Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years

Coverage of the Blizzcon 2019 event:

https://www.diablofans.com/

:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon: :red_circle: :balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:
:balloon::balloon::balloon::red_circle: :fire: :fire: :fire: Blizzcon 2019 Countdown :fire: :fire: :fire: :red_circle::balloon::balloon::balloon:
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Mike Donais, a HS dev, said this in an interview yesterday:

Q: Can you spoil what you’ll be announcing at Blizzcon? We promise not to tell anyone.
A: Yeah, if you don't tell anyone. Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years. It is going to be amazing!

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6910-mike-donais-stream-q-a-potential-nerfs-leaked

The question is asked at 01:28:41.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/470020243?t=1h28m41s

Now, let me clear some things since I follow HS a lot: HS at Blizzcon is always the same since release - new expansion announcement, which is done 3 times per year and one of these is at Blizzcon aka nothing special. This year won’t be any different since there are no major plans for changes in HS.

Also, mentioning “10 years” brings a thought what was HS at Blizzcon before 10 years - well, nothing, since HS was launched 5 years ago.

This means Mike is not referring to HS when he says “Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years”. Could he be referring to a potential big announcement like D4? I think this is highly possible.

8 Likes

Dont get your hopes up yet, remember last year?
I want to believe it will be special but they said the same about previous ones.
With our luck they announce HS2 :confused:

21 Likes

I remember a video where “forges are burning hot” last year also. Don’t give any credit to what they say, it can be another PR stunt. Just wait until VT goodies are revealed for Blizzcon then you may have your daydream after that. He might be even referring to a playable demo for D:I for its release, don’t think he’s referring to the frustrated audience from a few words.

16 Likes

31 Likes

Only problem with that is Blizzcon has been around longer than 10 years
and he is a HS dev and anything he announces will be HS related

5 Likes

If you don’t follow HS, it is natural you don’t know Mike. He is quite a serious guy. When he says “best Blizzcon in 10 years” he means it. Comparing this to forges video is like comparing apples to non-apples.

I expect D4 will be announced, but it won’t be a top-down aRPG, which would be a skip for me. I don’t have high hopes to play D4, but it’s still interesting to see what a beast it will be and where the aRPG genre will go with it.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not like a whole bunch of people fell for Nevalistis’ bull last year…

16 Likes

So he’s not pulling another PR since he’s the serious “mobile” card game developer guy and not our own community manager. We can totally trust him and he doesn’t mean D:I gonna have a release this year but Diablo 4. We totally mastered reading between lines as a fanbase, I’m sure…
I have no idea what are you guys thinking. Mike joined Blizzard at '13, how could he have any idea about a decade ago? “Forges are burning hot” and “better than it has been in like 10 years” are same PR words which is all hot air.

Don’t try to start hype trains until you hear official word and clues from CMs or see the virtual ticket goodies.

19 Likes

Here we go again - another cycle of self-hyping based on “absolutely, totally, 100% credible” sources. All I’m saying is, remember last year…

23 Likes

“Remember Last Year”

Ya no, im passing on this and future blizzcons. I’ll read about it or watch highlights of it but going to it is not happening. After going to it for so many years, last years fiasco won’t have me waste any more on it.

The amount of hype that was built up last year led to one of the biggest blunders and slaps to the face of the hardcore diablo crowd. Even if they give info on D4, it won’t have the impact that it would of had due to last years mess.

8 Likes

If you are sure D4 won’t be announced this year, I am open to 1:1 bets. A man who stays behind his words is ready to bet on these at anytime. Otherwise it’s just trash talking, the same as forges you know…

1 Like

Why don’t you make a bet with Mike to have your answer?
I’m just telling you to wait instead of crashing another hype train. Obviously they’re planning to release D:I soon. The question is; will they allow D:I release to be shaded by another major announcement? Which I think not.

Have you bet for D4 release at Blizzcon’18 and lost it? Thinking you can make up for it this year?
What exactly gave you a clue for Diablo4 announce? Mobile application based ticket entrance to this year’s Blizzcon or mobile card game developer being serious by pulling their usual PR stunt?

4 Likes

Last Blizzcon left many of us, in a place where we matured in the way we look at and deal with the world.

‘Hype’, the word, goes into a untrusted and sorrowful place.

Online games, are fun and are something to do in free time.

Spending 5 to10k dollars to go visit Blizzcon is not going to ever happen for me, and that is fine!

4 Likes

They’re going to try to hype it up to ridiculous levels but I’m not budging until the official products are released and there has been ample time for game reviews. Look no further than Call of Duty: BO4. I don’t trust this company further than I can spit anymore.

6 Likes

But I do hope you are right OP. I really do, I would absolutely love D4 news, and it will be a insta pre-order.
Im just not sure it will not be the DI release :stuck_out_tongue:

Instant pre-order for me means:

• Classical top-down aRPG
  • Design not influenced by MTX
  • Better engine than D3

So, in other words, no instant pre-orders for me. If I play it, I’ll buy it days before launch.

3 Likes

In the years leading up to D3 being released and played that first night, there was a lot of information about the game being released regularly by Blizzard.

It was almost too much information.
We wanted the game and there was no info about that.

2 Likes

Of course it will be classic top down arpg, wtf else would it be…

1 Like

Why do you do this?

I mean, they thought last year was gonna be the greatest thing ever.

Do you have a pathological need to set yourself up for massive disappointments or something?

7 Likes

I expect Borderlands-like or MMO-camera view.