Anyone for Sprinter on XBox One?

With the free weekend, and only 5 people on the leaderboards, I figured why not go for it. I’m still missing one item, but should be easy enough to get with some more rifting. I’ll definitely have it soon though.

(I would have also done Speed Racer, but there just isn’t enough time to level and gear solo. Having to get to 70 without a challenge cache, and Expert being the highest difficulty playable was painful, to say the least.)

Lolz do you do it on all 3 platforms every season???

1 Like

Normally no. I always do it on the PC, because it’s one of the fastest conquest in the game to complete. My goal on the PC is just to get the season journey over. On the PS4, I mainly just run it now if people are up for learning the conquest.

The only reason for the XBox One is the free weekend. I looked on the leaderboards, and there were only 5 people. Not having played Diablo before on the XBox, it was a 6 hour trudge to get to 70. And even at 70, I foolishly decided to save my challenge cache for HC. I completely forgot how painful it was to gear up from scratch without Haedrig’s Gift or carries.

But, I’m number 6 on the Sprinter leaderboards baby! I have to say this though. The load times on the XBox One is so much more painful than the PS4. And just had a problem skipping cutscenes. I’m so use to how the PS4 works, that I naturally did that almost every time, thus wasting precious seconds every time.

1 Like

Yeah, load times really suck. The closest I’ve gotten to completing this was in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Dozens of attempts later, I decided my time was best used elsewhere.

I’m currently running it with a monk using RoRG with 3 pieces if justice set and 3 pieces of rainment. Kyroshiro’s belt, won kim lau, vengful wind, ceasars memento, obsidian ring, averice band with boon of the hoarder. Cubed engeom, cindercoat, and RoRG. Running fire dash.

What build do you use?

You can check my profile and you can see the generic build I use. The rings + amulet don’t matter, and I typically use a daibo to help with speed. If I have enough spirit regen, I’ll switch to 2 one handed fists.

Base gear:

Cindercoat
Pride’s Fall
3 piece Raiment
Kyoshiro’s Soul
Crudest Boots

The rest is pretty much optional.

I went through my recording of the video, and counted 7:13 worth of load screens. That’s painful when trying for an hour run. Like, on the PS4, after killing Mira, going to Weeping Hollow, entering the crypts, almost all of that is instantaneous. But on the XBox, I got hit with a 22 second delay entering Weeping Hollow, and 5-10 seconds entering and exiting the crypts. And, excluding the skip cut scenes, I felt I ran a pretty clean Sprinter, and would have had more than enough time to spare on the PS4, but barely eeked it out on the XBox.

I also tried gearing for Speed Racer, but just didn’t have enough time with the free weekend. A couple mandatory pieces of the build just refused to drop.

I’m wondering if we can preload some of the game for act 1 prior to making the actual run. Essentially run through act 1 then exit lobby to start over. It should still have all of if not most of act 1 loaded into memory. Hopefully this will cut load times.

1 Like

That should be able to help some. Perhaps not all of Act 1, but whatever the amount is that can stay in RAM.

I also wonder about the XBox Series X. Since it’s going to be 100% backwards compatible, but with a better CPU, GPU, and SSD, this should cut down the loading tremendously. It’s coming out in 2 months, so it won’t be available for this season, but should from next season onwards. And Sprinter & Speed Racer are a conquest every other season, so probably Season 23.

As it stands now though, I’ll have to correct my previous line of thinking about running the conquest. If you’re on the PS4, it’s going to be faster to still run it solo in my opinion than in a group. But on the XBox, the group is probably the way to go. There are just too many load times in sections which other players can help with that will offset the 2 minutes that you lose due to the Act completion bug.

But, look at it this way. Currently you have the harder variant of the conquest, so take pride in it! I’m not quite sure how the load times stack up against the Switch though.

I have attempted it with group, it takes longer.

Was it longer because it was just longer, or the group just didn’t have the Sprinter experience?

What I mean is that, with a group, you’re going to have a guaranteed 90 seconds of wasted time. With all the join dialogs, probably 3 minutes. So, can you complete all the sections in the game which benefit from multiple players, within those 3 minutes? If yes, then the group is longer.

