Botters, are you scared?

You’re done, son. You won’t survive the season.

7 Likes

I remember reading posts like that back in D2.

14 Likes

and then a banwave hit and you had to buy a new copy and they’d announce they banned 30k cheaters and i’d laugh at you.

cheating is for losers, git gud

3 Likes

The quote doesn’t specify the exact time frame. But I suppose if they are to get rid of botters completely they have to include that software in their launcher and keep the launcher non-stop running while we play so it can inspect our files as per our new incoming agreement. This is all just a speculation of course, but I don’t see other way they kill botting.

uh, are you unfamiliar with Warden?

It inspects specific files, not all.

Btw if they really get rid of botting, a SSF mode in D4 will boom. It will be a real achievement to find all items yourself without bots and trading.

Good thing I wasn’t a botter! Was a nice thought that they did it but it certainly didn’t stop them.

it scans all running processes and ram

Yet there are ways to go around this and I suppose they need to adjust the ToS before they launch an upgraded Warden capable of detecting 100% of the stuff going on.

i am happily willing to accept that warden catches 30k cheaters using popular bot programs and missing the 10-15 people who are capable of programing undetectable bots themselves.

1 Like

You already allow them to do that. Warden has been around a long time. You might want to very very carefully read the EULA. They comply with appropriate privacy laws, but if something is detected that fits the definitions of cheat software, it does report back. Detecting is always the hard part though. Just like virus makers, the bot makers change the code constantly. That is why antivirus software needs new definitions all the time. Bot detection is not that different.

THUD…not a bot and works a bit differently.

3 Likes

What about non season? They see this warning, stop bottling, and get to keep their 10K paragons?

what do you mean? they get their account banned so no they dont keep their paragons. Warden is always running, botters are constantly flagged, it just depends on blizzard dev’s to pull the trigger and ban them, so a botter stopping after hearing this message is lol. Too late, you done, son.

Blizzard did not ban in non season for a long time.

Quotes from the other side:

i mean they used to ban season a lot, NS should be fine as usual last season they didnt ban season but that was an exception

I think it goes without saying if you use Bot for season then you’re inviting bad things to happen. If you don’t use it for season then you’re not rocking the boat

I highly doubt anyone cares. So they get banned. Big deal. Buy a new copy and bot again. It solves nothing.

5 Likes

almost going on 2 years, but it still doesnt mean those 10k paragon players arent flagged to be banned upon the next banwave, which looks to be soon according to the blue post.

Honestly, any smart company will pay attention to a game when a sequel is coming out. Look at borderlands 2, content right ahead of BL3.

Blizz will likely ban botters to show they are paying attention as they advertise D4.

More quotes from the other side:

personally i thought this was coming it makes sense to bluff about this, have a small wave this season or so to prove their point and then just absolutely cull the botting numbers just before diablo 4 comes out to drive sales but, its blizzard we never know

I very much doubt anyone outside maybe top 10 will be banned . 1000s of accounts will go untouched

1 Like

If they plan to do it like that again, better not do anything.