Blizzard please don't overnerf Firebird's set

Firebird’s set is finally very fun and smooth to play, without any gimmicky mechanics and very versatile. It is also the strongest among Wizard sets as it should be.

Unfortunately I am afraid that you will nerf it too much and render it completely useless as you did for example with Typhoon set and its legendaries. After PTR it was the weakest among other classes new sets and almost no one played this set on high end.

Please do not make this mistake again and let all Wizards have fun. Finally there is a chance to replace “rat” runs with Firebird runs, the change which many players have been awaiting for a long time.

I think the most reasonable nerf is to lower 2 piece bonus from 7500% to 3500-4000% which will result in 4-5 GR tiers nerf. This should still make it better than “rat” runs and viable in high end play. Thank you.

21 Likes

I’m actually more excited to play this new wizard build than the new necromancer build. We finally have a build that revolves around spectral blade. Seriously, using it as the fire skill to proc that huge combustion damage looks amazing!

Maybe Blizzard will realize that their changes pushed everyone to use land of the dead on the necro, and they’ll revert back. Honestly they should just take out the bone spirit stuff altogether, but I suspect they won’t. Which means Rathma is just a bone spirit build.

5 Likes

Agree, FB looks like it may have good diversity, even more if we get tweaks to skills in future patches.

I don’t think Typhon’s was adjusted down too much, but I do think Hydra legendaries may have been.

Won’t comment on where FB needs to be, but I’ll add:

Please don’t adjust FB based on the legacy etched sigil clears. This is a separate issue for non seasonal.

9 Likes

I’m not a wiz player and switch since DH GoD nerf and having a blast on FB. Though I do not trust Blizzard. They over buff or over nerf. If they drop it to 4500-5000k The build should be just fine. And I’ll start as wiz for the first time in 15 seasons. If it doesn’t get the hammer. But I do believe they do need to buff GoD up just 6-8 Tiers. 14k para only doing 139 is bad. Crossing fingers for both FB Wiz, and a small buff to GoD set pierces.

3 Likes

So my hunch was right that legacy ES is effective? With Hydra pre-cast?

BLIZZARD PLEASE DON’T OVERNERF FIREBIRD’S SET

"We hear you!

• 2p now only ignites Demons
  • 4p stacks capped at 2
  • 6p Firebird reworked, now only deals damage to Ignited south-facing Undead"
17 Likes

If they completly miss the interaction between the first rework of FireBird and Tal Rasha it’s a good bet they’ll miss this to.

3 Likes

lol, they probably will stomp it into the ground :smiley:

Someone suggested that the devs should add a fat Disintegrate multiplier bonus to the FireBird 2p or 4p. The 2p would make sense in my mind. The Disintegrate multi would allow for a strong channeling build with Tal6/FB4, for diversity in speed runs, but not make it strong enough to compete in pushing and 4 man groups. The Disintegrate multi would not replace the existing 2p or create a reason to nerf the existing 2p.

I would like to see and amulet added to Firebird for greater gearing flexibility. The amulet should come with a socket and sane standard stat roll categoies.

I think it’s p clear they don’t want the damage to come from channeling skills so a Disintegrate multiplier wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

Well I’ve kept an original firebirds ancient set for years now maybe I’ll be able to use it again or maybe not…

Before 2.7.0 PTR no one likes Firebird and everyone hates playing with it.

2.7.0 PTR begins players having a blast with the 6 Tal and 4 Firebird piece combo clearing 140 GR with 1400 paragon…

Nerf cries intensifies…

2nd part of PTR begins…

Firebird is now almost the same as before PTR and playing with it is a pain again, but nah the nerf crowd isn’t satisfied enough

Let’s nerf it to the ground so it will be forgotten and completely useless like it was before PTR…

Sincerely your Nerf crowd

PTR ends…

Blizz responds…

Due to the massive feedback we got from players we came, to conclusion that the Firebird set isn’t in a place we want it to be and might STILL be too OVERPOWERED, so we decided to lower the 2 piece bonus from 7500% to 3500-4000% and desintegrate ignites monsters for only 2 seconds (instead until they die).

Aren’t You Thankful… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I can totally see this coming. lol

1 Like

Yes Hydra legendaries were nerfed from 600% to 300% (both Magistrate and Serpent Sparker), but only because Mammoth Hydra with LoD was overperforming, not Typhoon set. By nerfing Hydra legandaries they also indirectly nerfed Typhoon set, this was what I meant.

Even after nerfing those legendaries Mammoth Hydra with LoD was still much better than Typhoon, which shows how much Typhoon set was underpowered. They even buffed it in the next season PTR, but still was too weak.

I really hope this situation won’t repeat this time.

i like the play-ability of it, but i was really hoping that using an energy twister as the processer for the explode would have been the primary tool here, not a melee attack. i dislike the APM heavy builds where its teleport all over the place and getting in the trigger is high risk. the whole value of a channeled skill as a damage start was that would could use process on attack skills to trigger, but now we are back to misusing disintegrate as a tap skill instead of channeling it, then teleporting in to melee.

this is 100% at odds of having a basic class concept that melee classes get bonuses to defenses to play as melee, and ranged dont have those defenses because they arent supposed to do something so stupid like teleport into a mess of mobs.

You can just use electrocute instead of blades tbh. It’s not that big of a deal.

Energy Twister works too, as does Meteor Shower.

I mean, it has LESS gimmicks then most, but…:wink:

Yup, I’m good with 4,000% ignite, 4,000% damage.

2 Likes

I mean gimmicks are what wizards are known for right?

More’s the pity. I think that’s what Don Vu considered fun. Of course, we had to re-do Firebird’s 4-5 times, DMO 2-3 times, Tal’s twice…

Those were some good times…