Attack speed not showing for Wizards

Weapon’s attack speed is shown as Attack per Second on the sheet. If it also included in the Attack Speed, then it would be double counted.

why are you being so thick about this? There are two pieces of information in the character sheet regarding attack speed. Percent given by items and attacks per second. Attacks per second show up correctly. Total percentages by items do not include wpn so it is not the total, so inaccurate. this is isn’t complicated. the argument that it shows in attacks per second so it doesn’t need to show in total percentage is inconsistent with the fact that, say gloves, show the increase in attack per second and total percent of attack speed given by items. Just because the weapon attack speed is multiplicative should not matter . It would only matter if the game is doing the math as though our character display sheet is their database. Seriously? No way is that the case. Our character sheet doesn’t and can’t show legendary gems effects, set effects and many (not all ) skill and passive effects or proc rates, frame rates and break points. So how can our character sheet be a source of damage and mitigation calculations? It’s all done under the hood, so to speak, and the character sheet is just the paint. As far as a rant goes… use a dictionary once in a while. Rants will frequently drift from topic to topic, This point I’m making is very specific. However, you, on the other hand, keep making the same point, confusing the difference between how attack speed works and how it is displayed as information to the player. Two very different things. I’m beginning to think you don’t know all that is involved with how damage is calculated in this game.

As it isn’t a bug, there is no point for further discussion here. If any one wants to discuss, do it on other forum, thanks.

I understand your point. But you do see that is inconsistent with all other items that posted in both places and are not double counted. It also assumes that the character sheet info is a source of calculations and not just a display. Seem unlikely. It doesn’t matter that it calculates different APS for wpns. What is your source of information? Did a blue respond to this somewhere and say it would be double counted for weapons? Are you a moderator for this forum section, why you are determining what can be said here and what can not?

Again, Bug Report is not a place for discussing game play mechanics, it for reporting bugs only. No blizzard staff will confirm or discuss with you.

Other forums are for discussion and feedback. That is why they exist.

1 Like

the only reason, so far, that this is not a bug, is because you say it will be double counted and this only applies to wpns. sounds like a bug that maybe the devs work around was to not include in the total by items. So …technically, work around or not, still is a bug, because as a weapon is an item and the category is total percent AS by items is incorrect. It only becomes a “game mechanic” after they say they are solving this issue by not having show correctly. Again, what is your source of information to confirm your point of “double counting”. I have already stated why, after thinking about this, find it unlikely…possible, but unlikely. I am assuming you were not born with this information, you must have gotten it from somewhere. Where?

Ugh, you really should spend more time trying to learn the game.

Here, I posted a primer for you:

If you believe it is a bug, then it is the end of discussion. No dev will come to confirm or deny you.

PS this game is 7(?) years old. You are not the first one on this topic. Likely not the last one. I’ve seen too many in the Bug Report forum already.

I know how it is calculated, sheesh. My entire comment was focused on the fact the total percentage by items doesn’t show the AS from the weapon, which is an item. So the DISPLAY is incorrect as it is not a total percentage. It doesn’t matter if weapons are calculated differently. The display is just a summary of information which is not in the loop of how damage is calculated. It is just a graphical display. Your arrogant attitude is blocking your mind to not equivocate a display of information and how damage is calculated. Saying I should spend more time trying to learn the game is evidence of your arrogance. You , 2k paragon and the other guy thinks he runs the forums, 900k paragon are the ones that need play the game more and spend less time in the forums… You continue to talk about how damage is calculated … when I am talking about a display inconsistency. The only point made so far indicating this is not a bug has been made by Maskedraider, who claims it will be double counted because the APS already shows up, but other items show in both locations and are not double counted. The reason behind that being weapons are multiplicative AS, I find suspect and would like to know the source of that “urban legend”.

Holy smokes, are you ever dense. I just explained why the weapon attack speed increase isn’t shown in the general attack speed increase shown on the character sheet.

I’m not the dense one here. You can’t seem to grasp the difference between display and damage calculations. I spelled it out so 5th grader can understand already.

If you believe that it is a bug, you have made your point and reported here. You don’t need to convince us.

If you don’t believe others, we can’t convince you either. Dev won’t confirm or deny anything.

It is not about believing or not believing you. You presented a reasonable point about why it is not included. This point depends on the idea that in game calculations are done FROM the character stat summary sheet. That is why I asked where you got this answer, as I would like to see the source of your information. You know as well as I do that many things have been said over the years and believed to be true, only to find out it not being the case. Sometimes something said may have been true 3 years ago but no longer is. Attack speed has been fiddled with a lot over the years in this game.

Main source: the forums.
Other source, e.g. d3planner.com

LOL, so you read it somewhere in the forums. D3planner, can not allow you to solve this, already looked at that before coming here, so not sure why you list that. But… I guess thanks for the effort.

Study the equations shown on d3planner, you will learn a lot the mechanics of the game.

One more reference: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/acronyms-the-definitive-list-plus-definitions/175
Look for ASI and IAS. Read the conversation on the thread about them.

What you fail to grasp is that this is already present on your stat sheet, under the attacks per second value which is directly taken from your weapon, having it also appear on the attack speed increase stat would make it double dip.

Zendiablo, there’s a reason that the stat on weapons says “Increases attack speed by 7%” and on all other gear it says “Attack speed increased by 7%”
Its because they are different stats that calculate separately.

fail to grasp? I am aware and if you read more carefully above , you will see where it was indicated that I understand attacks per second is modified by the weapon. I would point out that AS from gloves also modifies APS and does show in the percent total. To bring you up to speed (pun intended), It comes down to whether the character sheet is where the game looks while you are in combat to calculate your attack speed/damage. I doubt it. given that it misses so much, set bonuses, skills, legendary gems, pylons. The issue is not how it is calculated, by how it is displayed. But I see Maskraider has provide me with a link. Despite the arrogant and personal attacks, I still have an open mind on this topic, so I’ll read the link and see.

Please move this thread to the General Discussion Forum!

Thank you.

1 Like