Any speculation on what the new set should be?

I have an idea around strafe. Whats everyone elses?

There was some discussion around the time the new sets were announced (without any details):

1 Like

Tyvm!

I love how helpful the DH community is!

1 Like

strave already has a set

how about TRAPS?

I too would like to see something with Strafe. IMO it’s the most fluid feeling of the spin to win skills, it just doesn’t do enough damage. Something with FoK could be cool too. I’ve seen quite a few people mention traps but honestly that just doesn’t sound fun to me.

I have always wanted a set with traps or even something around rapid fire

A channeling set could be made to work with Strafe and Rapid Fire, and give 2 distinct build platforms.

I’d like to see a means of stacking damage on RoV. My favorite idea (just because I like this skill) is to have Shuriken Cloud stack damage per enemy hit. One way to give DH a high GR AOE spot in 4 P.

I’d be happy if it is a good alternative to the multi-shot and impale builds, and not a piece of junk like they rolled out for monks.

1 Like

Yes. The new sets are going to be straight to salvage. Just like black thorns.

I’m feeling that it needs to be less Skill specific, and more Gameplay specific. I like triggering things with skills, animation cancelling, and flow of play over any basic damage boost.

It’s all about power, so if you fired Elemental Arrows while channeling, animation cancelled Spike Traps/Caltrops while channeling and increased movement speed while channeling, you end up with more Strafe/Rapid Fire builds than a set just about any one skill.

IMHO, I think the gameplay differences between UE/M6/N6M4/S6/LoD are amazing. If a new set is added, it should change gameplay on these levels.

2 Likes

What about some set based on Lilith? “Lilith Garments” maybe?
It could be too early, though, and too specific for the Demon Hunter.

What about build for grenades and traps?
Would be interesting!

Edit:
I just realized. It’d be awesome to have 2 interesting features:

1. Marked for Death. It was cool when Calamity was introduced, but now it’s useless.
  2. Main stat is Hatred. And there are other util features gone unused (Smokescreen and Caltrops)

Maybe fuse it somehow?
Would go awesome with Lilith or Mephisto themed set and focus on Hatred.

3 Likes

Sure.

Pulling things from D4 backwards to D3 might actually help them bridge the differences between the games.

In that manner, however, I’m far more interested in the immediate “backwards compatibility” of the Diablo:Immortal product, as all developments in that game (items/ skills/ playstyles) should be able to quickly be added to D3 as content since they share a common engine.

1 Like

Shuriken Cloud + Strafe. You could just tweak what the new monk set did with tempest rush + sweeping wind. Make Strafe boost the range of Shuriken Cloud. Plus a damage boost + Movement Speed + Damage reduction.
Make enemies hit by Shuriken Cloud refund some Hatred. Power up some of legendary items that boost Strafe and make some new ones.

My own idea.
A set focused on Grenades. Give them some love. We already have hellcats. So a set with grenades as a focus could let you use a variety of different abilities. I also thought it would be cool to add in Spike Trap as apart of this set. Make it so when spike trap detonates it has grenades shoot out of it. Not sure what the specific play style could be or how to make Grenades + Spike Trap work. But I’d assume the skill set up would be Grenade generator + Skill with Grenade Rune + Spike Trap.

1 Like

This was my thought too. I always liked spike traps way back in the day, before they were rendered obsolete by so many other things and changes. Not sure what they could do with a set or legendary affixes to make it interesting AND competitive, though.

I assure you they are distinctly different engines. Don’t let the art fool you.

1 Like

Ok, but the models/animations are probably .3ds, and easily exported.

I think the Art Style is more important than engine, as that would immediately be obvious and incompatible.