Bone Spirit RGK

They did hard cap it. The bone spirits de-spawn after 30 secs so the pants are capped at 15000%.

I refuse to believe you said that with a straight face, when history has always blatantly proved otherwise.

1 Like

Testing for quality is not the same as balance testing, and you can safely assume your average qualified QA on their team does not have the skills to pull such builds off, and certainly not the time and dedication needed to theorycraft one.

Especially if its the kind of build like reverse archon or this one, where interaction between skills and how the skills are used is not evident (the main point of this build as I see it is not that you use a ton of multipliers to boost the damage of one skill, its that you use map to have multiple casts stack; if you used the same set of skills and items the same way any normal person would, you wouldnt do nearly the same damage)

There are special “test” items under their hands for the purposes of testing the builds and balance. You’re thinking very narrow.

Their Q&A team surely lacking (MfD-Sever/frailty, melee-xbow DH and Krysbin exploits shown us) but developers are still math obsessed geeks that measure everything.

Yeah, I mean lower than that or a softcap with diminishing returns, hardcap was the wrong use of term on my part. 30 sec of stacking means it will gain a dmg multiplier so huge it will dwarf any buff you can think of.

having more than a decade of QA experience i know what a test setup is, im just saying theres difference between being able to spawn at the end of the 150 rift and try to kill RG, and being able to execute a build a player with 10k hours played says is hard to execute :slight_smile:

The more any item is tide up and restrained to a specific scenario the more streamline builds are going to be and i am so happy devs are not having that narrow view. For this item specifically they knew exactly what they are doing since outside of my build there is absolutely no way of stacking this item to 30 secs since it requires an absolutely empty 450 yards lane.

Every item is designed with a certain play-style in mind. Sometimes players make use of these items out of the circle of what devs thought it to be used then if the interaction is intended they do nothing but when it is not working as they intend it to work they balance either the interaction or the item.

Examples of this was how Krysbin’s sentence was interacting with other classes out side of Necromancer and it was fixed quickly. However in the case of Manald heal when it was redesigned the intention was wizard’s skills to proc it but players tried to use it on Hydra (pet) which resulted in development team to make the interaction happen after the PTR.

Sometimes new or redesigned items are outside of what was in their mind upon the release and even the interaction is not intended but they either leave it as it is or balance it lenient on how the player base use them AKA Spirit barrage LON.

1 Like

Let me doubt that.

What even are you trying to imply? Are they aiming for 10k hours required player builds? Do developers don’t have 10k hours on a game they developed? Or… Do developers incapable of creating test chambers resembling Greater Rift layouts, despite they can hack in-game items?

The exact thing I’ve said.

Its not about being able to create the test chamber, its both being able to come up with a build (which on our end is very often a collective effort of community, and you cant bank on a single QA guy to do it on their own) and being able to execute it properly, which might be hard for a player with 10k hours of experience, and understandibly harder for someone that does actual work instead of playing the game on high level for hours every day.

Refer to the infamous Challenge Rift people were having trouble to complete because it replicated a setup of one of the best DH players in the world. Replicating items and rift conditions is not the same as being able to play the build.

They have QA teams of 40 may be more people and a few developers to test it on their own. There’s not a single guy but a large Q&A team with developers who test different builds in a span of few days, may be weeks. You don’t make sense.

So developers are not capable of playing their own game that they developed for seven years? They are inaccurate at their measures and theorycrafting yet they design every bit of mechanics themselves? This would be hilarious if true. Seriously what have you witnessed in a decade?

Yes and no. They have experience, they have the tools, they have the time. They don’t have the numbers, they will always be a small team of 2-10-40 people, they will never have the results that you get when 25.000 players pummel your piece of code for weeks and months.
This is why we have PTR/Beta testing, because not only a QA team cannot test all possible scenarios, but they may be restrained by their own “box” of thinking.
To explain the latter, I will use one of my favorite jokes/tweets:

A QA engineer walks into a bar.
Orders a beer.
Orders 0 beers.
Orders 99999999999 beers.
Orders a lizard.
Orders -1 beers.
Orders a ueicbksjdhd.

First real customer walks in and asks where the bathroom is.
The bar bursts into flames, killing everyone.

Oh common, what’s wrong with doing 800+ quadrillion a second? :rofl:

In reality though, if you take that, divide by the set up time you come up with a more reasonably balanced number that’s probably not too far off thorns necro. So I don’t think the balance is as far off as players are assuming.

Obviously would be nice to get other classes in that RGK spot, in due time. Till then it’s just a highly skilled and timed thorns build which could be described as broken as well.

And I told you, this RGK-build is probably not a massive oversight or a “bug” on their side. A test chamber where they have minimum and maximum damage can be easily created to see both aspects of the situation. What’s so hard about it again?
Thinking 2 years passed since Necro pack is out and no changes have been made so far after loads of playtests, I can safely say this build was intended play. I only believe it’s an “oversight” when developers nerf this build by the words of a few people.

Thousands of people can pummel through the game to find exploits at the first release of a fresh new content patch. Those items and similar setups are in the game for so long, thinking that build is an oversight would be a massive stretch of imagination.

1 Like

How do you kill Crusader King and The Choker? They keep teleporting to me when I try it, so annoying.

What other challenges you face?

Crusader king can be interrupted when attempting to teleport. He points his finger towards the furthest player when trying to teleport which can be interrupted by the Zbarb charging him to stun. Choker can be done but it is very complicated so it is best to just leave on that boss.

I can see it now:
RG: “I got 1 billion trillion HP! You are not killing me this day!”
Achilles: “heads up!”
RG: “WTF! I am dead?”

1 Like

I’m giving this build a try off season and hoping to use it for group pushing in season 22 but struggling to stay alive during the rift. I’ve set it up per your video and have 20k base armor. Only tried GR120 with a GoD DH so far, no supports. Would supports be the only thing keeping me alive or am I missing something? I couldn’t even stack stricken without dying, good thing this build can blast a 120 RG without it

My friend the 4 man group provides IP/Sanc which gives you immunity to cc and allow you to wear stone gauntlet. that should solve your issue with survivability. You can also wear the new Razeth’s volition for more damage reduction.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. It’s definitely fun to play