Arcane power issues

Keep running out of arcane power with firebirds build, causing issues in higher GRs, how do you all increase or manage arcane power regen/spend?

Off-hands with Arcane Power on Crit.
Topaz in helm for RCR.

2 Likes

This. The required roll on Firebird’s Eye is ApoC and Crit. You need both. A god-tier one is Ancient, and has Apoc, Crit, and CDR. Mirror Images restore AP when they critically hit.

But not this.

Not that - if you don’t know why it doesn’t matter which you pick.

your current FB orb is a close call, sadly it’s normal but 4 max rolls (even 20% Fire dmg)… that’s insanely well rolled :open_mouth:

God knows I’ve gambled enough offhands. Every shard I’ve had this season has literally been spent on offhands.

Took me a good 70k shards before I gambled any sort of ancient, which happened to roll really well so I’m glad about that.

As stated above, APOC is a must. Then I’d say hit multiple enemies with the beam. Of course get your crit chance up. If you have to choose between stats, choose crit chance for the time being. If that doesn’t work, time it so that you cast flame blades to fill your resource, pop the MIs, start your channel

In addition to APoC, how about let go of the beam button. Here is what I mean… You only need to keep your stacks topped off while traveling. You need to maintain full stacks when killing enemies. So try this:

• beam until full stacks
  • Tele 2 to 5 times
  • tap the beam to tag some mobs with ignite
  • Tele 2 to 5 times or until you find elites or massive density
  • engage enemies with images and beam to maintain full stacks but short split second interrupts to allow explosive blast to fire
  • you should be at full stacks at the end of the fight which sends you back into travel mode.

Tapping while traveling will help conserve you AP. At 46 to 47 stacks a tap brings you to full. Only major jumps in attack speed would drain you in a fight.

1 Like

I can actually imagine that… well, meanwhile I snatched this beauty:

https://i.imgur.com/vvZI1KN.png

Now, that’s close… man, if only that thing had rolled as a primal.

How much cdr do you go for? I’m at 50-ish % with topaz in helm. It would be interesting to hear and compare some values on chc, chd, cdr, rcr.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I´m over 60% and it still feels way to low.
The Teleport is still clunky as Hell (maybe I ´m just to picky, as a Monk who has has his Dash …) and the CDR not only benefits the Crimson-Set, but also helps to spam Explosive Blast way more often.

And esp. if i see, how much Amethysts you put into your Gear, Ashnagarrs, Prides Fall and the Sankis …
Better make sure, that everything dies, before it can hurt you :wink:
Get yourself some Gems up and augment your Gear !!!
(Recipe 10 in the Cube)

As your Int goes up by Paragon and Augments, the less DMG you have to Eat

You want to be a Battle-Mage … Not a Tank.
So start to destroy them and dont think too much on how to boost your Defence

as for me… currently I have:

• 68.21% CDR, from
    20% Evocation, 20% Crimsons, 10% Paragon, 10% Weapon, 10% Enchantress, 12.5% Diamong in helm, 3x 8% on gear (shoulders, gloves, source)
  • 63.5% CHC, from
    2x 5% (base, Paragon), 4x 6% (Helm, Bracer, both rings), 2x 10% (Amulet, Source), 9.5% from gloves
  • 477% CHD, from
    4x 50% (base, Paragon, gloves, CoE ring, 130% Weapon, 100% Amulet, 47% CR ring
  • 68% fire damage %, from
    20% Amulet, 2x 19% (bracer, source), 10% Enchantress
  • 33.76% RCR / 3 APoC, from
    20% Crimson, 10% Paragon, 8% shoulders… and 3 APoC on the source, obviously

I managed to beat 135 with that… but I got a nice festering woods map in the middle with a Conduit… I managed to shred multiple big packs with it.

Yeah, I know thapt I haven’t gone mainstream, at this stage (just hit p800) the roll off of mainstat on some gear pieces is what really hurts.
Sankis is used as I wanted to see how far a high elemental investment can go.
As for the augments I am holding back on them as long as possible in order to test my skill.
I don’t know if you noticed the crappy RoRG that is sore for me atm. Will hunt one with either chc+chd or chd+cdr, not an easy combo.
Now as far as cdr and rcr goes since they are multiplicative we can easily get to a point were we sacrifice more than we gain.
At least as far as I have understood it.
Thanks yet again though, still in a build up stage pushing solo so I might swap some stuff and leave my stubbornness :slight_smile:

Cheers,
I will get back to you on my stats as I am on the phone now.

