Blizzard please don't overnerf Firebird's set

I suspect they are going to have to do more than just fix mirror images to get this right. Because even before that was found the build was still OP. People were doing 150’s with 6k paragon even without the legacy items, that some people used to buff the results.

Personally I dont like the New Firebird. Its Channeling - again.

Maybe the TP cd-reduction works for FB. What about the other sets? How do we get there some mobility?

When it comes to overnerfing:
Does anyone has the impression, that blizzard is able to nerf/buff in a specific way? For me it looks random. Just check out the WD changes from the last two patches.

Obviously they will need to adjust the set itself, but the point is that “oh look at this build UAAWUAUAAUWUAUWAUUA” is a non-issue and “needs more time in the oven” is basically the motto for any PTR, this is not a new failing on their part.

Firebirds isn’t mechanically broken in some way that requires extensive redesign to fix. Big numbar hit hard, need smaller numbar. You can flip a coin to guess whether it will be wildly over or undertuned.

I completely agree with you that FB needs a nerf - but I don’t think the nerf needs to be “into oblivion” lol.

And MI build has actually been around a while - Raxx just played it because people in chat got him to - China players were using it early PTR and ZD guys started pushing hard not long after Mar 4 update.

So my question to everyone would be how much should you nerf if a p3250 w/ augs and primals can run a GR150 with the MI build? Because that’s what happened in seasonal PTR.

Usually for the real season, turbo-grinders end up at, what, maybe 5000-6500 depending on if it’s SC or HC. So clearly FB needs a nerf since a p3250 just hit a GR150 but there’s a way to make the nerf at least somewhat accurate by nerf’ing an amount roughly equivalent to that power gap.

If they want to set the threshold of being able to run a GR150 around p5000 or something, then they just nerf that power gap spread between 3250 and 5000 for example. Rough I know, but it’s better than a dart board and it’s not “into oblivion”.

I didn’t say it NEEDED to be nerfed into oblivion. I’m just saying that it WILL BE nerfed into oblivion.

A lot actually because the standard is supposed to be p5000 with augs and gems for a GR 130.

Nope again it’s GR 130 with p5000.

I didn’t say the standard was “X” - that’s why I used the phrase “or something” and “for example”. The numbers are just examples to illustrate the point.

The point is that they can nerf that power gap, using real data, instead of overnerfing.

If history is our guide, I’m not sure that they are capable of that.

Dude’s basically left with an impossible choice now tbh.

Let FB go live anywhere close to what it is now, definitely make it #1 after just kicking two other classes in the wahoo - or err on the side of caution, move into s23 as a total nothingburger, and maybe buff it in S24 after a season of test data.

God forbid they extend the PTR and try to get all of the builds right, since NONE of them have a desired outcome yet. :thinking:

Dont want to sound too negative. But perhaps putting a dev that knows what the hell they are doing helps? I get that they cant put their best on the game since they are on others… But sometimes I get the feeling the janitor is doing some changes…

1 Like

What nerf?
This build still needs a buff.
7500% to 12000%. If dev thinks its OP then just nerf it back down to 7500% again.

At this point it’s not even clear that the team(?) currently handling D3 even sets the timetable for these things.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 3/10

Totally agree, mainly for the ‘‘Rat runs’’.

I’m not sure what the exact numbers need to be. Firebirds has to get nerfed. But hopefully like you said, just a few GR levels. Hopefully a couple thousand percent damage. It’s awesome how versatile the build is. And thats my fear. My fear is that because it can RGK, it can group DPS, bounties, t16, speed farming, XP meta… that they’re going to absolutely nuke this set. :confused: