[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

Or be counted not as an attack, just an “effect” from Frenzy.
But I think it’s more complicated than that in the dev’s side. Probably they coded it as an additional attack, seperated from Frenzy so changes might be difficult.

Yeah, you’re right. My mistake. I was reading it in my work time :laughing:

Yes the projectile from side arm reflects back at you from dervish and rock giants. Same thing with inpale DHs. Can’t attack or insta proc. I play HC so that makes them insta skip. I personally could do without sidearm rune :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Read all instead of just a piece before replying please.

The only thing i really wanted to see this set to work is Frenzy lasts at least 8 seconds or 10 seconds. I am using Cap Belt and Pants + CDR on everything and Obsidian ring with a spender to be able to sustain Wrath Berzserker 100% of the time and as i said…the problem is Frenzy last only 4 seconds soo i need to use spender on 3 seconds and change back to Frenzy to not lose the stacks.

If WoB could be insert on the build i would suggest this:

4 or 6 piece bonus : Each time you cast 1 of your warcries reduce the cooldown of WoB by x.

PTR has jsut been updated boys and girlz

I understand what you mean. I’ve played Pixel Barb. But trading 50% DR, even if it isn’t up all the time, is a no-go in the current state of the build. It’s too weak, and it doesn’t have enough built-in DR. Have you seen the clears on PTR that use Stomp? Have you seen their Paragon and main stat vs what they’re clearing? It’s not looking good at the moment.

Depending on how this coming iteration plays, replacing IP or Wrath with Ground Stomp might be a great choice.

You would never trade Trapped, a big fat multiplier, for Esoteric. You’d be far better taking Jugg + Superstition and picking up some extra toughness rolls on gear (Life per Hit and various elemental secondary rolls), of you can get a Freeze roll on belt and use Parthans.

It stacks Stricken crazy fast. Really depends on whether the damage is properly buffed.

You’re talking about Blade of the Tribes, but where would you fit that? Bastion’s and Depth Diggers are locks for the Cube, and you’ll need one of your rings in there–either CoE or Band of Might. You would also have to fit either EQ or Avalanche on the bar to get their cold runes.

Thanks for your feedback. At 11k main stat, you can push higher. I hit the fishing wall at GR 114 with the same main stat.

Yup! Downloading now!

Any good news? I didn’t see any blog update.

Not at home. Can’t go home until 4:00…

Updates in bold:

2-pc: Doubles effectiveness of shouts. Deal double damage to Feared or Frozen enemies.
4-pc: Each Frenzy stack reduces damage by 6%. Frenzy lasts twice as long.
6-pc: No change

Bastion’s: No change
Undisputed Champion: No change

Overall, I still don’t think this is good enough. I still think that 6-pc value needs to be increased, big time.

Edit: PTR bags are finally dropping Bounty mats! Hooray!

4 Likes

Still no perma WotB to achiving

That was never going to happen. Achieving it outside the IK set is item and skill dependent and not an intended design.

This build is clearly meant to either not use Wrath, or to use it for bursts only.

1 Like

??? who gives this number? 5------> 6? 2.5/2 = 1.25 means 25% toughness increase? I was…

Add stuns/Freeze? em…what are we gonna use? give up war cry? Paired with Frozen Eq?

1 Like

Ye, it’s seems WotB will be useless there, instead of other skill we need probably

Man, This is really a patch…

1 Like

Yeah, this is really puzzling…

The DR increase is not enough. This is a build that cannot achieve perma-Wrath or IP, and trying to get CC rolls on gear is going to be a nightmare for Season and low-Paragon/solo players. Crowd Control is a major issue for this build, one compounded by trying to fit in a Freeze effect.

If you’re lucky enough to get a perfect UC belt and can roll Freeze, well, you win the lottery. Otherwise, you’ll need Cold Rush, but once IP goes down, all it takes is a bad Vortex pack to one-shot us, because we can’t charge out of bad situations.

If the bonus applied to Stunned or Slowed enemies, that would be better. But Frozen?

WTF?

2 Likes

Dont you know it is valentine’s day in the US (note for other countries). It is the devs showing their love of good PTR testing.

1 Like

I know they said they do not want a repeat of last season. I have a feeling they are doing baby steps to try and avoid going overboard again.

If we do the testing in this updated PTR and it still shows weakness, they will likely makde another change to better balance things.

Or at least, that is my hope.

2 Likes

It should works with stunned. I guess stun = freeze. Think about Parthenon, it also works with freeze enemies.

That’s correct. The balance not yet finished. Cuz they changed 2pc and DR, they have to check how much these changes will affect Frenzy build independently.

After that, they gonna do something to the numbers.

This is my guess…

2 Likes

So, the changes have done nothing to the solo clear potential at my Paragon. I can still fish 114 and can clear it given good elites and Pylons, but it’s fishing time. With GG Pylons and mobs, could clear 115-116, but the fishing would be pretty intense. This is at 11k main stat.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think this build will work best as an RGK in groups. Just spit-balling some ideas, so feel free to chime in.

Group Comp
RGK: Frenzy Barb
Trash: SB WD
Heal: zMonk
Support: zBarb or zNec

Imagine a Frenzy Barb with Falter and Wrath for burst. We might forget the Fear nonsense and just get a zNec to freeze the RG with Land of the Dead for a big-time damage boost. This would be timed to Wrath+CoE cycles. Or can a WD Fear/Freeze?

Thoughts?

3 Likes

My thoughts are that if it’s only potential is in a group, then it’s incredibly dull. As someone who doesn’t do group play very often or care that much for it, if that’s all this build has going for it then I’m out.