bug.

Looks like an effort to put the game design where it should have been initially - into a cohesive and coherent design.

If we’d never have known about WSG or ebug armor errors in the first place, we’d never miss them.

I guess I’m OK with overall improvements to gameplay, but I’m just hoping that for every “popular” bug they fix, they fix 10 unpopular bugs.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It’s a glitch that makes the game easier. It’s easy enough already. I wouldn’t care if it was gone.

7 Likes

1 - We have people that view glitches with disdain.
2 - Others who don’t care and don’t mind that it goes away.
3 - Many that don’t care that other people use it even if they don’t use it themselves
4 - Many who love using the glitch to gear up their merc with
5 - Many who will refund over something seemingly so insignificant to others

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when decisions were being made about whether to fix the ethbug or not.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a lot of different views there. There definitely needs to be a classic LoD realm for keeping this stuff in.

I would consider myself to be:

2/3/4

Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don’t. Couldn’t care less if it’s in the game or not.

That’s about where I am… 2/3/4 (although i didn’t mean for the list to be comprehensive… just to show there is a spectrum) but… if i had to choose 1 single label though… with difficulty i would choose 4.

Its such a small part of my experience but a sort of nice to have bonus or nice goal to meet. It added depth to the game for me that wouldn’t kill me to not have anymore.

Yeah. I would rather see them up the difficulty than remove bugs like this.

1 Like

How did “Eth bug” work?

more or less. Its an Eth armor… so useless for you unless it has a self repair ability… merc armor doesn’t get damaged so its perfect for mercs.

If you take an ethereal armor… ethereal gives a 50% bonus to defense… and add sockets to it using the prescribed method quoted above… it mistakenly adds ANOTHER 50% bonus to defense on top of the first one. So it gives insane amounts of defense… especially if you are lucky to end up with 4 sockets and turn it into a fortitude runeword which adds all kind of bonus defense

i would have preferred it to stay but since they have taken it out. i doubt it will effect me to badly, though i still think it sucks.

4 days 22 hours until we are free to kill demons as we please!

Go play singleplayer with char editor if you’re not able to play with legit def ffs.

6 Likes

This “bug” was not gamebreaking. It was simply a feature after being in the game so long. It was a great way to earn some runes - especially for the legit players.

3 Likes

You obviously play single player only or never had any decent items. Bugs were always part of diablo world. I used to have occulus stats in a ring. I had so many bugged items since diablo 1 and all through d2.

Yea it really made it far too easy for my merc. In the end you will have to spend some more potions into the merc or relocate yourself from time to time if he’s dying.

1 Like

Yes ocu soj. One of the good parts of 1.10 was fixing many those damn exploits.
It’s common sense in most communities that you don’t hack in online multiplayer. Or atleast shut up about it.
It’s really strange how D2 players not just admit bug abusing, hacking and cheating, but even criticising the devs for fixing bugs?
If it’s for me, you would get a perma bann for bug abusing alone…

2 Likes

No, we dont need it.

3 Likes

Lol who you think you are Diablo police? Do you represent the majority of players? You’re are joker, no one cares what you think

1 Like