Barb PTR 2.7.5 discussion

I think that would be kind of boring… I think it’s good that it has that conditional multiplier that you have to think about how to utilize.

And, it wouldn’t really be easier to gear for. The too two offhand choices (Azurewrath and EF) both come with one of those hard CCs baked-in.

1 Like

maybe then do double damage as a baseline then get additional bonus for hard CC?

Easier as you could use the burning axe of sank. if you wanted to. etc

That’s… almost exactly how the build is now.

“Double damage as a baseline” - 6-piece 10k —> 20k :white_check_mark:

“Additional bonus for hard CC” - You deal 100% additional damage to mobs who are feared, frozen, or stunned. :white_check_mark:

sorry poorly worded. I would make it

Double the effectiveness of shouts. Deal double damage to enemies affected by shouts, triple damage to enemies feared, frozen or stunned

btw Rage, if you were to force focus/restraint into savages, what spendor skill would you use?

I’d use WW, since it gives you another way to move through mobs if Charge is on cooldown.

If you’re playing a group RGK that uses F&R, can also take Spear to help your zbarb with grouping.

Cool, cool. Going to try and squeeze all the biggest damage mods in there.

I think the highest damage you can get is F&R + Squirt + Aughild.

I basically took my unity hota build from this season and replaced hota with frenzy. it works shockingly well. trying it on the live server atm, so it’s a lot stronger on ptr.

the focus/restraint i got to do 120s without dying but anything higher I had to use unity/coe

update - did a 131 with it on the live server. i had to scrap the focus/restraint for pushing but it plays like just hota does now. lol

1 Like

I’m intrigued Apache. I always start on DH but have been really enjoying Barb. May give this a try

Its really a lot of fun. VERY fast. Taking damage from the trash mobs is the only negative. Its like hota in reverse. You melt elites but trash takes forever to kill. Having the extra damage on PTR will help take care of that though. You can fit in zodiac also and keep WotB up 24/7 too. Just gotta go H90:6 w/o mod sets.

Anyways the playstyle is very familiar to people who enjoyed hota this season.

Thanks to Rage for the WW idea, lol.

Hey Apache, drop us a D3planner link so we can see what you’re talking about!

Here is the baseline one

maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/720865023

It plays EXACTLY the same as hota. lol.

Since the PTR is wrapping up I figured I’d run another Frenzy 140, this time using the classic Azurewrath off-hand (rather than EF, which I used in my earlier video).

Got quite a good first floor. On the second floor, I had a Power Pylon for most of the boss fight… downed him in 23 seconds.

1 Like

nice. it looks like you are almost playing reakor, lol.

Alright, last two- just messing around and did a pair of GR 136s with Frenzy, using our two fun but suboptimal setups, 2-Hander and Sword&Board.

2H:

S&B:

2 Likes

Its cool there’s at least the option to do this

What did you think was it fun?

Oh yeah, these alternate setups are fun for sure. But they’re both about 3-4 tiers weaker than a dual-wield spec.

On the other hand, at low paragon, the shield version will definitely help keep you alive.

And, there’s a case to be made for using a shield at fairly high paragon, too. The “ultimate” version of this build drops BoM and runs Aughild + CoE. That really only becomes possible around ~12k paragon. But when using a shield (plus the Sword + Board passive) you might be able to trade BoM for CoE at “only” 8k paragon or so.

1 Like

its kind of a let down that EQ barb didnt get a buff, i would love to end my last season of diablo 3 with that set.

1 Like

You still could. At the end of the day, it’s all about playing what you enjoy.

1 Like