Blizzard, reset challenge rift!

We can also easily say:

Blizzard has screwed up so many times on consoles and not fixed their screwups…players would surely have realized that:

-It is possible they will screw up again

-Knowing the date and knowing that date has not yet arrived, another screwup is the most likely explanation

-Knowing that no change to the start date has been released is more evidence that the early start is not intended

-Making use of any unintended mechanic will not get them a free pass

Pretty much all I see out of the above arguments is that two of the users on this forum are mad because I followed the rules. Can’t help you with that. I suspect neither will Blizzard.

I’m sorry that you won’t have your starting rifts. There’s always next time. /shrug

I don’t correct people’s spelling or grammar. No it was more than that. It was a pure unintentional pun in the wild. The poster knew what they wanted to say, but how it was spelled also created another meaning.

The word “pre” as in “before.” The word “madonna” only has a few common associations, none of which were particularly relevant to the topic.

You’re right: It isn’t particularly relevant.

A company makes it own rules and what the company says and does are two different things. It seems you are just here to troll although in your previous posts, you said you weren’t. That’s called being a hypocrite. Are you really done here or shall you fan more flames from your irrelevant perspective.

1 Like

I read your statements and clued in on these. Mistakes do stink, I do them all the time. I may vent on the board every now about them, but when the trolls come and basically are there just to throw salt in your wound how hard is it just to ignore them.

I did get a chuckle out of it, due to real life issues and the time you spent responding to these peeps compared to how long of a set back 1 cache makes at the start of a season.

Just in case the intent of this thread gets lost and someone from Blizzard happens to read up on it…

On Tuesday, November 17, console players were given the option to create Season 22 characters. Rather than saying “Season Ended” in the character selection screen, it stated “Season 22 in Progress”.

While I knew about the date of the 20th, this is my first time playing Diablo III on console. I thought maybe the date was different for console so I went ahead and claimed my weekly Challenge Rift cache with my newly created Season 22 character. I probably played for a few hours and then came back to play again, at which point, I continuously received the message “Season ending in 1 minute,” for about… 10 minutes.

It took some time, but my newly created Season 22 character was converted into a non-Seasonal character.

As a software engineer, I think it’s fair to say that there was an error on Blizzard’s part here to allow for people to create characters. Some people are claiming that people were trying to “exploit” the system by getting a head start on Season 22. That was not my own intent when I started the Season 22 character yesterday.

I also think it’s fair for Blizzard to reset the cache for the week for those of us that claimed the cache on a Season 22 character. While I’m seeing claims of “you know the date that it was announced, you should have waited,” let’s be honest here and say that’s an assumption.

The facts we know are that a software mechanism wrongly allowed people to start Season 22 and that people started playing a Season 22 character because it was offered.

At the end of the day, I would ask Blizzard’s dev team to [1] look into what happened as to avoid a timing mistake and [2] to be fair to the affected customers (possibly by resetting cache claims).

damn, and I was hoping to see more names come to the console section of the forums, but not if its the toxic PC players possibly… holy snap.

1 Like

Incorrect. This post you have written is clearly intended to be inflammatory, so it is you who is trolling. All I’ve done is make a statement about the nature of the error, what is likely to be done (or not done) about it, and why it might be unreasonable to be upset about it.

I’m not the one resorting to insults and comments about basements and gaming chairs, so maybe don’t play that card. Your comment is much more accurate for others than for me.

As for whether or not I’m done, I would very much like to be. However, some users keep coming back to try to light the fires again. I’m curious as to how you can say I’m fanning the flames when the original issue has been forgotten entirely, in favor of fruitlessly trying to turn this into some sort of personal war. I’m not the least bit interested in it.

We should probably stay on-topic. Once again, this thread is about whether or not the Challenge Rifts should be reinstated for players who attempted to make use of an unintended early start. It is not about slinging insults and trying to start a fight with me.

The former probably won’t have the desired result. The latter absolutely won’t.

I doubt it. If Blizzard can’t fix this, then it’s the straw that broke the camel’s back for me and it’s game over with regard to D3. Can’t say I’ll miss it. Every season I’m playing less and less, haven’t enjoyed it for 3 or 4 seasons now at least. There comes a time when you as a person need to simply stop doing something that pisses you off and makes you unhappy. That time has approached me.

the season was live. End of story. Anything else is irrelevant. Stop blaming the players and start blaming Blizzard - that’s entirely where the blame lies.

I’ve quit a few times, for various reasons. This last time, I was basically just more interested in Minecraft than the seasonal theme. Whatever the reason, I agree that, if you aren’t having fun, it may be time to hang it up.

My opinion has been stated. You will not be able to change it.

and your opinion is like asscracks.

Meaning that, while everyone has one, pretty much nobody wants to see it. Yes, that’s true.

It…doesn’t appear to have stopped anyone else, though.

So basically, there are 3 types of players here…

1. those that didn’t see the season start, but are criticising players who participated (and perhaps used their CR cache)
  2. those that saw the season start, played and didn’t use their CR cache (so no real issue)
  3. those that saw the season start, played and used their CR cache.

those in 3 are probably a minority, yet 1 and 2 are saying tough luck, no CR cache for you.

