Bnet DLL file missing

every time I restart and update Bnet client I get a ERROR… something about a DLL file being missing, and it says I need to reinstall bnet client. Anyone else getting this?

The same thing is happening to me and my wife. We were literally playing an hour before and got back on after dinner and the stupid dll error popped up.

Hi,

There is a topic on the BNet Tech Support forum here:

Have you tried to re-install BNet ?

==================================================================================

Edit - 16 Mar 2022, 11:30 AM EST

Blizzard has provided a reply on the Desktop App Tech Support forum; « developers have been alerted and are looking into fixes ». For details, see:

2 Likes

soo, the fix i found last night, you don’t need to uninstall the bnet client… just download the installer and it updates it with no issue.

1 Like

ok - let’s hope it stays fixed…

Good work !

also make sure bnet is closed! its a temp work around! hopefully the dev’s can fix this issue soon!

1 Like

Hi all,

New post by Blizzard on the Desktop App Tech Support forum:
From: [Main Thread] Can't launch the Battle.net App - DLL error - #35 - Desktop App Tech Support - Blizzard Forums

If you are affected by this issue, please follow the topic in the Desktop App Tech Support forum… that is where Blizzard is posting updates.

2 Likes

New post by Blizzard…

Just got word that the cause of this should be addressed. It does seem that it may not be a retroactive fix in that if there is bad files are remaining, they will need to be manually deleted. The idea is what was shared earlier.

Using file explorer, go to where the Battle.net application is installed. Typically thats: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net

Look for any Battle.net.##### folders here. The ##### is probably going to be 13360 in this case. Just delete those folders and then restart the Battle.net application. A reinstall should not be needed.

Blizzard will keep the topic open for now and monitor issues… post in that topic (not here) if you are running into that issue.

3 Likes

Thanks Boubou.

1 Like

I doubled check the bnet folder for those bad files and I think this is solved at this point in time! at least for me it is… thanks!

1 Like

well i just ran into this issue at the start of season 26 was able to play the first day of the season and on the 2nd day boom A Required DLL not found, tried everything from installing again the App to deleting to uninstalling, to checking all drivers, updating Visual C++, even reinstalled windows 7 to running SFC.exe to check for any corrupt files, and deleted all the old battle.net app files, i am only carrying the 13434 file even deleted all my blizz games and still the same error, Blizzard needs to really check into this.

@Grimriper99: Hi,

Although your error message is similar, your issue is different. It would have been preferable to start a new topic.

Several Windows 7 users have reported an issue with the Battle.Net Desktop App; one solution which worked for several players (but not all) is to install the Microsoft KB3004394 patch:

Please try that if you haven’t yet.

Good luck !

2 Likes

I have no idea who you are, but god bless you, I tried everything to get the damned client to run just so I can patch, nothing worked but this helped, thanks.

1 Like