@Balbero
Buddy I forgot to mention the teleport, I agree on the icd being a pain atm. My “counter” to it is to find a rythm in order to allow it to pass. My question is if you see a noticable diff going from 40 or 50 to almost 70 cdr that you have on it. I have to admit that I haven’t payed it any attention.

CDR

% Ele

So you did it with the All-Skills on your Enchantress and with your Non-Season 3,3k Para-Mage ?

The 20% might sound nice.
But you should keep in Mind, that the Orb of Infinite Depth not only gives you 40% more damage, but also reduces all damage take by 80%

So you just trow away 20% more damage an 80% reduction.
Sure. Sankis has its untalented Ignore Pain-Proc. But the Chance is around ~8% with an internal Cooldown of ~11-15 Seconds.

With this Choice alone, you limit yourself in so many ways.
And I´m pretty sure, this is also the Reason, why you have Prides Fall, as well als Aquilla in your Build.
Just because you thought, the 20% Elemental could maybe be better as 40% Damage …

If this would be the Case …
Dont you think that Ppl who are really familiar with the Game and do the Theory-Crafting, hadn´t noticed this already long ago ?

This has nothing to do with testing one´s own Skill, if you are not even able to compete against other Players.
If you wanne see how good you really are, you need to compare it with other Ppl.

If i try to sing, my Neighbaurs Cat might think it is good. Maybe even I might think so.
But if I never compare it with others, I will never find out, how unskilled and bad I really am.

:joy_cat:

You dont need to !
Just put it into your Cube !!!

If you use the Endless Walk - Set, combine it with the Convention of Elements.
So you have the 200% in your Fire-Phase.
Or if you wanne have Squirts, use it with the CoE and an ORotZ.
If the Content you Run is to low, so you wanne have more Burst for shorter Fights.
Than equip the Squirts and use F&R-Rings, wich gives you the 125% increase.

But wearing the RoRG itself, is just a pure, meaningless DMG-Loss

:wink:

There are Way´s to speed it up quite a bit.
Like using an ORotZ
But norm. i do a Break inbetween the Teleports nontheless to firing Des. to keep my Taeguk up.
It´s just, that the whole Animation feels like I have to drive a Truck, instead of a agile Mage
:smiley:

Sorry for the long Post
Here is a :potato:

1 Like

By no means have I missed the very points you mention, I have all the gear in waiting for a change. Of course you are right and in no means do I claim to have reinvented the wheel :slight_smile:
As for the pushing myself part it isn’t anything but to see how far I can go.
And to all that are trying out wizard for the first time follow the advice you get by these guys they know what they talk about.
During build up you might get away with temporary solutions like Prides Fall in order to able to sustain arcane power. That is just one example but move to the solid solutions you get here and on builds made by sites like ggmaxroll and so on.

Exactly so… but that’s about as far as I can handle right now.

As for the season - I stopped when I had my Guardian stuff unlocked at p600 - only did the bare minimum. Normally I would have deleted the char already, but maybe they come up with a double bounty buff. That would be about the only thing that could make me switch back to season right now.

Sure.
If you just start out, some Solutions like Aquilla or Stoneguard Gunlets in the Cube are a easy Way to get around for the Time beeing :slight_smile:
But Prides Fall ?
I´m pretty sure that you have picked up at least one Mantle of Channeling :wink:
This would have been the far better Solution

Was just a Question ^^
Might have been, that you have some other Mage somewhere else :slight_smile: :sunflower:

Did the 135 by myself a few Days ago, so I was curios =)
https://i.imgur.com/a1xjrqe.jpg
But hey.
Was pretty funny …
First Catacombs, followed by 3 times Bastions and on Top of it Vesallius as Boss :joy:

The reason I stuck that piece in (Prides Fall) there is the damage reduction it offers thanks to CCrimson, not to be underestimated.
The Sankis I used mainly to test the limits on the elemental damage right not I am at 85% with the enchantress and gear. I also use all spells charm on her.
I need to stress that I am not arguing against you, what you have pointed out is spot on, you may have missed some more crap I have on my char, :slightly_smiling_face:
Like I said I want to push this crap build and myself to the limit.
To truly progress I will make the necessary swaps later.
Cheers buddy, I do appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

PS p800, GR105 so far on this crap :slight_smile: DS

PS2 One more noob reason for the helm is that I manage to track the shields from galvanizing DS2