But what tends to happen is that people vastly underestimate the townie. And I say this too with the PC version. The townie should be one of the most experienced Sprinter players. More Sprinter conquest attempts are lost because of a terrible townie than time saved with that extra player. For runners, with the exception of Kharza Den, the game practically tells you where to go. For the townie though, you need to know exactly where to stand, when. That’s what many people don’t understand. They don’t have the speed gear, they’ve never run the conquest at all, so they volunteer for it, because it’s the easy part.

And that’s totally wrong. Don’t attempt the conquest if that’s who you’re recruiting, because you’re most likely going to fail terribly, unless you have a supremely knowledgeable runner. In their eyes, it’s only a 2 second run to Haedrig. But it becomes a 2 second run here, a 5 second run there, and that all adds up. From having run this conquest a ton, I’ve concluded that an inexperienced townie will add nearly 10 minutes to a run, and it’s all because those seconds add up. 10 minutes is a ridiculous amount of time when you consider you need to beat the whole campaign in an hour. Yes, most times when I’ve carried people, and they said they’re going to be a townie, I end up doing their job too. I should not be able to teleport from a location (~8 seconds), and talk to the guy before the player who’s in town right next to the person can talk to them, but that’s what happens more often than not. That’s why on the PC, I’ll (almost) never go with a townie anymore. (Almost, because if they’ve completed the conquest before as a runner, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what to do.)

I’ve tended to find though, that the optimal group size is 3 players. While only the crypts require 3 players, there are several locations where you need a person in town, but also have a quest where you need to teleport back to town. In those situations, you have a player start to teleport right before the quest pops up, so that when the quest does pop up, you’re only waiting 1 second to start the next portion of the quest instead of 8 seconds.

The question though comes down to, are you ever going to find that group of 3 on a console?

In my best monk run, loading times are consuming about 2 minutes of the run (not including loading into the game).

1 Like

Yeah, my townie went afk twice, and didnt know where the npc interactions were. They wouldnt cancel cinematics, ect. I wasnt up for spending the time to explain everything to them. Best 3 man I ran was 1:15. I knew over 15 minutes of time was wasted.

1 Like

Non console related, but since you’ve done both, what would you suggest for the quickest approach next season, since Sprinter is going to be a conquest for season 22?

GoD or Justice?

I’m looking absolute minimal build to complete it. I figure the conquest will be unlocked roughly 3.5 hours into the season, thus only 2.5 hours into the season to actually gear, and that includes the 1-70 leveling. Let’s assume no other legendaries drop.

That is a really good question. I once tested a pure movement speed build for monk with the Justice set and I struggled getting sub 1 hour. On the other hand, my best GoD time with a complete build is 57:57 which leaves only 2 minutes for mistakes during a run.

Without any other legendaries, I think both will be close to impossible to do solo. I’m probably going to go with the Justice set myself and add some pieces from Raiment and Kyoshiro’s Soul. With a GoD build, I’m worried about resources getting too low (or just a bad act 5). If I end up trying a limited Justice/Raiment build before the season starts, I can let you know how it went.

Cool. Last season TinneOnn Muin got super lucky with the drops early into the season, so our group completed it roughly at the 4 hour mark. But by the 3 hour mark, I didn’t get any useful drops to help with the conquest, other than being the damage dealer. The group that normally takes the conquests will probably be targeting that second, as there’s only one faster conquest (the boss rush). Thus, even less time and fewer drops to prepare for the conquest.

If you have room for one more next season and going to attempt it on EU, I can get you to 70 within an hour of season start. The class you choose wouldn’t even matter, and you wouldn’t even need to use your challenge cache. (Sub 1 hour with practice + using the challenge cache).

Next season should be alot easier for the justice setup. 4th cube slot will definitely help.

