Are we getting a patch this time or?

Maybe some time in the afternoon or tomorrow could be nice.

Jeepers guys the whole point of a 2 week PTR is get 1 weeks worth of testing then release a PTR patch.

It will come today for sure. Clearly there are some bugged mechanics with Inna and it needs more juice so I assume we will get that addressed in a patch later today.

Looking at previous history of PTR patches in a two week cycle, they’ve done a mid-ptr patch each time.

PTR came out last Thursday. Mid-ptr patches have usually been a week after PTR initially launches, so I’d expect a patch today (Thursday) or Friday.

2 Likes

Hopefully today! Tomorrow at latest.

We should see something either today or tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll see some buffs to monks, wds, and dhs (it’s unlikely, but I can still hope).

So, hopefully later today…

1 Like

I’m stuck right now.

When I attempt to log onto the PTR I get a message saying there is an update and the app will shut down and automatically install the update, but no installation happens.

So, a CM said they are coming with an update a couple hours ago. That’s probably what’s happening.

The update is downloading for me right now… still looking for patch notes on the forums but they’re probably only available via Twitter or some other hideous social media thing.

Patch is in now, and PTR blog updated with quite a number of changes!

So far, I’ve only seen what it looks like in game. Looking through the notes, but what I seen is the Inna’s set stuff.

The Bracers are 200% damage, 5x for the fire allies and 200% for crudest boots. I think their abilities lasting longer used to be on the set, now it’s on the boots. The damage of the 6p has been bumped to 3000% damage per ally. No change to DR.

So it went from 12,062.5x multiplier for fire allies to 9,933x. On paper, sounds a lot worse. We will see with that. Looking over the rest.

The only thing they didn’t seem to address is the necromancer’s set. I don’t play it, but from what I heard, the damage is significantly lower then what is projected on paper. I like a lot of the updates to the ethereal weapons.

Indeed, I just hopped on to do a quick gr110 with water innas, now it feels really like a proper ‘speed’ run without the boom or bust feeling :sweat_smile:

Definitely. On paper it sounds worse, but it feels way better. Probably has to do with the bartucs if I am going to be honest.

EDIT: The set is now using the actual rune of the allies. My spirit is filling when using my mystic.

I can’t see anything regarding the fmodx64.dll freeze bug!!! No patch notes on the most wanted fix. How comes?

1 Like

Well they nerfed all the WD ethereal items, so once again WD gets boned. Awesome… :man_facepalming:t2:

Edit, oh it looks like they also nerfed the only good necro item Soul Harvest. WTH blizzard? What’s the point of the ethereal items if you keep making them suck?

There’s a LOT of things they need to fix, but I think they have too short of vision to actually fix anything outside of the PTR.

Interesting changes.

Several classes ethereals changed. Good in that there is more differentiation, bad in that means getting the right ethereal is now more difficult.

Crusaders asked for thorns, instead get maximum damage and pony cooldown.

Demon Hunters get a bone, but not the melee weapon they needed.

Well, at least the bows are significantly better, but I do agree they need a melee weapon. All they have to do is make a spear and call it a javelin.

Wow, that’s a major screw up… I just got one of the new Bartuc’s for my monk with 970 Strength and no Dexterity. What the Hells is that about? These weapons can’t be used by other classes so why are they given a chance at getting stats for other classes. That’s going to really hork big time if after finally getting an Ethereal for your toon it has the wrong class stats.

You either got a bugged one or you’re not noticing the dex. It has strength on it due to the version in diablo 2.