Blizzard these are REALISTIC barb changes that need to happen before patch goes live

First of all, I’ve only messed around with WW barb and the new Monk set.

(Before anyone complains about these changes; I will state that absolutely love barb and generally main barb almost every season) That being said, WW barb does need a SLIGHT nerf.

I would suggest changing Wrath of the Wastes,

• (2) Set: Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% 300% and its duration to 15 seconds.
    or
  • (4) Set: During Whirlwind and for 3 seconds after, you gain 50% damage reduction and your applied Rends deal triple double damage.

This would rein the build back in a bit so that 90% of the current population playing the game doesn’t pool towards barbarian during season 19 for bounty/paragon/keystone farming and allows other classes to farm as well. This would be fair to all of the other classes/builds in the game, as well as make picking your character for the current season more like a choice, rather than feeling like you HAVE to pick WW Barb if you want to do anything substantial.

This isn’t going to be a popular opinion among the barbarian community, but it is the fairest opinion.

4 Likes

I would suggest changing Wrath of the Wastes,

• (2) Set: Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% 300% and its duration to 15 seconds.
  • (4) Set: During Whirlwind and for 3 seconds after, you gain 50% damage reduction and your applied Rends deal triple double damage.

Okay, thats not a a SLIGHT nerf at all. Thats would absolutely kill the build.

Personaly I find it really ridiculous when barb class just get a little bit of power since they have been neglect for so long then SUDDENLY everyone and their mother start talking about fair and balanced.

Is this the patch that Blizz make everything balanced? No its not. This game never be balanced in the past and it will never be. And even If the barb get a little bit ahead of the others then so what? Its always Wiz, Nec and DH being the lead of the pack. Let barb have some love too.

Shame of you people just can’t let anyone have nice things even that doesn’t affect you at all.

I dont think PTR ww Barb is OP at all and need any kind of nerf. Please have some sense this time dev, dont let them push barb back to the mud again.

9 Likes

Not at all. thats about a 30% damage nerf at best.

I’ve been talking about “fair and balanced” for a long time. You OBVIOUSLY didn’t read the entire post though, only what you wanted to see. I’ve mained barb since seasons began, with the exception of like 3-4 seasons where I played with friends that wanted to play barb, so I switched it up. Barbs didn’t get “a little bit of power” WW barb got bumped from barely viable in T16 solo, to T16 being a laughable in 4 man groups. That takes some doing.

It’s not a “nice thing” to ruin the structure of the game for 1 class that you enjoy playing. I LOVE playing barb, but making barb an almost MANDATORY character for Season 19. Again, you didn’t read the entire post, because you said it “doesn’t affect me at all” which it clearly DOES because as a barb main, I can tell that the build is broken. No augments, sub 90 gem level, with 1 primal (chest) shouldn’t be clearing GR100 mindlessly…

It is 100% OP and to deny that, wouldn’t be for the health of the overall game. Which is what I want personally. A 30% nerf doesn’t “push barb back to the mud again” it puts them in a place where they’ll require hard work and dedication to clear a 130+

2 33% nerfs are a 30% nerf?

5 Likes

That nerf is too much. If you played barb and think that nerf is fair then you either stupid or trolling.

And dont assume that I didnt read entire of your post. Why be so sure about something you dont know? Oh Im sorry maybe that just who you are.

No augments, sub 90 gem level, with 1 primal (chest) shouldn’t be clearing GR100 mindlessly…

Can you give me more infomation of this clear? Keep in mid that with seasonal buff right now its very vague with the true power of any build.

WW barb got bumped from barely viable in T16 solo, to T16 being a laughable in 4 man groups. That takes some doing.

This is not true at all. WW barb in live sever can already speed run T16 easily. That to be said, current version of ww on the live sever is far diffrience to the PTR version. Like switch main damage to rend, doesnt required a lot of AD to deal damage anymore, which help easier to gear ect. But keep in mind this will also lower the clear celling of the build.

You claim to be barb main but I dont think you know much about barb at all. Please just shut up and let the people know what they talking about balancing the game.

