Bad News for hydra wizz

Just adding to the hubub. Buff TV a little bit. Everyone is sick to death of playing Chantodo Vyrs.

The hydra wiz most definitely needs a buff. The new set is a huge let down and almost dead out of the gate. It doesn’t have enough toughness, not enough DPS after the nerf. LoD hydra fits the play style much much better, with being able to maximize the potential of Hydra from a offensive and defensive side, especially more in season 20. I wouldn’t mind if LoD hydra was the go too, to be honest. Even tho that would leave the set in a even more terrible place.

I think the 6-piece of the set, should give you an extra hydra overall (3 total). It fits the build and would really bring fantasy to the build. It would also help solve the problem of the damage, more damage reduction( more Squirts uptime) and would help more with monster targeting and other mechanical flaws hydras do have. But maybe this would cause server lag and wouldn’t work out anyways. But would be better then just increasing a number for the 6-piece set. Last thing, I think the hydra set could use there own Source, it opens up some better options that would help the set more with gear options (Don’t have to use RoRG) and not effect LoD for the most part. Maybe rolls 125%-150% Hydra Damage on secondary affix or one of the main affix’s with Intel/Crit Chance automatically, then RNG from there? Just a few ideas. Either way, weather it’s the set, LoD or both…Hydra needs buffed up a bit. Not overkill, but needs to compete better.

“A bit” won’t do it. It needs at least 2000% per head to a total of 20.000% with 2 hydras up since it only affects hydra dmg which isn’t affected by your DW+ES combo like meteor or arcane orb or twister would be, you won’t cast new hydras from channeling for their 30s duration (yes they are buffed by DW+ES) but you can’t squeeze more DPS out of it since only hydra is affected by the dmg bonus, so it needs to deal amazing dmg.

I highly doubt they will revert Magistrate and SS to any of the previous iterations from PTR to not make LoD Mammoth even stronger than the set can be.

So only way to salvage the set and see play in S20 is by either:

A) Increase substantially the 6pc bonus to at least 2000% per head

B) Increase the 6pc bonus to at least 1500-1600% and add another arcane spender of choice (meteor, arcane orb, twister or even a channel spell) to the dmg buff

We are already set in stone on how we can itemize (cube included) to make TV work, you need Tasker gloves equipped or in cube or you will lose too much dps, magister and SS need to be cubed (or equip SS and cube DW) and ring slot must be RoRG in cube (or worn).

Sure you can drop CoE and go with Traveler’s set (ring and amulet) to not worry about Squirts falling off (but that is still a loss in dps but a gain in tankiness) but that’s about it, nothing else you can fit or inter-exchange to gain any meaningful edge.

Plus you will hate your life when doing bounties like malathiel etc where you get charged the moment you can control your character because you won’t have time to drop your hydras for DR or your Karini to activate, and any hydra you summon before will be automatically despawned.

Oh well we will see, but if they don’t touch TV at all before S20 start, everyone will play WD / monk / barb / necro pretty much (and sadder AoV).

They all have better starts than wizard and good end game group & solo capabilities with sets or LoD, if wizard ain’t gonna be at least on par, like 1-3 GR behind WD / Frenzy / PoJ / AoV then why bother.

Well, adding a channeled skill to TV as-is won’t do us good, because those skills have no big multipliers on dedicated legendaries - there’s just DW/Sigil and every other spender like Meteor will outmatch that by leagues. Just look at LoN/LoD and the raw damage the channeling skill itself deals. Adding it to TV at 1600% would be about 60% more damage than that. And that’s still pretty much nothing.

It would look a bit different if Hydra heads were able to spit channeling skills (or other arcane spenders) at the same target as you do, but that’s a different story altogether.

They could (and actually they should) add a fat damage buff to channeling skills on the Hergbrash belt. Then it might work out better.

3 Likes

Where are blizzard developers and/or CM ? Do you think Hydra at this current level is intended and that no changes are planned to adjust its power ? The data are there, the numbers are there, will you do anything about it ?

