Blizz hurting for D4 sales!

Ahh, are we referring to the same reviewers that ranked Diablo 3 a 10/10 pre-release?

Well, we know how true that was!

They only had to revamp the entire game to fix it. :disguised_face:

5 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! Too bad It’ll fall on deaf ears.

3 Likes

To be fair… Isn’t it just natural?

When a company have a new product a huge campaign to promote it before during and after release is to be expected. The after release duration depends on the product.

So I don’t find that peculiar.

As for the game I will personally wait to see later reactions and reviews.

1 Like

While I have no intention of purchasing D4, I have no doubt it will make a tons of money no matter what.

Diablo Immortal proved Activision Blizzard can make millions with garbage. Money over quality, works every time.

3 Likes

That clearly is not true.

Sure, but expectations and reality are two very different things
(and no, that is not about D4, D4 will sell a ton. It might end up disappointing Blizzards own expectations, who knows, but it will be a massive seller in a broad context)

Surely you mean, revamp the entire game to make it worse :frowning:

I cant recall ever seeing as massive an ad campaign from Blizzard as this one. But sure, they always promote their games.

2 Likes

Some people yes, some people no. I won’t preorder. I will wait until the game is released to decide if I want it or not. I am not going to let some ad campaign or some random streamer make up my mind for me.

2 Likes

D4 will be an initial smashing financial success with at least 100+ million in sales revenue. The vast majority of the diablo and ARPG communities have had collective amnesia, so blizzard is free to do as they wish. Buyer’s remorse will be epic, and both consumers and the company will learn absolutely nothing positive.

I suppose trying to decide on the color of your new yacht can be a struggle for some top level executives after they are swimming in preorder dollars.

2 Likes

Each following sequel to a series, spare a bigger budget on advertisement campaigns, regardless of expectations. You may think that’s panicking on the surface or a worldwide success coming up, but that actually tells nothing.
Secondly, big companies, such as the ones in Forbes 500, work with several experts at every field to ensure they can profit in a short time span from a product. From a statistical view point, best they can do are estimations, but those usually well-educated and gotten from several sources. You can be assured that online poll results they got from target audience and weekly social reports formed by Community Managers, don’t rest at someone’s drawer.

They always get “disappointed” to hype the next product in line. I mean they will invest good money in it down the road, so why not make up for the premises from the get-go?
After D:I introduced at Blizzcon '18 and it turned out to be a fiasco reflected on public; in an interview to Kotaku, eleven developers anonymously said that Diablo 3 was a “failure” for upper chairs, to hype up the upcoming D4. That’s how that works. Only once they declared that they were satisfied with the series, then you can presume that next installments are no more.

edit: 6000th post. Damn.

1 Like

Win the GoTY against Zelda ToTK and FF16 in this same year?

:thinking:

1 Like

Maybe for you, but you are a known Diablo hater so no surprise in your biased view
and you have the issue of putting tickets on yourself and thinking because YOU don’t like it nobody can

1 Like

You might not think so but everyone else thinks you depise it with nothing but hate for it and thats without even trying it out and have to fall back on what Rhykker thinks

1 Like

You’re one funny child, emo too. :laughing:

I don’t think that. I don’t base what I think on streamers or what randoms on the forum and their sock puppets try to push.

TotK will win it. It’s very unlikely that FF16 will win. It will likely not be one of the big nominees considering the low quality FF games have been over the years.

If you agree with this statement, do not reply. If you feel this statement is incorrect, reply with your reasoning.

I’d be shocked if D4 doesn’t outsell D3 in it’s first month. With that said I’m not getting it until it’s on sale.

1 Like

Heh. I’m pretty sure nothing is going to knock Zelda: TotK off that pedestal anytime soon. Except maybe another Zelda game.

2 Likes

We will get a sense of D4 sales numbers at some point. Blizzard may not explicitly give their number in their investor reports but a press release often happens to tout their game sales. See: D3 and D2R as examples. Even D:I had a blurb about the number of downloads.

That’s kind of surprising coming from you to be honest. While everyone was saying D4 is the exact copy of D3 for starting a hate train, you turn your face away from it for favoring Diablo Immortal after all these years. I know you won’t answer me directly, but I gotta say I’m quite a bit surprised.

To be honest, when I saw Asmongold’s video about the D4 barbarian endgame, I thought he was watching a D3 Barb clearing Greater Rift from the thumbnail. :laughing:

The D4 character progression and the paragon system are indeed different, but I am glad that D4 endgame combat was extremely similar to the D3 endgame. Even the big number is coming back, which is a good thing IMO. :sunglasses:

If only more D3 elements such as free respecc are coming to D4. :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately, nobody on this forum cares about amsoglod but you.

1 Like

I deleted the post you’re quoting because I realised it belonged in another thread (a thread that doesn’t exist anymore it seems). But fine that you got my point :slight_smile: