[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

---------------------------------------------My PTR H90 build(124 Test)---------------------------------
Currently, clear 124 (Almost hit 125, just need a good map/mob, my ceiling is around 126). I think this build is definitely one of the best among all H90 builds.

Str 19500, paragon 2600.

d3planner build: ptr. d3planner. com/554794935

1. I think EoF is a must. 5 stack change 8F Frenzy to 5F. In other words:
  • It deal 150% More dmg than no buff. (a 2.5 multiplier);
  • it gives you 8/5 - 1 better healing!!!
  • it can sometimes proc fear, you do more dmg.
  1. 40CDR is enough. Need some reducing control impairing effect 40%. You deal most of the dmg during WotB. With 2 40% reduced control impairing, you are not so easily kill when frozen or stunned.

2. Currently it needs > 60 K LoH, ~80K is perfect.

3. When ppl has > 5000 paragon, rage flip or ground stomp is a must. I may prefer rage flip.

4. For the fishing, the best map / mob type is similar to HotA. For my video you can see, small skeletons are soooo ā€œniceā€. We have to gather a large group of trash, focus on yellow, when clear the trash, drag the yellow to other place and clear another group of trash. I think this is the correct way to do fishing. It is more like how you do HotA fishing.

5. Final Tip: Skip health link blue, Skip illusion blue. It is just not worth.

Here is my video link: (I have to upload to some Chinese website so that players in China can watch it.)
www. bilibili. com /video/av87488708/

2 Likes

Another HOTA build? Thatā€™s too bad.:worried:

Well, actually frenzy thorns is also similar to hota. Not so bad actually.

After all these years I realized that there actually are many enemies with knockbacks in the game. Thatā€™s what Permawrath builds do to you.

Iā€™ve done 117 so far at 1900 P, 120-125 gems, and Doombringer MH. CDR setup with Mortickā€™s. Feel squishy. Impunity is low prot. Vet warning is great but inconsistent. Doesnā€™t protect from ground effects. Need to fish. Enemies with knockback or shooting fire patches on ground will kill you and destroy your attempt.

As I done 125 on normal, my estimation is H90 needs +5 GR damage boost and +5-7 GR toughness boost. Also, I would not recommend HC players to ever touch this set, due to inconsistent protection.

I think this set needs some juice to be competitive. However, ideally it would be only marginally better than the LoD variant, which is currently lacking.

My suggestion would be to buff Undisputed Champion, so that both sets are brought up to snuff instead of just H90.

+5-7 toughness? Bro, I know you actually mean at least double toughness? right?

I agree Frenzy dmg should be doubled.

2 Likes

I feel like Iā€™m invisible on this board

Yes. Double damage and double toughness at least.

Actually, Iā€™d say, x2,5 toughness:
CC reduction has DRā€™s and can not reach 100%. No number of items with reduced CC can make you immune to knockbacks. You get knocked back and land already dead. This happens when I fight groups of lacuni slashers or other knockbackers with WotB on cd.

Atm Iā€™m trying 118. During Ptr Iā€™ll aim for 120, with some augments and gearbags fishing. Do not feel I have the power to go beyond 120 with H90 in itā€™s current state.

Well. thatā€™s true.

Need some reducing control effect + 60K LoH at least to survive.

Knockbackers and stunnersā€¦stun my barb, canā€™t hit, then die.

1 Like

Not at all, my friend. Thereā€™s a lot of feedback in the mix, but itā€™s all very valuable!

Sword and Board is not worth considering for players trying to push the limits. You need DPS above all else, and youā€™ll only get that from dual-wielding. Consider that every other off-hand weapon option gives you considerably more damage than a shield and youā€™ll see what I mean.

It would be nice to have a GOOD fear to use as a barbarian and some items to go with it but this set design seems conterintuitive to the barbarian/frenzy connection.

We are getting a 4th strictly helm chest legs boots gloves shoulders set? We donā€™t get 1 non traditional gear slot to go with this set like an amulet, ring, bracer or belt? Such a slot would give a lot more functionality for the 2 piece to be used with other current sets.

Many other classes have a set with an amulet or other non armor slot.

That being said, a second 7 item set(IK is our only current 7 slot set) also wouldnā€™t be a bad idea.

I mean if blizzard is going to implement new class sets they donā€™t want to miss out on any opportunity in doing so. Itā€™s not like we are ever going to get another set after this.

I retain my view that it should be 8%, as it would double it to a level where it is on par with most other melee builds. Right now it is 50% total, and if you add another 50% that would be 75%. So an 80% total is not unrealistic or too far out. Remember thst prior to acquiring the Bastion the base set effectively sits at 25% as is, and that would der a bump to 40% which is far more fair.

And not to point fingers, but the new Wizard set is 8% and has an 5 multiplier om the set, which is doubled to 10 by an item aswell

1 Like

Perm WotB needs 84% CDR or 78% CDR with Boon Passive. It is realistically impossible with H90.

