Battle net admin/agent popup

was downloading diablo 3 when a popup of somekind named “battle net admin agent” i think i didnt get a good look on hit before i instinctively chose yes, later on another popup named “battle net update agent” again im not sure

these popups had a yes or no option probably asking for permission.

they probably popped because this was my first time downloading diablo 3 on this computer.

but just seeing something that i dont believe i have seen before just popup and i instinctively choose yes and dont see it again makes me feel very uncomfortable and feel like something bad is going to happen.

1 Like

Yeah… it’s been reported by a few others…

Haven’t seen it myself so I don’t know what it could be.

Edit 17:50 EST – Just got the popup myself… seems to be Battle.Net related since D3 was not running at that time.

1 Like

2024-02-17T02:28:00Z

Just tried it myself.

1. Ran the Battle․net App from the shortcut pinned on my Taskbar.
  2. I immediately got the permissions window.
  3. I clicked Yes to allow permissions.
  4. The permissions window closed and then opened again.

I tried this several times and the App continued this loop. I finally clicked the No button, which cleared the permissions window and the loop.

Unfortunately, when I try to run App after closing it, the permission loop starts again, unless I click No.

In short:

• If I click Yes I get the permissions window loop.
  • If I click No the permissions window closes and I can run the game.
1 Like

I clicked yes several times and the loop cleared.
I feel better now that I know it wasn’t just me.

1 Like

2024-02-17T03:16:00Z

I think Blizzard fixed it. I just tried it again and it seems to be working. (I only had to click Yes once to allow permissions).

1 Like

This was certainly not Diablo 3 specific.

I got the requests to allow the Battlenet application to have permission to update whilst I was playing Diablo Immortal last night. I clicked on Yes 5 or 6 times (didn’t count exactly but it was a lot). There didn’t appear to have been any updated version numbering change in the Battlenet Launcher / patch notes.

2 Likes