I wonder if those in groups 1 and 2 are using this as a method to eliminate players from the early competition so they can rise higher on the LBs. Ulterior motives and all…

Will Blizzard fix this? Not a chance in hell. Will they acknowledge it? nope. They made a screwup and if it’s one thing I’ve learnt about American companies is that you never admit to a screw up (let alone fix it). Apple is a prime example of this, but Blizzard, in reality, is no better imho.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Blizzard manned up and admitted to the screwup, and offered a public explanation, and apology, and then did a CR reset so that NO player is affected by this mess. But, I highly doubt that this will happen.

The balls in your court now Blizzard. Prove me wrong - prove that you read threads in the console section of the forums, prove that you can own up to the screwup and apology, and most importantly, fix the resultant mess from said screwup so that no player is disadvantage.

Added this to the main Season 22 thread. Maybe if enough people “Like” my reply on that thread, we may get some help.

1 Like

I actually don’t care much about the competition aspect. I know I’m probably not going to rank in the top 100, let alone the top 10. For me, it’s about getting as high as I can and congratulating myself on a personal best. There’s your minority, actually.

I was going to respond to your post in Console Players Matter, but the thread was so old I wasn’t sure it was worth it…or would even get read. It does seem like console players are almost universally shunned, both by Blizzard and by PC players. While I agree with that sentiment, that’s for another thread, so I won’t open that particular can of worms here.

If it matters, I will not oppose a CR reset if one is offered. I only meant that I don’t think it’s going to happen, and that they’re likely to see it as abusing an unintended access to the new season, whether that was the intent behind it or not; game companies tend to view any violation of rules -accidental or not- as a breach of ToS, and tend to act without regret or apology in response to it.

To be perfectly honest, I tend not to rely on CRs in the first place. I know that some other players do, and to such a degree that it feels like being cheated if they don’t get the reward. It’s happened to me before (not early season start, but still got cheated out of my CR reward), which is one contributing factor to why I don’t do them.

But this isn’t the only place where this kind of thing happens. It’s kind of suspicious when I get DCed just as I’m leveling gems after a GR, so I can’t get my gem levels or my closing GR experience. Pretty much only happens there, or as I’m about to complete a bounty. We can speculate and trade conspiracy theories on that all day long. At the end of the day, though…they’re not going to be bothered that much about some of their players losing out on something they should have had. It’s just not on their radar.

Things like this are exactly why I double and triple check that I’m doing everything correctly before I commit to anything. First thing I did was check to see if the start date had updated. Finding no information to that effect, I chose to wait, because I could not verify that the season was actually (for really-reals) live.

On the bright side…what those materials represent is a shot in the dark at maybe getting one item you can use. I don’t view it as a crippling setback as much as an annoyance. But, then again, I’m not everybody.

reply to filthieriches last post and ask why he doesn’t post console related issues in the console forum since we cannot give any details in general

PC or console? I’ve never had this happen in near 5 years playing on the PS4. I’ve had crashes yes, but they have been random. This past season, crashes were much improved, with only 2 happening. I had 10 or so the prior season…and that had been consistent for 4 or 5 seasons, at least for me, with my install and my PS4 unit.

but that’s not everyone. I do rank in the top 100…and I’m solo, so group players already get a massive head start on me as it stands due to the misbalancing issues with this game’s design.

No, I agree. And, from my perspective, that’s BAD customer service. VERY bad.

No gambling, no extracted power for the cube. As a DH player, that really hurts. BADLY. We have 2 items that can make our lives easier and that’s the 2 daggers. karleis is the less desired of the 2 as impale is very expensive to cast and hatred is an issuing during the journey to clvl 70. Of course, you can’t level up your blacksmith etc, so you can’t craft higher level items either. So, no clvl 70 weapon for you to try and get reduced level on as a secondary.

I’m guessing that upper management have told him not to waste time (and therefore money) on a small “niche” group of players. PS4 has around 350k players, XBOX is similar. That’s 700k. Even if PC has say, 2.5 million active players worldwide, we’re 25-30% of that, and that is not small or niche in my eyes. It’s a sizeable chunk of your player market.

But anyway, I’m arguing just for the fun of it now. Vent until I get banned.

Yes.

I did have quite a few DC issues with my PS4 until I hardwired it via ethernet cable to my router. I do get occasional lag, but apparently Sony’s service is much more stable than Blizzard’s servers for PC. So…on the subject of console players getting shut out…not always the case. I’ve actually been a console player for years and hadn’t touched my PC copy until a few months ago for that very reason.

I’ve made this argument before as well. Not everyone has access to a perfectly coordinated 4-man team. Not everyone has access to even three completely clueless people who just happen to agree to play together once a week. The toxic environment of the forums alone is enough to keep me playing solo. The only way I’d group up is with somebody I know personally, which…yeah, nobody I know plays, so I’m on my own as well.

The game brags about increased difficulty with multiple players, but in the current state of the game…if you have even two out of four players who have even a minor understanding of how to synergize together, that increased difficulty goes right out the window. Now consider these 4-man teams who resemble synchronized swimming much more than PC gaming. It’s a problem. I agree with you on that.

Speaking of…my other half is still trying to get her copy of the game running, and was just told that she doesn’t really have one. She’s holding the game disc and key in her hand and they just keep closing her tickets. Last I knew, she had to send them her ID for verification.

That’s not where it stops, either. Communication, balance issues, persistent bugs, bugs which keep coming back during season resets, failure to act on accounts which violate ToS while acting against accounts which haven’t… If Blizzard were under my employ, they’d have been fired ages ago. There’s a right and a wrong way to do this. Excuses, silence, and sweeping known issues under the rug? That’s not the right way to do it.

That doesn’t sound very productive. You do you, though.