[Main Thread] Can't launch the Battle.net App - DLL error

The client said to restart to install the latest update, when I did it constantly returned the error a required dll could not be found and something about downloading the software that is already installed.

What gives? What a terrible error message, give some actual details.

59 Likes

download the app again without deleting it

ı solved it that way

17 Likes

this worked - thanks!

8 Likes

I uninstalled the entire app with revo and reinstalled it from scratch, locating my game installs afterwards.

This did not work without a complete reinstall: Can't Launch Battle.net Desktop App Due to DLL Error - Blizzard Support

Neither did bnet cache clearing. I suspect they botched this patch hard and it uninstalls required files in the wrong order.

5 Likes

Yes, that worked for me, thank you for your response! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This worked for me as well. To clarify what he is saying for people who do not understand - download the battle.net client installation file, start it, and let it run. It will re download the files that the “update” supposedly messed up or deleted. For me, it took a minute or two and the process ran in the background while it was updating with a window not even popping up for a bit, so don’t give up if it seems like nothing is happening for awhile.

Thanks for the recommendation Super.

3 Likes

I kept getting this error. Even after reinstalling the launcher, making sure my games were set to be able to run as admins, it still isn’t working

8 Likes

I made sure to delete both programfiles and programdata of their battle.* and blizzard* folders before uninstalling with revo, then I could clean install anew.

1 Like

Same I had to reinstall. Then the update popped up again and it broke itself again. So I reinstalled again!

1 Like

didnt solved the issues buddy

4 Likes

WTF i have this same issue happening again!

happens any time I close and reopen bnet, this is complete garbo

6 Likes

Same issue. Reinstalling works till you quit the program and run it again.

5 Likes

Yeah, ridiculous…requiredextracharacters

2 Likes

when will this issuer be fix? can’t play any game while this issue is going on

7 Likes

Yeah i even tryed to completely uninstall Bnet and tryed to reinstall did not work at all
Roflmao

7 Likes

Getting this as well. A full reinstall did not solve it as the launcher updated itself again and I am back to the DLL error. Need help!

6 Likes

Yep same problem. I guess this is happening for everyone? If so, looking at Blizzard to issue a fix, asking everyone to redownload and reinstall is a bit much though.

2 Likes

I’m on my 3rd reinstall of the day…

It’s BUSTED, it updates itself in the background and forces me to restart the app before playing anything which then borks itself.

6 Likes

I have the same problem. Would be nice if we got a heads-up for eta of a fix!

2 Likes

just came here to check what’s going on, not gonna bother with it. i’m gonna use wow.exe, directly, until someone knowledgeable gets dragged in to fix this. this is second time, recently, something like this happens, they clearly have some new guys on it.