What are you comparing the new WW set to guys? Wizard’s VyrChantodo? But VyrChantodo is not good for t16 speeds and bounties. Have you even played it? It is not that pleasant and easy gameplay. You need think about stacks and all.
WW barb now is a universal soldier . Jack of all trades. Can do every activity in D3 very efficienlty and in a brainless manner just pressing 1-2 buttons. With 2k+ para and lvl 100 kaldesans in your gear you can faceroll 120 GRs.
Never in the history of D3 there has been a set that is that good for everything. Monks for example need to farm ancient items for LoD build to be even less efficient than this WW barb. I’m for buffing barbs just not to that extent.

3 Likes

Chantos is fine for t16, you dont need to worry about stacks at all, just pop archon as soon as its up and one shot everything

Any of you people keep asking for rend nerf have seen R6 HOTA with the new weapon in action? I am guessing no but I have and its the same power if not stronger as Rend barb. Rend needs no nerf and it can not reach 144 like chantodo. R6 HOTA however is capable of 140-142.

Want something nerfed? Nerf bazooka wiz which is dominating the 4 man setup and its is not intended.

2 Likes

It is not optimal when you need do it fast that is why people look for ‘easy t16 wiz builds’ on the forums. Popping out and in archon is not something I’d say speed for t16. While ww barb can do that with eyes closed and one button pressed

3 Likes

Have you even played it? It is not that pleasant and easy gameplay. You need think about stacks and all

I dont think Vyr chantodo is that much more complex compare to WW barb. But I never understand that logic at all. So If the build is “hArd” to play then its okay to be OP and and vice versa? Why is this matter? Do you think thats ok for star pact wiz (#1 push build right now) to be that OP as long as its so hard for some people they have to use macro?

It is not optimal when you need do it fast that is why people look for ‘easy t16 wiz builds’ on the forums.

Its T16, why do you even care?
People play difference thing, just let them enjoy it. Duh.

Although I play bazooka wiz myself I was against it and using macros. I think it is stupid. But gearing bazooka properly at least is very time consuming if you want play 140+ GR fasts.

Barbs asked to be able to do some damage. And they required to be relevant in SOLO GRs. That is fine. They got OP tools for everything in game. People flamed me when I spoke about connection between 4 man meta and solo builds.

1 Like

So maybe lets leave the 500 kill streak angels as it is for Live ? :smiley: Let guys have fun with it and enjoy oneshotting RG @ 150.

1 Like

Overall damage nerf is ~30%

Too many people without knowledge of math or the game want the ptr barbs being nerfed.

Rediculous.

I don’t get it actually: Why are people so afraid of seeing barbs on the top? The outrage for overpowered wizards has not been the same. Barbs were not dealing enough damage for countless seasons. Looks like many people got used to it and don’t want to change the current class ranking.

And btw: I feel very, very, very pity for our WDs. There is only one thing that always was way worse than even barbs: Pet WDs.

5 Likes

You didn’t read the entirety of my post… you straight up said “it doesn’t affect you at all” when I stated that I’ve mained barb for almost every season… it 100% affects me… It’s not an assumption when its a fact :man_shrugging:

I didn’t test this on season PTR, so No augments, sub 90 gems, and 1 primal for my gear, with rest being ancients (except some well rolled jewelry) So with not getting the seasonal buff, and still decimating, yes… its OP.

That’s 100% true, it was BARELY clearing T16 without augments/primals/high gem levels prior to these buffs.

I know exactly what I’m talking about, you’re just mad because you want WW Barb to be OP and you’re attacking me for it. That’s not on me boo-boo… and People play T16 for bounty mats/GR keys/other mats… if you don’t understand WHY people play T16… you obviously don’t really play the game. I wish I could see your profile to see your time played on Barb tbh…

Each of those suggested nerfs are separately 33% damage reductions, or about 52% total. Where do you get 30%?

1 Like

I read it doesnt mean I believe it. And yes I main barb since vanilla, you can use d3 planner to see my profile like i just checked yours. Your WW barb is all over the place and not optimal for t16 at all. I dont think you can compare it like that.

You dont know about barb. I dont attacking you at all, just starting a fact. If you insist your nerf is right then please enlighten me how its 30% damage nerf.

@killvanth Considering it’s under maintenance… you’re lying :slight_smile: because I just tried to use it… I’m done replying to you, all you’re doing is throwing out accusations and lies. Goodbye now.

He has no reason to lie. And he does not. He is using another website to check your chars.

1 Like