[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

Well, shouldn’t a class have different builds with different styles? I’m open to a squishy, heavy single target, great damage build.

yeah a class should have different builds.
but i am a barb and not a fragile fairy like dh.
this set is not tanky, single target (overall dmg) still sux
whats the point of the set?

3 Likes

None at the moment. It’s dogspoop. It should recieve way more DMG for its limited AOE and toughness. Also Bastion’s revered forcing your dmg to be spread among 10 mobs is SO BAD. I want to SINGLE TARGET yellows.

just fear the other mobs away and you get double damage !!!
IT IS AMAZING !!! :wink:

1 Like

I agree with what you posted. To be any kind of an RGK option, this build needs significantly more single-target damage.

Yeah, this is a major concern for low-Paragon players, for this build, low-Paragon is anything under 3000 Paragon. The different secondary rolls you need to survive are frustrating, and it’s going to require tons of Bounty mats on reforges.

I don’t want to compare this build Zodiac Rend because I want it to be very different. Rend is really good at clearing trash. H90 should be good at clearing elites.

Amen, brother!

4 Likes

Just found a bug. Bastion inherit element on weapon, NOT the Frenzy skill element you choose. That means, if you use Arcane, Holy…Poison…you just…lose a lot of dmg.

-----------------------------------Did some 120 run (with fire weapon and fire Frenzy)-------

7:57s…incredible…this bug is …I mean…really kill a build.

----------------------------More comments---------------------------------
If you check those 135 clears…those elements are clearly miss matched. Some weapons are even poison element. Bastion proced by those weapon (holy, poison, arcane) just lose 40% or 60% elemental dmg increase and COE bonus, which can be as high as 60%+(48s WotB trick).

E.g: The 135 clear use cold Frenzy with cold Azurewrath and poison Oath + Augild. (He didn’t use CoE, to him if He use CoE Bastion chain procced by Oath gain no COE buff) this is a 20% dps loss.

In other words, they could do much more dmg than current status. I strongly recommend contact Nev immediately. Let the Dev fix it ASAP.

8 Likes

That would be totally awesome!

well awesome only compared to the actual state
but not realistically

what we need as many times has been described before is a way to deal with CC effects

so many ways have been outlined allready

so devs please would you join this conversation at least gives us one time a sign that you are acknowleding our feedback

The 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared and Frozen Enemies take double damage still lacks synergy and should be reworked.

Since we get all Frenzy Runes from Undisputed Champion (Frenzy Smite has 30% Stun) and Furious Charge-Merciless Assault is pretty much mandatory how about adding:

Stunned and Knockbacked Enemies take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec.

Or Enemies affected by Hard CC take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec.

2 Likes

DMG isn’t enough here, but DR is problem too.

WW has:

• 50% from Set
  • 80% from BoM
  • 50% from PERMA WotB
  • 50% from PERMA IP
  • maybe also 25% from Mantle

Frenzy has:

• 60% from Set
  • 80% from BoM
  • 50% from WotB or IP (we don’t have space to pick both and we don’t have PERMA, IP is possible for that, but not without losing DMG)
  • up to max 50% from Set Ring + Amu (but only in moving, when Frenzy is standing Build)

Ye, Frenzy has 30% more Dodge (without get up WotB), but still it’s horrible. We can’t sustain and mobs cc is killing us so fast. Even getting all runes from Battle Cry seems too weak.

IP? who is using ip with ww?

Yup, my bad, but still 50% armor from Stone Gauntlets and 20% armor from Taeguk. It’s more than Frenzy has.

1 Like

And ww can Move arround and trough mobs.
Wotb Uptime with frenzy is a Joke.
So yeah, ww is way tankier and deals more dmg.

Like i said before i would like to see 8% dmg reduction, cc Immunity while under the effect of 2 shouts and you (Not frenzy) deal 1800% increased dmg for each frenzy stack.
After these changes we can talk about testing and Balancing

4 Likes

There is now a 137 frenzy clear for a player with 9017 paragon. Most items are ancient/primal with 150 augments except 2 items that are normal legendaries (gloves and compass rose).

Still in line with what everyone has said in this thread. Even if you give it +5 levels going from PTR to live it is still ~5 levels behind WW.

What are the other classes clearing that got new sets? Funny no posts from you about that. Go some where else, barb set is the least of your problems, “balance king”.

2 Likes

Blizzard already said crusaders are still potentially too strong even with the nerf. I suspect that WD and wizards will also be strong. WD may surpass ww/rend barbs if things go live as in the current PTR iteration and that wizards may be similar to barbs.

Please keep in mind that the top frenzy clear this PTR would be the #3 ranked clear if it was made in the prior PTR where ww/rend was being tested more extensively. The top Frenzy clear is only 3 GRs below the top ww/rend clear from last PTR.

Last PTR had far more barb testing than the current PTR

Last PTR Top clear 140 (Darkpatator)/138 (Ubiquity). Neithr has tested this PTR
Last PTR: 7 non-season clears at GR 135 or above
This PTR: Top frenzy clear GR 137 with 4 frenzy clears at GR 135 or above

It may turn out that frenzy will be 5 GRs weaker than rend, but the available data suggests it may be less different. I am not willing to make a more precise prediction because the data is not yet clear enough. Let’s remember there were only a few people who successfully predicted ww/rend potential last PTR.

Edit: The top frenzy clear is GR 138 in non-season. The only higher GR non-season clear in the last 2 PTRs is dark’s GR 140.

I believe that was posted in a “barb feed back post”. Count up your posts in barb related posts vs WD feedback vs Wiz feedback and report back :slight_smile: Funny how all your time is spent here…

3 Likes

Actually, most of my recent posts have been in DH and necromancer threads, the two classes that Blizzard considers weakest.

For example, I made 31 posts in the “Where is the DH players” thread and only 16 in this thread. I also made 31 post in the PTR thank you thread for DH & Necro.

Non-Season players who use the Crimson’s variant.

Yup. Worse, it still lacks a distinct identity. It doesn’t do anything particularly well. Still needs BUFFS.

2 Likes

Have you checked the rank #2 top 4 man non-season PTR clear that has 2 barbs, wd and monk? It has both a DPS barb and a zDPS barb. Check Rob’s barb.

For your convenience I even grabbed some screenshots.