My current justice setup for speed run:
Justice set
Helm
Chest
Gloves

Rainment set
Shoulders
Pants
Boots

Kyoshiro’s soul belt

Jewelry
Obsidian ring
Averice band
Squirts necklace (any necklace)

Weapons
Vengful wind fist weapon (for 10 additional stacks)
Won khim lau

Bracers
Ceasars menento (warzechian armguards or reaper wraps optional)

Cube
Balance or in-geom
Prides fall
Ring of royal grandeur

Skills
Epiphany - insight
Tempest Rush - electric field
Cyclone strike - wall of wind ( breath of heaven -zephyr optional)
Sweeping wind - any rune
Dashing strike - way of the falling star ( radiance rune optional)
Mantra of conviction - Annihilation

Passives
Chant of resonance
Exalted soul
Beacon of ytar
Fourth passive optional (seize the initiative for attack speed, fleet footed for move speed)

Legendary gems
Molten wildebeest’s gizzard
Boon of the hoarder
Optional third (I use gogok)

Next season we can also cube echoing fury or kekegi’s unbreakable spirit.

I use the dashes in wide open areas and unobstructed straights, use the movement speed in narrow/ obstructed areas. Too many people try to just use dash resulting in multiple dashes into walls which wastes time.

Always hold Tempest rush for 50 spirit regen. With templar follower providing 10% resource regen, this build goes to 122.1 spirit per second. With base attack speed of 1.75 aps and rcr at 45% plus prides fall, tempest rush spends 20.2 spirit per second but generates 50 per second from justice. Net spirit gain is roughly 30 spirit per second from TR. Overall spirit regen is 122.1-20= 102.1.

Dashing strike is an attack, therefore how often you can use it is also affected by attack speed(animation). If at 1.75 aps and 45% rcr with prides fall, dashing strike only costs you 28.875 spirit per use or 57.75 spirit per second. Or you could look at it as: with 102.1 spirit per second regen, you can afford to dash 3.5 times per second if you can actually perform 3.5 dashes per second.

1 Like

It’s not really the gear that’s the problem, it’s the time required to accomplish it. (This was mainly aimed at the PC, not the console, but this was where I saw PokeyToe, who holds most of the Sprinter records). There’s a group that gets #1 on most of the conquests every season. So, it’s nice to knock them out of a top spot on conquests when possible.

With 2.5 hours to gear, that’s roughly 1 hour to hit 70, and 1.5 hours to gear. And doing everything near perfectly, it takes 1 hour to unlock the first 4 chapters. Typically, even the top ranked players, i.e. the ones who hit 70 in an hour, take roughly 90 minutes to unlock the first 4 chapters. To give you an idea, there were only 13 players in Season 21 who managed to hit 70 in under an hour from season start. That’s across Asia, EU, Americas and the PS4 combined. (I don’t know Switch and XBox stats).

The bottom line is, under near perfect conditions, you have 30 minutes remaining to acquire all the extra legendaries needed. And there won’t be a single person who can carry you through high level rifts. Last season, it took roughly 2.5 hours for people to start getting into T10. And we’re not talking 2 minute rift or GR clears here. Just being able to access it in public games. So, realistically, you’ll have no time to acquire gear for Sprinter if going after the Chapters, and not in a private group.

For top spots on the PC conquests, you need gear sharing. Basically dump your gear onto one player to carry whatever conquest you’re after. And you’re after minimal builds, i.e. what is the very least amount of gear you’ll need to pull the conquest off?

For #1 Sprinter (correct me if I’m wrong), on the Switch, it took 2 days for Sprinter to be unlocked. For the PS4, 3 days. For the XBox, almost a week. On the PC, 4 hours.

Yeah, on console, we cannot gear share.

Side note: all classes get the new sets next season. The justice set for the monk just needs the weapons and bracers to be instant t16 viable. It can actually run t16 missing one of the multipliers.

Guys, is here any option to skip cutscenes on XBox?? At least manually…

Press the start button for it. When they had a free weekend of Diablo 3 last season for the XBox, I gave it a try, and found it significantly harder. (On the PS4, it’s just the circle button, which is the cancel button on the PS4, but that doesn’t work on the XBox). Whereas I can easily breeze through Sprinter on the PS4, I struggled on the XBox One to pull off the conquest. (I’d say it’s harder to pull off Sprinter on the XBox One than it is on the Switch and PS4. Maybe the new Xbox series with backwards compatibility and an SSD will help in this regard?)

Yeah, I bought Series X and its almost instant loadings. Just cutscenes was trouble. So thank You very much. I will try today. Not with monk, but chicken WD with all bonuses for speed.