Attack speed not showing for Wizards

I’m not the dense one here. You can’t seem to grasp the difference between display and damage calculations. I spelled it out so 5th grader can understand already.

If you believe that it is a bug, you have made your point and reported here. You don’t need to convince us.

If you don’t believe others, we can’t convince you either. Dev won’t confirm or deny anything.

It is not about believing or not believing you. You presented a reasonable point about why it is not included. This point depends on the idea that in game calculations are done FROM the character stat summary sheet. That is why I asked where you got this answer, as I would like to see the source of your information. You know as well as I do that many things have been said over the years and believed to be true, only to find out it not being the case. Sometimes something said may have been true 3 years ago but no longer is. Attack speed has been fiddled with a lot over the years in this game.

Main source: the forums.
Other source, e.g. d3planner.com

LOL, so you read it somewhere in the forums. D3planner, can not allow you to solve this, already looked at that before coming here, so not sure why you list that. But… I guess thanks for the effort.

Study the equations shown on d3planner, you will learn a lot the mechanics of the game.

One more reference: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/acronyms-the-definitive-list-plus-definitions/175
Look for ASI and IAS. Read the conversation on the thread about them.

What you fail to grasp is that this is already present on your stat sheet, under the attacks per second value which is directly taken from your weapon, having it also appear on the attack speed increase stat would make it double dip.

Zendiablo, there’s a reason that the stat on weapons says “Increases attack speed by 7%” and on all other gear it says “Attack speed increased by 7%”
Its because they are different stats that calculate separately.

fail to grasp? I am aware and if you read more carefully above , you will see where it was indicated that I understand attacks per second is modified by the weapon. I would point out that AS from gloves also modifies APS and does show in the percent total. To bring you up to speed (pun intended), It comes down to whether the character sheet is where the game looks while you are in combat to calculate your attack speed/damage. I doubt it. given that it misses so much, set bonuses, skills, legendary gems, pylons. The issue is not how it is calculated, by how it is displayed. But I see Maskraider has provide me with a link. Despite the arrogant and personal attacks, I still have an open mind on this topic, so I’ll read the link and see.

Please move this thread to the General Discussion Forum!

Thank you.

1 Like