Attack speed not showing for Wizards

In the character stats view, it shows the 10% from paragon, but not from items. I checked with other wizard players and had them look and they also only show the 10% in attack speed character stats view and do not show it from items. I checked on other classes and it shows correctly. It also shows correctly in Non Seasons on Wizards. This bug appears only in Seasons and only on Wizards. I understand that season 17 is ending and don’t expect it to be fixed, but please see that it is fixed for next season. Thanks.

Not a bug

If you mean your seasonal wizard she has no ASPD to show on her status page, one of your non season wizard does have ASPD to show on her status page.

As other said, not a bug.
Attack speed of Weapon has already been created in Attack Per Second and DPS of the weapon. You can compare the weapons of Season and NS Wizard.

Okay, I understand. I see that wpn attack speed shows up in attacks per second. I don’t really understand why other items show both in percentage and attacks per second. but I guess it shows that I’m getting the attack speed, which I assumed. I thought it was a display issue. Is it because wpn attack speed is multiplicative and attack speed on other items is additive is the reason it is handled differently?

let me be clear: If i remove all attack speed items, stats show 10% from paragon and attacks per second at 1.10. If I put an amulet with 7% attack speed , percentage changes to 17% and attacks per second changes to 1.17. If I remove the amulet and add a wpn that adds 7%, the percentage stays at 10% and the attacks per second changes to 1.63. the difference between 1.17 and 1.63 is based on the wpn attack speed being multiplicative and the amulet AS is additive. I’m not really sure why that stats can’t show your total percentage of attack speed increase by items. To say that it’s already added in…so are other items .but they show. I would guess there is a reason to handle it this way, whether it’s diminishing returns calculations or how it affects attacks per second… It still seems unnecessarily complicated.

Correct.

If you have further questions about game play, please ask on New Player Help or General Discussion (or other forums).

How the hell do you have over 3k paragon and not know how attack speed works?

Wow. I know how it works in terms of play, I just never noticed that percentage never changed when the wpn was added. And we are not talking about how attack speed works, I was talking about how it is displayed in the character stat section. I also didn’t know that the display section is actually where the game calculates the actual performance. I thought it was just a display/ summary of information. Afterall, almost all the information is incorrect in terms of actual damage done. The damage displayed is not the same if someone inspects your profile compared to when you look at your character screen, and of course the armory is also different. Given the variance of these displays, I assumed them to be outcome, not a source of game calculation. I still see no reason not to display the total percentage attack speed added by items. we know weapon AS is calculated differently.

So, I guess your indignation is off target. Okay, I see that you are in the 2k paragon range when a player thinks all they know is all that is to be known.

Which means you don’t understand how attack speed works. The numbers displayed in the character details are correct. As mentioned, it is not bugged.

It’s funny that you keep going on about this, I understand that it is not a bug based on Maskedraider’s helpful comment. But the total percentage of attack speed is suppose to reflect the total given by “items”. It does not reflect this total because it does not show the wpn attack speed. I see no reason why it is not there. I understand the rationale that is calculated differently, but that should not exclude it from showing in total from items. The math is not calculated from the player stat sheet. That is crazy talk. It is just a graphical display of information and in terms of total percent of attack speed from items, leaving out the weapon makes the display incorrect. That it is calculated differently in the code during game play has nothing to do with how it is displayed. Do you understand that the character stat page is a display, not a source of information of which calculations are made? I mean you know everything, surely you know that.

And again, despite claiming you know how attack speed works, your rant indicates that you clearly don’t understand it. There is no display discrepancy. The weapon attack speed increase is correctly displayed in the character sheet. There is nothing wrong with it.

Weapon’s attack speed is shown as Attack per Second on the sheet. If it also included in the Attack Speed, then it would be double counted.

why are you being so thick about this? There are two pieces of information in the character sheet regarding attack speed. Percent given by items and attacks per second. Attacks per second show up correctly. Total percentages by items do not include wpn so it is not the total, so inaccurate. this is isn’t complicated. the argument that it shows in attacks per second so it doesn’t need to show in total percentage is inconsistent with the fact that, say gloves, show the increase in attack per second and total percent of attack speed given by items. Just because the weapon attack speed is multiplicative should not matter . It would only matter if the game is doing the math as though our character display sheet is their database. Seriously? No way is that the case. Our character sheet doesn’t and can’t show legendary gems effects, set effects and many (not all ) skill and passive effects or proc rates, frame rates and break points. So how can our character sheet be a source of damage and mitigation calculations? It’s all done under the hood, so to speak, and the character sheet is just the paint. As far as a rant goes… use a dictionary once in a while. Rants will frequently drift from topic to topic, This point I’m making is very specific. However, you, on the other hand, keep making the same point, confusing the difference between how attack speed works and how it is displayed as information to the player. Two very different things. I’m beginning to think you don’t know all that is involved with how damage is calculated in this game.

As it isn’t a bug, there is no point for further discussion here. If any one wants to discuss, do it on other forum, thanks.

I understand your point. But you do see that is inconsistent with all other items that posted in both places and are not double counted. It also assumes that the character sheet info is a source of calculations and not just a display. Seem unlikely. It doesn’t matter that it calculates different APS for wpns. What is your source of information? Did a blue respond to this somewhere and say it would be double counted for weapons? Are you a moderator for this forum section, why you are determining what can be said here and what can not?

Again, Bug Report is not a place for discussing game play mechanics, it for reporting bugs only. No blizzard staff will confirm or discuss with you.

Other forums are for discussion and feedback. That is why they exist.

1 Like

the only reason, so far, that this is not a bug, is because you say it will be double counted and this only applies to wpns. sounds like a bug that maybe the devs work around was to not include in the total by items. So …technically, work around or not, still is a bug, because as a weapon is an item and the category is total percent AS by items is incorrect. It only becomes a “game mechanic” after they say they are solving this issue by not having show correctly. Again, what is your source of information to confirm your point of “double counting”. I have already stated why, after thinking about this, find it unlikely…possible, but unlikely. I am assuming you were not born with this information, you must have gotten it from somewhere. Where?

Ugh, you really should spend more time trying to learn the game.

Here, I posted a primer for you:

If you believe it is a bug, then it is the end of discussion. No dev will come to confirm or deny you.

PS this game is 7(?) years old. You are not the first one on this topic. Likely not the last one. I’ve seen too many in the Bug Report forum already.

I know how it is calculated, sheesh. My entire comment was focused on the fact the total percentage by items doesn’t show the AS from the weapon, which is an item. So the DISPLAY is incorrect as it is not a total percentage. It doesn’t matter if weapons are calculated differently. The display is just a summary of information which is not in the loop of how damage is calculated. It is just a graphical display. Your arrogant attitude is blocking your mind to not equivocate a display of information and how damage is calculated. Saying I should spend more time trying to learn the game is evidence of your arrogance. You , 2k paragon and the other guy thinks he runs the forums, 900k paragon are the ones that need play the game more and spend less time in the forums… You continue to talk about how damage is calculated … when I am talking about a display inconsistency. The only point made so far indicating this is not a bug has been made by Maskedraider, who claims it will be double counted because the APS already shows up, but other items show in both locations and are not double counted. The reason behind that being weapons are multiplicative AS, I find suspect and would like to know the source of that “urban legend”.

Holy smokes, are you ever dense. I just explained why the weapon attack speed increase isn’t shown in the general attack speed increase shown on the character sheet.