Best follower for each class?

Of the three followers who do you prefer? Which class are you using?
Many use the same follower with any class. While some will cycle the follower fit with the class style. I E using Kormac the Templar for his melee skills while you use a Wizard or Demon Hunter that is mostly long range.

I prefer Eirena

RTFM

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d3-ros-followers-wiki/448

2 Likes

i am aware in group play it is irrelevant, some do play solo.

The link provided will guide you to a complete followers guide.

They provide good utility for solo play when geared correctly. Just ignore the line about group play.

Depending on what your particular builds needs are, this can vary.

The guide should give you a better idea if which setup is best for you.

I believe DogBone was just pointing to the thread because there’s a lot of information about Followers in it, thanks to AshTag, who originally created the guide.

The complete line about Group play Is:

And the only reason I included those comments is because often players would comment, in AshTag’s thread and other threads, that Followers were unimportant, they don’t matter or even that they were useless. But, in my opinion, any extra help is better than no extra help at all. And, I find them entertaining. That’s a plus, especially when playing Solo.

I have played with all of the Followers at one time or another. But, I play female Demon Hunters exclusively these days and Eirena the Enchantress is my favorite Follower.

I like playing with Eirena best because:

• She’s precious. I love her voice and the comments she makes, especially in battle. I would have never guessed that Sumalee Montano was the voice actor for Eirena.
  • Eirena usually stays behind your Character because she’s a range fighter. But, if she can’t get a line-of-sight on an enemy, she’s not afraid to run ahead of you, around a corner or into a room, just to get a clear shot.
  • If she gets mobbed, it’s funny to watch her take a 2-Handed Weapon that’s twice as big as she is and bop a monster over the head two or three times before running back behind your Character to start casting her Spells again.
  • I find her CC abilities very effective, even at higher Difficulties. And she often gets the kill-shot if geared properly.

I give her the best items I find for her along the way. I also create a Wizard alternate to gamble, reroll and even farm items for Eirena. But, my two favorite setups for Eirena are currently and in this order:

Blind Enchantress

• Weapon: The Sultan of Blinding Sand
  • Special: Smoking Thurible
  • Amulet: The Ess of Johan
  • Ring1: Unity
  • Ring2: Nagelring, Hellfire Ring or Oculus Ring
  • Skills: Charm, Missile Ward, Disorient and Mass Control

Eun-jang-do Enchantress

• Weapon: Eun-jang-do with %Lightning Damage Range
  • Special: Smoking Thurible
  • Amulet: The Ess of Johan
  • Ring1: Unity
  • Ring2: Wyrdward
  • Skills: Charm, Missile Ward, Disorient and Mass Control
3 Likes

The best two followers are Templar and Enchantress (Scoundrel is not as good). I usually take the templar for builds which require resource (for example DH Multishot) and the Enchantress for builds which require attack speed (for example DH Impale). As stated above several items are available for them (besides of course the relic which prevents them from dying), but the most useful are Thunderfury plus Wyrdward plus Oculus plus Ess of Johan (except if you use Unity, in which case you replace one of the rings with that one). The templar also needs a shield, and the best one is the Freeze of deflection. Of course all items should have stats as high as possible.

1 Like

I happen to love the scoundrel just for his “smart” attitude! One of my favorite quotes is “we will split the treasure in half! Half for me now, and the other half when we get to town!” I never looked back hahe

1 Like

I should clarify: we will split the treasure 50/50. Half now and half when we get to town. Either way I was sold! It’s about the adventure

I came here for your input, thank you!

1 Like

The scoundrel can’t wield Thunderfury so I never take him, but he has the funniest dialogs, I give you that :wink:

Cannot say, it depends on the build also.

I never use Scoundrel except the first time I found & and use him back in Vanilla, & when I need him to complete act 5 follow quest.

I picked the templar most of the time but occasionally Enchantress.

templar for ranged builds and enchantress for melee builds… still take scoundrel if i need no abilities and want some fun…

Always templar, since the enchantress has the most cringe voice ever…

1 Like

If you get too ranged the templar will run to you and not attack the monsters and he won’t be a meat shield on the rift guardian. (In my experience).

I always take Templar for heals and stuns unless the Entrantress gets me to the next break point in an attack speed centric build.

Sometimes when pushing GR and pulling mobs you don’t want your follower to stun though, so it can be conditional.

2 Likes

Max attack speed enchantress with azurewrath on pretty much every character. She can lock down the majority of rift guardians solo with that setup.

What a long awaited thread necro… One whole year. Do we really need to continue? There are guides out there for Followers also.

Scoundrel is barely useful and it’s always a choice between Enchantress and Templar. You can’t go wrong when you pick either. If you wanna try something new, try to remove their invulnerability token and optimize them with summoning items (Max, Genz, Pus), life regen and immunity amulets. Alas, that’s not optional as they always lose so much crowd control utility or lose crucial skills while you need to keep them alive.