How about Ignore Pain for the DR and anti CC?
4pc like:
Ignore Pain gains all runes and frenzy has a X% chance to reduce IP cooldown by 1s? This is only 50% DR, but at least it grants anti-CC, movement speed and some healing.

3 Likes

GR Cleared: 131 (gg maps - finished 3 Elites with Power and 4 with Speed)

Main Stat: 34k

Paragon: 6145

Basic Build Info: CoE, Echoing Fury, Morticks, TS Falter, WC Veteranā€™s Warning, FC Merciless Assaultā€¦(I started testing with WC Impunity + Stomp but Veteranā€™s + FC MC provide superior mobility/utility/survival Imo)

Strengths of the Set and Build: hits fast

Weaknesses of the Set and Build: little squishy + fear mechanic annoying

Notes: Set could use a slight rework/buff

Video:

5 Likes

How well are you keeping Rampage up with this?

GR cleared: 95 (Finished with 7 min remaining, Iā€™ve died 6 or 7 times I think).

Main stat: 15k

Parangon: 1162

Basic info: Echoing Fury + Oathkeeper; Morticks bracers; Focus and Restrain for the rings. 5 H90 + 2 Scarlet Captain.
Cube: Revered Bastion; Undisputed champion; Ring of Royal grandeur.

Gems: Simplicity; Bane of the Stricken; Gogok of vivacity.

Strengths: hits extremely fast, especially when you are under Wrath and 15 stacks of Gogok.

Weakness: the fear mechanic, although allowing for extremes amounts of damage, is way too unreliable as enemies tend to run away and force you to chase after them, making you loose all your stacks and leaving you very vulnerable; can (and is) deadly when chasing enemies with the Lava affix.
Damage reduction is inferior to the one of the LoN set, and even with the Scarlet Captain reduction added, remains inferior to the others sets.

Iā€™ll add that creating a mechanic that requires the player to perform the attack in order to gain stacks of damage reduction is particularly stupid considering that attack needs to be performed in melee, meaning in the delay required to actually perform the attack and gain the stacks, the enemy has largely the time to hit you at least once with full effect; multiply this by the number of enemies who will be here and hitting you at once and you can easily imagine the result.
This is simply a poor design.

I am totally conscious I could (and should) use the Band of Might and the Unicity, but even then, the others reports from people having cleared rifts higher than mine are converging: the set overall is subpar in terms of damage reduction and it stays true, be it on a 95 or on a 120.

Notes: I see that set and that way of playing as a drill, I very much like that vision and that way of playing and the buff of both the Revered Bastion and the Undisputed Champion are well needed ones who make the gameplay even more fun.
But as already told, the set lacks a lot in the damage reduction department, and, although I havenā€™t encountered damage dealing issues; as my 95GR have been cleared in 7 minutes, and, removing the 6 or 7 times I died in, I would have cleaned it in roughly 4m30; it seems, reading for the posts of others, that at high level, the lack of damage is real, so Iā€™ll trust their opinion on this.

Also, I have an observation I want to share: I think the double effect on the shouts is not totally working, in fact, regarding the shout and the rune who increases your dodge by 30%, doubled with the 2P; I am almost certain that it simply doesnā€™t work, and worst, I think actually it does not increase dodge at all.
I have run several 90-95GR between yesterday and today, and, although my shout was active, although I was under the effect of the Gogok (A lv 80 gem), which, as you know, further increase dodge, AND under the effect of Wrath of the Berserker AND the damage reduction skill (Donā€™t remember itā€™s name in english, itā€™s the one affected by Cassiusā€™belt), I was taking MUCH MORE damage than I should have considering that GR level and with more than 1 billion stamina.
Actually, itā€™s not that I was taking more damage than I should have, but more precisely, I was taking ALL the damage, instead of taking only a part of the damage, the other part being completely ignored because dodged.

I canā€™t be 100% sure of that, as I have only a few GR to compare, but yesterday, after doing a 85 with the new set (Exactly with the same configuration as above), I decided to do it with the LoN set, to compare the damage and damage reduction difference.
Overall, I had the same stamina with both sets (1 billion with all defensive CD activated), but, if the damage I was dealing was slightly lower (Which was expected), however, the damage I was taking was also much lower than with the H90 in the exact same GR level; in fact, I died only once because I made a mistake, when with the H90, I simply died because I took too much damage at once.

Maybe itā€™s just me, but I thought I really should share it, so people can check it and see, just in case.

1 Like

Update on gear and clears: I started my runs using a combination of parthians, nemesis, and sescheron - all underwhelming.

Then, I switched to aughilds. Iā€™ve gotta say, the bracers and one other piece really add something to the elite killing and survive. gave me 5-7 levels depending on map

Not sure if I understand what you want to say here. Itā€™s looks like youā€™re saying that with 75% dodge you should take 75% less damage from each hit.