Bone Spirit RGK

Not sure if you guys enjoy different content but here is something I was working on for a while first with the Trag’Oul’s set and now with LOD.

Credit: Thanks to Xhunter helping me make this build possible.

11 Likes

NOt sure how it works, but it kinda looks like something broken?

nothing broken, just creative way of using the map to stack spellcasts within very short CoE window that would otherwise be impossible with any other spell.

1 Like

Check out the kill videos. I’ve added video samples of some kills at the end of the video.

One shotting a GR150 RG is not broken? Tell me more.

Its not broken, just precision and coordination. The amount of precision in execution is extremely high. To be able to hit from 450 yards, more than 3-4 screens away.

2 Likes

Well on a second thought it really depends on what your definition of ‘broken’ is. It feels OP, but it certainly isnt due to some kind of mechanics working the wrong way.

3 Likes

Galaxy Brain build

Has to be the most complicated thing I’ve seen

1 Like

Achilles, great vid guide, thanks for sharing.

He’s good at coordinating his strikes. He still has to do what other RGKs do: stack stricken. There is very little room for error, if he hits, it’s a 2 min kill, if he misses completely it’s 4 min best case. Same goes for missing CoE, misjudging the distance, or not enough bone spirits landing.

For all of the things that could go wrong, the build requires player skill and map knowledge to function, the outcome is mostly binary, assuming the boss is in the correct location.

Should it be tuned? Is a 2 min kill fair compared to other RGKs? It seem to have good boss compatibility, the maps/lanes might have some fishiness. I can see the devs keeping it more potent than traditional RGKs, but this is more than double the power of a melee RGK in good conditions, is that correct?

Achilles, you said the build as the hardest hitter and showed us a glorious footage of one shotting GR150 bosses. You’re now being greeted by skepticism of it’s validity from a balance standpoint.

To help everyone understand the reality of this build:

• On average, what is the percentage that you hit the boss from 450 yards?
  • How often do you miss CoE, enough bone spirits, and distance?
  • What do those percentages look like for a new Bone Spirit player?
  • How long does it take a person to increase their success rate?
  • If a casual player does this build from a shorter range, 50-100 yards, what level can they one shot an RGK?
2 Likes

Yeah I should have said OP, you are right. It does seem a bit OP though :stuck_out_tongue:
Not sure it was the intention of Blizzard to have their max GR rift guardian to be one shotted. Even it is very well executed by Achilles in his vid…

Outliers like this are never an intention, always an oversight from the balance team. Which isnt really surprising considering the number of players that do the theorycrafting and build testing vs the amount of resources a development team can realistically dedicate to balancing.

Im curious about one thing : if it can be measured, how big the overkill damage is on a 150 RG. Since this is a one-shot build, if the overkill isnt much, then someone with substantially lower paragon would require 2, maybe even 3 rotations to do the same amount of damage, which - potentially - might make this build not viable on lower paragon (albeit I admit I dont have a slightest idea how it compares to other builds )

I am happy to shed light on some of the questions here I’ll do my best for the time being as it is 1:21 AM where I live.

1- There is no overkill here, it is just the pure damage of the bone spirit skill 4000% along side very big multipliers the likes of Defiler Cuisses 500%x30 (secs) = 15000.

2- landing everything on the desired COE cycle is not luck and can be measured precisely since bone spirits travel 15 yards per sec. However shooting straight needs a bit of practice where I attempt to explain that in the guide on how to shoot 45 degrees from your character.

3- For anyone with not perfect gear or lower paragon I suggest stacking more stricken and still go for a 1 shot since the setup is long and the shot alone is 30 secs.
I tried this in season and in hindsight with 2500 paragon you only need about 150 stricken stacks (1:20 min stacking with 1.92AS) to 1 shot a 145 boss.

I hope I answered some of the questions but I will be reading this thread again in the morning.

3 Likes

lol “how many do you see?” how can someone see stricken stacks? Play legit

2 Likes

If you make two attacks per second, and you’ve been hitting the boss for 60 seconds then, assuming no adds, you should have 120 stacks. It’s a bit of simple mental arithmetic.

2 Likes

There will be No bone spirit nerf before Halloween.

I’d like to see another class besides wiz and necro one shot a GR150 boss for a change, thanks. This just outlines how unbablanced the class skills are. No matter how difficult the exceution and skill necessary might be to achieve this, any other class will never achieve this with their current gear and skill set up, even with 20,000 paragon.

How is it a “1 shot” if you stack Stricken first for 60 seconds?

1 Like

I doubt that. They do intense testing before deciding numbers and finalizing them. Both developers and Q&A team participate at such fine tuning so I don’t think that’s a massive oversight. They could easily hard cap it when subject is such high stacking multipliers but they didn’t.

did u watch the video? he kept asking who I assume was the barb, how many stacks he had. THUD is cheating even if ur only playing with someone else who uses it

1 Like

The planner is only at 2500 paragon and it’s doing 50+ Quadrillion per shot still…so yaaaa definitely not that paragon factored at all.