Today would be the last realistic day for updated patch notes, unless they just want to completely surprise us, we can hope for the best! They have to know from all the big D3 streamers saying it, forums and community that Hydra is under performing. I can’t believe they would drop a set or leave LoD, in both bad spots at launch of Season 20. They have had what, almost a whole month from PTR ending, gathering all the feedback??

The last day was Tuesday

The whole itemization in D3 is crap, all items which gives high +dmg multipliers should be removed / changed. It just forces you to certain skills to use …

Its also a very bad feeling gameplay wise if you channel arcane torrent or whatever and it does 0 dmg., you just channel it to buff an other skill, thats poor design, I absoluetly hate it.

IMO legendaries are good designed if for example a twister sucks mobs in or a weapon charms, knockbacks etc. but giving hughe ammounts of +dmg to just one skill is bad design. Thats why in D2 you at least had +skill items which buffed all your skills and not just one.

Thats the reason everyone is running around with the same skills/builds, its boring. You just cant pass up on multiplier dmg. from etched sigil and deathwish for example, of course you could but its just too much to pass up -> bad design. In the end it doesnt matter if you play GR30 or 150, what matters is that you have choices in choosing your skills and items and thats where the game completly fails.

You contradict yourself in The last lines, if iT doesnt matter if you run 30 or 150 then your free to use what you want. Can even play without set items. If you want to aim high you use best build no onesays you have to. Be happy running 30s wearing only blue items if you want

Well there’s a top 10 LoD Mammoth Reverse Archon NS clear 7k para, fully 150 Aug, full primals… 135. Meanwhile the set is no where in sight pushed several tiers back by Vyrs.

Rip, thanks for the unneeded nerfs Blizzard, you know we do know what we’re talking about when we scream over-nerfed, but get ignored while Barbs on lamentation were payed attention to and reverted hmm, interesting.

/facepalm

Do I really need to elaborate ? Of course it matters when sets/buiilds do GR120+, but if everyone would play lets say GR30/50 or whatever then how would it matter ? Then it wouldnt, its just a number … What matters is that players have the freedom to choose their builds / skills etc., but right now thats not possible due to itemization in the game.

It’s sad really. A real disappointment.

Can’t do well solo, not wanted / good in groups. WD at least can do speeds 115+, can clear well up to 130-135 solo or wave in groups, sadder is RGK and still good solo push meh…

And it’s so restrictive too, no benefit from S20 either. WD already has 2 good builds with CCrimson or with Belt of fetishes, can use CoE, can use unity.

PS: S20 WD Rank 2 GR132 (2 Keys) - YouTube wudijo cleared 132 (2 keys) at 2.2k Paragon! What does this say about 5k for 130 and power of the sets? Can a hydra do 120 at 2k paragon at least? :smiley:

1 Like

It is sad, I was with a 1k WD, not even half augged…totally carried 115 to a 120. The power they gave them combined with the lack of power we got is really upsetting. 2k Para gonna be ez this season, just hitch a ride off your fellow WD lol ez.

Got my primal DW and it just feels so meh in comparison. Thanks for the share, he even says that was a crappy run too lol, and the mob type was terrible. At Wudijo’s skill he can easily do 135 with better mob type,map,pylons maybe 20+ keys at the same paragon, maybe a few more auggies. Hydra better be able to do 120 at 2k para lol!

1 Like

Yah there’s a 122 clear @ 1500 paragon, they got a lot of 110-120 augs and some primals but yah all hope not completely lost, top 10 clear till the LoD’s and Vyrs really start cranking out.

I wonder how many keys it took for that 122 clear oO. Meanwhile WD cleared 10 tiers higher with 2 keys. It’s more than obvious hydras need a consistent buff.

Yah for Typhon pretty impressive, if it was LoD Mammoth I’d just be like eh that’s decent but yah I’m thinking that was a lot of keys, especially since it’s high 14 minute clear.

Yah let’s not forget this is seasons, so NS would be lower, well I guess already know that from PTR and NS that is was around mid high 110’s around that gear/level…definitely needs 2-2.5x buff